The Thierry Katsukunya transfer fee to Villa (1 Viewer)

Colin Steins Smile

I've been looking into the fees that clubs receive for academy players recruited by Premier League clubs.

My understanding is that the maximum fee a club can receive is "upto" £40k for each year the player was in the academy.

Hence, if I've understood this correctly [and I stand to be corrected] the fee for Thierry Katsukunya is based on him joining CCFC academy in 2014.

Therefore, that is a maximum of 7-8 years, depending on the start date. This equates to a maximum of £280,000 to £320,000......although I doubt we received that much and it's not something that our audited accounts would ever detail.

I'd welcome other members knowledge and thoughts on this

fernandopartridge

Just had a quick read. I think that the figures might be general guidance for where the clubs cannot agree a compensation fee and it has to be determined by the Professional Football Compensation Committee but couldn't see it explicitly written down anywhere. Length of stay in the academy seems to be just one of the factors but there are others which may inflate the fee (e.g. interest shown by other clubs is one).

SBchimp

EPPP sets the figure to be paid for schoolboys. However once scholarships and pros have been offered the rules change and its negotiable

SlowerThanPlatt

I believe WBA didn’t receive any compensation for Louie Barry who’s now at Villa via Barcelona as it was ruled they didn’t offer him a scholarship. The academy manager there at the time is now at Villa…

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It seems as the whole system is rigged in Premier League clubs favour
giphy.gif

slowpoke

Villa are trawling around scooping as much potential talent as they can
Hopcroft is often at the Higgs suppose that’s his job

Cov record at Acadamy level is good for a club that’s spent most of the last 10/12 years knocking about division 3 & 4. We have had 52 football league debutants in that time that’s a good record imo.
How far is a young player from the first team at 17/18 here than at Villa,
but you can’t blame a youngster going for it.

Last edited:

CCFC54321

I know Steve and had this conversation with him a while back. He lost this lad to Barcelona for next to nothing but the lad never settled in Spain (what a shock as a child). Steve left WBA and went to Villa and the opportunity to bring the lad back to the UK and was taken up.

I know Steve was offered the academy job at Manchester United but had to turn it down.

if I see him I’ll tell him to stay away from the academy!

SlowerThanPlatt

I know Steve and had this conversation with him a while back. He lost this lad to Barcelona for next to nothing but the lad never settled in Spain (what a shock as a child). Steve left WBA and went to Villa and the opportunity to bring the lad back to the UK and was taken up.

I know Steve was offered the academy job at Manchester United but had to turn it down.

if I see him I’ll tell him to stay away from the academy!

Barry was there before he moved. Hopcroft has never been academy manager at WBA or Villa, don’t know where you heard that, he is HOR…the academy manager is Mark Harrison.

CovBrummie94

Villa are trawling around scooping as much potential talent as they can
Hopcroft is often at the Higgs suppose that’s his job

Cov record at Acadamy level is good for a club that’s spent most of the last 10/12 years knocking about division 3 & 4. We have had 52 football league debutants in that time that’s a good record imo.
How far is a young player from the first team at 17/18 here than at Villa,
but you can’t blame a youngster going for it.
Villa have a very decent record of promoting youth to their first team in the last few seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread