The Supporters Consultative Group (1 Viewer)

skybluesam1987

Mark Sorbie (Disabled Supporters)

I've been a disabled supporter since I was a boy and am now 57. I don't know who Mark Sorbie is. I have certainly never been asked my opinion on anything to do with the SCG.
Before we left Highfield Road there was a brief time when there was a disabled supporters group but nothing since.
By the way. I don't go to Sixfields and never shall. When SISU moved us they never even enquired if I wanted to renew my season ticket or sent any details of the facilities for wheelchair users there.

As far as I'm concerned the Sky Blue Trust are doing more to represent me than the SCG.

torchomatic

skybluetony176

I wouldn't worry about it, last week half the people didn't know what the SCG was and now it is public enemy number one and everyone is an expert and everybody involved.

the SCG is not public enemy, its what it has become that is public enemy. in its current state it is not fit for the purpose it was designed and quite franky your post is no different from the actions of Mr Strange at the last meeting. its a deflection of the real issue's. you may as well of posted "look over there" and then ran off in the opposite direction.

Noggin

I've been a disabled supporter since I was a boy and am now 57. I don't know who Mark Sorbie is. I have certainly never been asked my opinion on anything to do with the SCG.
Before we left Highfield Road there was a brief time when there was a disabled supporters group but nothing since.
By the way. I don't go to Sixfields and never shall. When SISU moved us they never even enquired if I wanted to renew my season ticket or sent any details of the facilities for wheelchair users there.

As far as I'm concerned the Sky Blue Trust are doing more to represent me than the SCG.

nore me and I'm a disabled supporter too, I only answered as I knew I'd seen what he did in some previous minutes. It's not been great for disabled supporters really the worst being the fact you can't get tickets even with 20k empty seats, you can't buy a season ticket, I had Dan (ticket office manager before he left) ring me up as I'd not renewed my season ticket obviously trying to talk me into buying one, half way through the call he realises it's not even possible to sell me one as there is none left.

Nick

Administrator
nore me and I'm a disabled supporter too, I only answered as I knew I'd seen what he did in some previous minutes. It's not been great for disabled supporters really the worst being the fact you can't get tickets even with 20k empty seats, you can't buy a season ticket, I had Dan (ticket office manager before he left) ring me up as I'd not renewed my season ticket obviously trying to talk me into buying one, half way through the call he realises it's not even possible to sell me one as there is none left.

This is exactly the sort of thing that fans groups should be looking at / sorting.

petegraham

I think that the SCG need to be more transparent. Why not have elected representatives from each of the fans groups - standing for a season. If they are seen to do a good job they can stand for re-election. If the SCG represents the supporters why do we need Sandra Garlicks Stadium Forum?

Houdi

Feel the SCG and the Stadium Forum's are both window dressing and both pretty pointless presently.Last summer the club arranged several forums to 'gauge' fan's feelings and they were left in no doubt about the ground sharing option. They deliberately chose to ignore the fan's demands to pursue their (SISU) aims of trying to obtain the Ricoh, by legal threats and attempts to 'distress' ACL. The fans concerns were of no consequence in relation to their ultimate goal.This I believe will continue to be the case.
Until the upcoming court cases are settled, then it is highly unlikely that anything significant will be decided. All fans on both side of the divide will just be innocent spectators whilst this 'Greek Tragedy' is being played out.
SISU know they have lost the PR battle with the majority of fans, Fisher the club's CEO has virtually gagged himself, because he knows his utterances are considered toxic by most fans. I imagine even the majority of fans who go to Sixfields don't even really believe the new stadium fantasy, and yet monthly meetings are held to talk about imprinting the club's DNA on Stadium Make Believe.(Stadium MB for short).

olderskyblue

I wouldn't worry about it, last week half the people didn't know what the SCG was and now it is public enemy number one and everyone is an expert and everybody involved.

What a very low opinion you have of a lot of the people who use your forum Nick...

Just read the latest minutes and have to say that Mr Strange whilst eloquent comes across as more of a SISU apologist than an impartial representative of the bulk of Sky Blues fans. I am certain the SBT have been clumsy in certain exchanges, but I do sense that they are taking a more middle road position. If Mr Strange were to ask for input across a spectrum of supporters who are not directly associated with the SCG or SBT and represent those views, he and the various groups might enjoy an increase in perceived value. As it stands, SCG is on the surface only relevant to those who attend and not the bulk of fans who feel alienated and betrayed.

Grendel

If you think half the people on here until a week ago had not heard of the SCG.

I am afraid that is a sad indictment of the SCG not the members here.

Why is it? We only really hear about the trust because it communicates on here. A lot of fans not using this forum wouldn't know them or anything they stand for. Come to think of it I'm a member and I haven't a clue about their aims and objectives.

We have heard of the SCG anyway as king harvest used to post minutes on here.

duffer

So that isn't the case? It is nothing personal against people.

It obviously isn't the case though, is it Nick?

Look at the interest in Kingharvest's posts and it's perfectly clear that a lot of people have been following what's said at the SCG from afar.

Be honest Nick - you're not overly keen on the Trust, and on that basis you don't really care if they get a kicking from the SCG or the club. You're entitled to that opinion, but don't let's pretend that everyone feels the same.

The Gentleman

Why is it? We only really hear about the trust because it communicates on here. A lot of fans not using this forum wouldn't know them or anything they stand for. Come to think of it I'm a member and I haven't a clue about their aims and objectives.

So what do you propose? get rid of the trust and then swiftly onto KCIC? Will you then be happy that all we are left with is the SCG, The Stadium Forum Committee and Labovitch's Lullaby's? All speaking with one voice but representing practically no-one but the people who agree with them and follow everything they say.

dongonzalos

Never seen them on telly, in the CET or on the radio then?

dongonzalos

I assume your last sentence is for Nick

covspain

Here you go Grendell. I'm surprised that as a member you have never looked at the Trust website. You could learn a lot.

The Sky Blue Trust is an independent, democratic, not for profit, supporters’ group which operates transparently and with membership open to all Sky Blues supporters.
The Sky Blue Trust wants a Coventry City Football Club which has success on the pitch, is financially stable and rooted in the community. We believe that greater involvement of supporters is vital for the future of the Club.
The Trust’s Aims are to:

• To build and maintain membership of the Trust;
  • To return the team to playing in Coventry;
  • To secure supporter involvement in the ownership and management of the club;
  • To advocate financial stability for CCFC, with a business model based on avoiding unsustainable debt, and profits being reinvested directly in the Club;
  • To have City fans recognised as the lifeblood of the Club and at the heart of everything CCFC does.
To achieve these Aims the Trust will:

• seek to work in partnership with the Club and all other stakeholders in CCFC;
  • represent and give voice to the views of Trust members;
  • pursue any viable opportunity to gain an ownership stake in CCFC;
  • campaign for improvements to the match day experience.
If you want to read more about the Trust, you can follow the links on the left to see a copy of our constitution, answers to some common questions, and minutes of our board meetings.

simple_simon

Did some digging just so we get some facts and this is what I have been able to find out

15th October 2005 an idea from the Sky Blue Trust for a "Joint Council" agreed with CCFC
It had the following structure
CCFC 2 places (inc 1 director)
SB Trust 2 places
Coventry City Supporters Club 1 place
Coventry City London Supporters Club 1 place
CCFC Fanzines/website 1 place

The Trust were to Chair the meetings

January 2006 Paul Fletcher renamed it as the Supporters Consultative Group, but group remained independent. The Group was expanded in order to cover a bigger demographic. It was at this point Mr Strange (CC London Supporters Club) Mr Ward (Corporate Premier Club) and others joined

It was later further expanded to include Mr Brown (Club Historian) and Mr Heffernan (Coventry City Irish Supporters Club) and others

Mr Fisher in his role as CCFC CEO sponsors the SCG (I take that to mean he ensures things like room hire etc are paid for by the club but it isn't clear what sponsors means). As I understand it Mr Fisher agreed the terms of reference with the SCG - the general rules under which the SCG operates, that state the number of members, the aims and right of appointing new members

Taken from the published minutes the recent attendees of the SCG are

Club
Tim Fisher (director OEG)
Mark Labovitch (director OEG)
Nick Connoll (CCFC media/website? )
Tynan Scope (commercial manager CCFC)
Lee Corden (Advent Communications/CCFC program)
Jim Brown (official Club statistician)

other
Jonathan Strange (ex of London Supporters Club now representing long distance supporters) Chairman
Peter Ward Vice Chairman
Elaine Ward minute secretary
The Sky Blue Trust ( 2 from Steve Brown, Jan Mokrzycki (and represents Polish CCFC fans), Moz Baker)
Ian Davidson (CCFC London Supporters Club/Sky Blue international)
CovSupportNews (either Steve Barnett and/or Kev Monks)
Ray Stephens (Diamond Club)
Pat Raybould (Junior Sky Blues)
Kevin Heffernan (Coventry City Supporters Irish Branch/Vice Presidents)
Pat Abel (Tickets for Schools)
Darren Davies (originally Block 15 (if I have that wrong I apologise) and "no one likes us,we don't care")
Andy Powell (25-35 demographic)
Chris McGrath (?)
Mark Sorbie (?) (*edit represents disabled supporters)
Ian Barnes (?)

Terms of reference say there are up to 15 members, new members being invited on the voluntary resignation of others

The purpose of the group is stated as

to act as a channel of communication and consultation between the Club and its supporters
to continually improve the overall emotion that is experienced as a supporter of Coventry City Football Club through collaborative discussion and exchange of ideas
to promote the Club’s engagement in the local and regional community
to seek ways to continually improve match day experience, including increasing attendance and enhancing stadium atmosphere
to continually improve the image of the Club and the sense of pride in supporting Coventry City Football Club

my own thoughts & questions on it.......
As I have said elsewhere if they are there representing no one but themselves then fair enough but say so. However if they claim to represent a particular group or type of fan how when and what is the means of communication to that fan group they claim input for? because without such communication then at best they represent only their own views for that fan grouping at worst it is just a meaningless title for self justification. Also there are other supporters clubs listed on the club website why are they not involved? Who represents the disabled fans?(*see above - Mark Sorbie)

Can it be a group that unites the fans? - I seriously doubt it because the last three meetings have been divisive not inclusive. Perhaps they will prove that wrong. Looking at the aims I am not sure how any of it is being achieved

Having researched all that then I still do not feel that I am particularly well represented by the SCG. Nor have I seen any achievements by the SCG as a body (yes individuals and groups in it have achieved eg Pat Raybould for the JSB's but that is not the SCG). I do not perceive them as an independent group even if they are, just because the CEO sponsors it does not mean everything has to be channelled through the club eg get own website. I am uncomfortable with the majority of time spent in berating or doubting its own members because the last thing we need now is more division. I do not doubt the good intentions of any of its members and I am grateful for the time they all put in but it just appears superficial to me. Just my opinions, happy to be proven wrong and no insult or slight intended.

Excellent information OSB

"Jonathan Strange (ex of London Supporters Club now representing long distance supporters) Chairman

Mark Sorbie (?) (*edit represents disabled supporters)"

These people (named above) do not represent me - I've never been canvassed by either of these people. Has anyone been asked if these 2 represent those they claim to represent? When were elections held?

"The Sky Blue Trust ( 2 from Steve Brown, Jan Mokrzycki (and represents Polish CCFC fans), Moz Baker)"

This group (SBT) DOES represent me as I am a member and am kept informed and I am also asked for my views, as needed. However, like others I am concerned at their apparent voting for the SBT to apologise, according to that last diatribe ............... sorry, minutes of the SCG. I would welcome an explanation of this. Are the minutes correct? If not, I think if they are not suitably corrected when asked for confirmation of accuracy at the next meeting, legal advice should be sought.

Nick

Administrator
It obviously isn't the case though, is it Nick?

Look at the interest in Kingharvest's posts and it's perfectly clear that a lot of people have been following what's said at the SCG from afar.

Be honest Nick - you're not overly keen on the Trust, and on that basis you don't really care if they get a kicking from the SCG or the club. You're entitled to that opinion, but don't let's pretend that everyone feels the same.

I don't want people to get a kicking unfairly and have put that in all of my posts, if they have done nothing wrong then of course it is unwarranted.

shmmeee

C'mon G I've posted the Trut aims on here in response to your posts many times. They are commited to gain fan representation within the clubs ownership structure. You know that, but if ou admitted you knew that you couldn't go on an on about Haskell because you'd admit that you know exactly why the trust favoured his bid (promise of fan representation).

Also, I ONLY know about the SCG because of here.

Nick

Administrator
So: guilty until proven innocent then?

More like saying I don't know if they have done anything wrong or not so therefore don't know if it is warranted. Even if guilty I think the club / scg are still going about things the wrong way, if not then of course totally out of order.

shmmeee

More like saying I don't know if they have done anything wrong or not so therefore don't know if it is warranted. Even if guilty I think the club / scg are still going about things the wrong way, if not then of course totally out of order.

Firstly: guilty of what exactly? I mean no actual specific allegations have been made.

Secondly: I agree. If only we had some form of representative group that could put this across to the club. Some kind of fans group. Fancy setting up the SBT Trust? Would make the meeting minutes far harder to understand if nothing else.

Nick

Administrator
Firstly: guilty of what exactly? I mean no actual specific allegations have been made.

Secondly: I agree. If only we had some form of representative group that could put this across to the club. Some kind of fans group. Fancy setting up the SBT Trust? Would make the meeting minutes far harder to understand if nothing else.

With the whole "planning with ACL" stuff but like you say, they haven't come out and said "we think x did x"

Users who are viewing this thread