The Sunday League Football Thread (1 Viewer)

procdoc

Do you play Sunday league football? Are you involved with club in another capacity? Interested in posting results, match reports, transfer news? I'll start us off. I'm currently chairman of Bedworth Liberal FC, we have a first team and a reserve team. We play in the nuneaton and district league, firsts in premier one and the res in division three. Our most notable summer signing was former sky blues striker Patrick Suffo who made his debut as a half time sub in friendly win over the crew. Both teams have won their first games 2-1 in cup ties

05rengla

Im currently play for Warwick Junuors Youths side in the john bryan league, however will be looking for a new team next year as will be playing mens football :S

thought this thread was about a skyblue talk football team being created :)

Dan Griffin

Im currently play for Warwick Junuors Youths side in the john bryan league, however will be looking for a new team next year as will be playing mens football :S

thought this thread was about a skyblue talk football team being created :)

I play for the under 16 Warwick juniors in the C league

procdoc

First league games today for both of our teams, both home games at Nicholas Chamberlaine School. We've pretty much got a full squad to choose from so we're hoping for a positive start

ccfctommy

I heard about Patrick Suffo playing for a Sunday side in Bedworth. Wonder what he was like. Bizarre!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Used to play pub sunday league as a younger skinnier lad, Played against The Black Prince from Tile Hill I was only 16 playin up front against this Monster I got the ball megged him and hit a shot Just wide second time I got the ball he went in 2 footed and Lifted me about 3 foot in the air. I never tried meggin him again scored a goal though

Sky_Blue_Daz

Went to watch my nephew play against Barwell for Rugby Town reserves Yesterday they won 3-0. Seen Gavin Strachan their he seems a nice fella

procdoc

Bedworth Liberal FC 4-1 FC Atack
A good, solid performance was served up by our first team, always looking comfortable and assured. We opened the scoring early on, Ryan Smith's goal-bound effort deflecting off our forward Ben Siniscalco before nestling in the net. Smith claimed the goal, much to the chargrin of Siniscalco. It wasn't long before a rare Atack attack was rewarded by a dubious free kick just outside the box. Their player smashing it in to equalise. Soon after Siniscalco restored the lead with a neat finish. It was 3-1 just before half time, right back Dave Stringer netting a rare goal.
After the break we saw a contender for goal of the season. Midfield maestro Patrick Suffo picked the ball up in his own half, side-stepped a couple of challenges before chipping the 'keeper from 45 yards. The fact that he called it before it happened made it all the more sweeter!
LIBS: GK Paul Evans, RB Dave Stringer, LB Dave Sellers, CB Ryan Smith, CB Kevin Crockwell, DMC Mark Harding, MC Patrick Suffo, MC Scott Harding, AMR Glen Stringer, AML Ben Siniscalco, FW Scott Jurkiewicz
SUBS: Neil Randle, Mark Robinson, Simon Short, Gavin Harding

Bedworth Liberal FC Reserves 5-1 Coton Liberal
The scoreline may look emphatic but truth be told it was never a game that merited such a result. We stared the first 20 minutes brightly and deservedly took the lead, Matt Stanley picking out an unmarked Andy Sinclair at the far post to nod home. After that goal we went to sleep and gifted the opposition far too much possession. We rode our luck and managed to get to half-time with our lead intact.
We had to make a substitution at half-time, our stand-in 'keeper Steven Brady going off injured and our centre half Adam Green replacing him in the sticks. We began the second half just as poorly as we ended the first and they deservedly equalised thanks to some sloppy defending on our part. That goal seemed to wake us up. We started getting on the ball more and looked dangerous on the attack. We changed our shape slightly, reverting to 4-4-2 and it worked well. Jamie Harvey found some space on the right flank and whipped in a beauty into 'area of uncertainty', Carl Lucid applying the finish. Not long after Karl Lewis made the most of some poor defending to make it 3-1. The goals were now coming thick and fast, Lucid netted his third of the season with a simple finish before Lewis got his second with a stunning 25 yarder
LIBS RES: GK Steven Brady, RB Adam Eales, LB Ben Davis, CB Kevin Turvey, CB Adam Green, DMC Matt Stanley, MC Dean Reeves, MC Jamie Harvey, AMR Karl Lewis, AML Andy Sinclair, FW Carl Lucid
SUBS: Russ Brown, Mitch Randle, Shaun Mosey

procdoc

Our next fixtures are both cup semi finals, libs first team are at home to Ambleside AFC and the reserves away to Grendon Black Swan Reserves. Both games are this Wednesday

AlexJohnson93

Me and some firends created a new team for this season. We play in the Cov & Central Warks Sunday League, senior division. First game of the season we lost 4-2 to Cov. Saracens, and one of our players was headbutted after the final whistle.

procdoc

Me and some firends created a new team for this season. We play in the Cov & Central Warks Sunday League, senior division. First game of the season we lost 4-2 to Cov. Saracens, and one of our players was headbutted after the final whistle.
sounds like a friendly bunch of lads you played against! have you got a game Sunday? I'd be interested in reading a match report

NuneatonSkyBlue

I play LB for Wentworth Wanderers in the Nuneaton & District Sunday League. The 1st team (which i play for) is in premier two and the reserves are in division 4.

We won our cup game, the week before last, 3-2 against the bedworth conservatives. We have the semi-finals tomorrow night. We got a bit of a battering last week in our first league game, losing 6-2 to the prince.

NuneatonSkyBlue

Haha my pleasure, tbh it was a shocking performance by us though. We were 2-0 up after 20 minutes and then let them back into it. Then is was 2-2 throughout the 2nd half and we managed to nick it at the end.

Dan Griffin

Top of the under 16's C league 12 points 5 games 4 wins 1 loss (with 10 men) scored 2 goals 1 assist (turned out to have set up the winning goal to go top:D)

Marty

use to play all the time, not so much now, played against a current international striker once, but it was for one of those countries that have like 10,000 people, he was pritty shite though. ;)

kdrinkell

I used to play on a satday and sunday morning,nowadays I take my youngest to Brinklow under 8's on a Satday morning and the eldest ( hes 16 ) to Brinklow Reserves in the afternoon and on a Sunday he captains the youth side,I really am jealous of them :(
I heard about Suffo joining the Libs,a chap whos on the maintenance has a team with Marcus Hall in it,good to see ex-city players in the local leagues

Nick

Administrator
use to play all the time, not so much now, played against a current international striker once, but it was for one of those countries that have like 10,000 people, he was pritty shite though. ;)

Who? :) share!

The Reverend Skyblue

my only claim to fame is that in my late teens i played in same side as Gordon Ramsey. Any Cov fans from Banbury know that he learnt to cook at Banbury Technical College, after he came down after finishing with Rangers.He played with me in the Ruscote Sports team for a season before he fled for pastures new.Really good left back and strong as an ox and would run through a brick wall but a nice lad back then.I really fuck my family off as every time he comes on i say i played football with him, and talk like he's a really good mate, theres is absolutely no chance he'll remember me.
Later on played against Mark Lawrenson at senoir level and Kevin Brock and Gary Mills and a good mate Richard Pratley who played for Shrewsbury at under 16 level but apart from that my footballing career disappeared in a drunken mist.
Back then my favorite sport was cricket but i was crap at that to.

The Rev

Last edited:

AlexJohnson93

Things haven't gone too well for us. Despite playing some of the best football in the league we are rooted to the bottom of the table. This is mainly due to the fact that we have a poor defence (which i am a part of) and that we always lose our tempo after half time. It beggars belief how we come in to half time 2-1 up and then concede we in 5 minutes after the break.

Users who are viewing this thread