"The strikers aren't good enough" (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

Just had a look at the league table this time last year, and noticed something interesting

After 20 games played 22-23, goals scored = 21
After 20 games played 23-24, goals scored = 26

Statistically we're better this season that last going forward. So are we blaming the wrong end of the pitch?

Evo1883

Just had a look at the league table this time last year, and noticed something interesting

Statistically we're better this season that last going forward. So are we blaming the wrong end of the pitch?

Not sure because there are only 4 teams with better defences than ours this season, we've missed a large amount of clear cut chances

Flying Fokker

Good stats. Own goal is chipping in this season…

The defence last season were immense. Loans. Wilson would not have as many clean sheets this season. However, we are now starting to look like a decent side. Not forgetting that the midfield has only just started as a unit. IMO we are on the cusp of a purple patch. Hold on, Southampton, Leeds, Swansea, Leicester and Sunderland are all better than us on paper. Here we go, 9 points minimum from the next 5 games.

Boicey

If you are talking about strikers you need to look specifically at the Wright, Simms and Godden goal stats.

bigfatronssba

If you are talking about strikers you need to look specifically at the Wright, Simms and Godden goal stats.

Who have scored most of them goals. Until last night those three were the only ones who had scored more than one goal

Esoterica

I think the current trend in formations, which are essentially watered down versions of whatever Pep is doing, are leading to very open games. No stats to back it up but I’d bet goals scored are up and clean sheets are down in this league, compared to the previous couple of seasons.

Fysnkysc

I think they all have ability, simms has more ability than Wright in front of goal you can see it the way he strikes the ball he looks comfortable, he just lacks running snd confidence at the moment,

Wright looks good with the ball finds himself in some great positions his finishing however is extremely poor and his strength god he needs the gym.

shmmeee

I don’t think it’s a coincide out form has improved as our defence has tighten up TBH. Robins way is always keep it tight and nick a goal, we’re never set up to score loads.

bigfatronssba

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I don’t think it’s a coincide out form has improved as our defence has tighten up TBH. Robins way is always keep it tight and nick a goal, we’re never set up to score loads.
And that style of play is always going to show up strikers that dont take enough of their chances (Wright and Simms so far have not been clinical enough). I really hope we see a big improvement from the pair of them as they get a run of games as its surely going to screw us vs the better teams if they carry on spurning chances like they have been.

bigfatronssba

We’ve reached that point have we.
Have a good day mate.
Apart from that bizarre one against Watford, all the own goals for us have come about from us pressing the opposition

Users who are viewing this thread