The sopranos (again) (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Nope, that's only if you haven't seen The Secret Diary of a Call Girl.

I bet you have an Emmanuel Box Set as well for when the wife goes to sleep.

tommydazzle

Never seen Game of Thrones - can't get past the idea of dragons in it. Are they talking dragons? Seems a bit bonkers.

Nick

Administrator
Never seen Game of Thrones - can't get past the idea of dragons in it. Are they talking dragons? Seems a bit bonkers.

I thought the same, but then loved it after watching a few of them.

You should also probably look past the bloke who can close his eyes and see things from the past.

Mr Panda

It's weird with GOT because the first season didn't really feel like a fantasy to me and thats why I fell in love with it.

I watched it when it first aired so no one was really discussing it or had knowledge of the books so I was a little disappointed when dragons turned up in S1Ep10. It's still a good series with the fantasy element but I do think it went downhill as they turned attention away to the non human element, that and splitting Varys and Littlefinger up who provided great dialogue.

Nick

Administrator
It's weird with GOT because the first season didn't really feel like a fantasy to me and thats why I fell in love with it.

I watched it when it first aired so no one was really discussing it or had knowledge of the books so I was a little disappointed when dragons turned up in S1Ep10. It's still a good series with the fantasy element but I do think it went downhill as they turned attention away to the non human element, that and splitting Varys and Littlefinger up who provided great dialogue.

And it stopped showing a man doing his sister every time they were alone? That side of it dried up a bit as well.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Micheal Gandolfini (James son) has been cast to play Tony in the upcoming sopranos sequel

Otis

Yes, talking dragons.

Luckily it's all in Northern accent though, so they get away with it.

Do you also struggle with animation because it's not real? ;)

tommydazzle

No, but animation is too much of an emotional rollercoaster and Bambi, Dumbo and Up make me blub like a big kid. I suppose animation is not pretending to be something that it isn't (not sure that even makes sense!) Damn you and your sensible questions.

Must have got the wrong end of the stick with GoT, didn't realise it was fantasy which I'm not keen on and surely the dragons should have Welsh accents. Amazes me how many adults are into comic book heroes, Harry Potter, Bored of the Rings etc. Loved Marvel comics as a kid but I'm grown up now.

Mr Panda

Micheal Gandolfini (James son) has been cast to play Tony in the upcoming sopranos sequel

Yeah I don't get that. Tony Soprano was born in 1959, the sequal film is set in the 60s I'm lead to believe but Michael Gandolfini is 19 in real life?

Otis

No, but animation is too much of an emotional rollercoaster and Bambi, Dumbo and Up make me blub like a big kid. I suppose animation is not pretending to be something that it isn't (not sure that even makes sense!) Damn you and your sensible questions.

Must have got the wrong end of the stick with GoT, didn't realise it was fantasy which I'm not keen on and surely the dragons should have Welsh accents. Amazes me how many adults are into comic book heroes, Harry Potter, Bored of the Rings etc. Loved Marvel comics as a kid but I'm grown up now.
The fantasy elements of GOT only take up a small portion of the storyline. Must confess, I'm not that keen on that part of it either, other than that the witch keeps getting naked and shaking her boobies about a bit.

Reactions: vow

covcity4life

the ending of s1 ep10 is probably the best moment in GOT history for me. i just assumed no budget for dragons and they just be a reference to the past

vow

Everyone keeps telling me to give it a go. But not really in to fantasy or sci fi.
I was reluctant to start watching GoT, like yourself not into fantasy TV/Movies and also thought nothing could top The Soprano's either.

Yeah there are Dragons, but not like Never Ending Story dragons or that type of flakey fantasy shit. It's pretty hardcore in parts, great characters, storylines, deceit etc.
I'm glad I did start watching it as it has also filled a gap from The Soprano's and Breaking Bad, it's quality TV, highly recommended!

Sky_Blue_Daz

the ending of s1 ep10 is probably the best moment in GOT history for me. i just assumed no budget for dragons and they just be a reference to the past
My favourite part of GOT is in the last series when the dragons take out the Lannister’s army although my favourite episode is Blackwater

But The soparanos is still better

covcity4life

My favourite part of GOT is in the last series when the dragons take out the Lannister’s army although my favourite episode is Blackwater

But The soparanos is still better
Lobed thensopranos but GOT is better for me. But then i love fantasy

Dc titans on netflix my fav show of year so far

Vikings is ace too

clint van damme

Lobed thensopranos but GOT is better for me. But then i love fantasy

Dc titans on netflix my fav show of year so far

Vikings is ace too

Currently making my way slowly through Vikings.
It's good though not as good as it was hyped up to be by some of my mates but there's always a chance of that when you're late getting into a show.
Another binge watchable program that's not been mentioned is love/hate.
About a drug gang in Ireland.
I rate it highly, Peter Coonan is fantastic in it

Sky_Blue_Daz

Currently making my way slowly through Vikings.
It's good though not as good as it was hyped up to be by some of my mates but there's always a chance of that when you're late getting into a show.
Another binge watchable program that's not been mentioned is love/hate.
About a drug gang in Ireland.
I rate it highly, Peter Coonan is fantastic in it
Absolutely brilliant series , Fran is brilliant

How far into it are you ?

Coola boola

Users who are viewing this thread