The size of our squad... (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

In the average season most teams lose a few players to injury and gain a few back. But given we are hardly setting the world on fire then I really do worry about the size of the squad. Let's say we lost Baker, Mcdonald and Mcsheffrey to injury for the rest of the season, then would we cope?

Wallace

I agree the squad is too small, but what is the solution?

Most say sign or get loans, but what happens if they get injured? Life is about risk and unfortunately we don't have any other answers. We have to make do with what we've got. As I put another thread we are possibly going to bring someone in before the weekend but we never know. The only REAL way we can sign players is if we had bigger cowds but when people don't want to go they can't expect owners to part with their money. It's a catch22.

OyJimmy

Loans worry me because the quality is usually not upto much. Not saying I have the solution just think this might be our undoing.

Nick

Administrator
I agree the squad is too small, but what is the solution?

Most say sign or get loans, but what happens if they get injured? Life is about risk and unfortunately we don't have any other answers. We have to make do with what we've got. As I put another thread we are possibly going to bring someone in before the weekend but we never know. The only REAL way we can sign players is if we had bigger cowds but when people don't want to go they can't expect owners to part with their money. It's a catch22.

And the owners cant expect fans to part when they wont invest...

Nick

Administrator
Well cyber fasns always go on about everything anyway. Thereis no pleasing them.

So you went to an away game, want a medal? Get over it, you dont know people on here or how they support the club, dont be so quick to judge!

georgehudson

Q. is the size and quality of our squad an issue ?
err YES
Q. are the resources made available for CCFC to progress ?
err NO
Q. are our owners exhibiting any modicum of reality to our plight ?
err NO
Q. do we have an excellent youth system ?
YES
Q. is that recognised or appreciated by our owners ?
err NO, only if it means there's a short term profit in it
Q. how many people live within a 20 mile radius of the stadium ?
oh about 1.8 million
Q. does that suggest anything ?
oh yeah potential
Q. will the current manager be allowed to strengthen the squad ?
err NO
Q. is this the right way for a football club to operate ?
i'm sorry but you cannot get away from the fact that it would appear that we are being run by a parsimonious outfit whose myopic view is only to suit their own ends,
i don't want it to be an attack on our owners,
but, for goodness sake !
wake up & sniff the caffeine

Users who are viewing this thread