The shushing Shipley (1 Viewer)

Feb57

I am continually amazed at how some of the people on this site seem to delight in pulling our players to pieces. Shipley may not be a world beater, but he has done more than the vast majority of posters on this site will ever do with respect to having a career in football. it takes time to adapt to the different levels of the game. The top players make it seem effortless but the majority have to work at it. That does not mean running around the pitch like an idiot for 90 minutes but learning their craft and improving all the time. This was his first season at this level and yes he still has a lot to learn. After all, if he was a "James Maddison" he would not be at Coventry City. The manager picks the team with advice from his coaching staff, who see these guys train and play day in day out. The beauty of this game is we can all have our opinions, we can voice them but at the end of the day its down to the manager who he picks. If Robbins et al decide Shipley is in the team, I for one will back him.
Unlike some of our fans who want to boo and berate him. An example being a guy who sat in front of me at Birmingham in our promotion season who continually moaned about him and when he scored did not celebrate with the rest of us but covered his ears so he cold not hear the announcement. Unbelievable! At the end of the day as the umpire said to the batsmen when the batsmen said "I was not out Umps". The umpire replied "I think you will find when you look in the score book later, you were out". Shipley may not be your cup of tea, but tomorrow and the day after he will still be a professional footballer and you, whoever you are reading this, probably wont. I wish the lad all the best, be he playing for Coventry City or any other team.

Brighton Sky Blue

I am continually amazed at how some of the people on this site seem to delight in pulling our players to pieces. Shipley may not be a world beater, but he has done more than the vast majority of posters on this site will ever do with respect to having a career in football. it takes time to adapt to the different levels of the game. The top players make it seem effortless but the majority have to work at it. That does not mean running around the pitch like an idiot for 90 minutes but learning their craft and improving all the time. This was his first season at this level and yes he still has a lot to learn. After all, if he was a "James Maddison" he would not be at Coventry City. The manager picks the team with advice from his coaching staff, who see these guys train and play day in day out. The beauty of this game is we can all have our opinions, we can voice them but at the end of the day its down to the manager who he picks. If Robbins et al decide Shipley is in the team, I for one will back him.
Unlike some of our fans who want to boo and berate him. An example being a guy who sat in front of me at Birmingham in our promotion season who continually moaned about him and when he scored did not celebrate with the rest of us but covered his ears so he cold not hear the announcement. Unbelievable! At the end of the day as the umpire said to the batsmen when the batsmen said "I was not out Umps". The umpire replied "I think you will find when you look in the score book later, you were out". Shipley may not be your cup of tea, but tomorrow and the day after he will still be a professional footballer and you, whoever you are reading this, probably wont. I wish the lad all the best, be he playing for Coventry City or any other team.

Rewatch his efforts away at PNE.

Grendel

To be fair I’ve never criticised him and as I’ve said he’s a player a manager will like such as Paul Telfer but he’s never going to be as popular as someone like Biamou or Bigi as the perception is the reality

The worst thing you can say about a player is he doesn’t work hard - he clearly works very hard to improve his game but the BigI, Flynn, biamous of this world Will always be better thought of by fans of this club

All clubs need a Telfer and Shipley is ours. I don’t think he will cope with the demands of this league but people said that about him in league 1

He is the most vilified player on here no question

letsallsingtogether

So we had walker who was utterly atrocious today and completely ignored, yet we have yet another thread about the guy who scored. Might not be good enough, that's an opinion but it really is like Groundhog Day.

The bias on this board at times with opinions that are based not on performance but preconceived hatred.
And that's why I take little notice of these so called know alls.

Liquid Gold

I'd send him out on loan to a top league 1 team next year to see if he can improve and affect games more consistently. If he can't then we release him if he can then he gets a two year deal here to see if he can do it in the championship.

He's 24 this coming season though, I'd want to see him developing in certain areas, particularly his aggression, or I fear it'll never come.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Am I the only one who gets an image of industrial/Victorian engineering when I read this thread title? Along with stuff like the Spinning Jenny and the Flying Shuttle we have the Shushing Shipley.

twistandshout

I personally like Shipley and he does love playing for CCFC.
He has a sweet left foot and I just wish Ohare had his goalscoring attributes.
However even in League One he was spent on 70 mins and players generally get fitter the higher up the football pyramid you go.
Robins has regulary said he brings Shipley on for energy and this season he hasnt been fit enough, unfortunately if he cant improve his fitness I think he will have found his level at League One and the Championship is a step too far.
Although I hope he proves me wrong here with City.

cc84cov

I personally like Shipley and he does love playing for CCFC.
He has a sweet left foot and I just wish Ohare had his goalscoring attributes.
However even in League One he was spent on 70 mins and players generally get fitter the higher up the football pyramid you go.
Robins has regulary said he brings Shipley on for energy and this season he hasnt been fit enough, unfortunately if he cant improve his fitness I think he will have found his level at League One and the Championship is a step too far.
Although I hope he proves me wrong here with City.
The words Shipley & energy just do not go hes not even close to this level thanks and goodbye,the shushing was embarrassing

Torquay Sky Blue

He hides. His confidence at this level must be shattered as he's clearly not up to it. I imagine he winced at halftime when Robin's called him out.
The shushing has done him no favours

Langers70

I like the guy and think hes a decent player when hes on it.Whatever the reasons are for his performances this season...i hope he bounces back for us next season,who knows what playing in front of crowds again will do for him.Come on Jordan💙

Users who are viewing this thread