The shushing Shipley (1 Viewer)

Tommo1993

I really do think he’s got it in his locker to be good enough at this level.

Allez allez allez

Hobo

I think he has suffered more than most from Covid break in training. I would like to see him with a proper pre seasons training under his belt. Could be useful squad player and wouldn't mind giving him another year.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

You're right he's a striker who cost us £1m and scored 1 in 5 but is seen as the messiah

Really? I don't think so. I think he can be a good finisher but without that far too often games pass him by. You couldn't play him on his own up front.

Grendel had an argument about the adoration of Biamou while people castigated Walker, so it appears he is both a messiah and hate figure.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

With Shipley I've got a feeling he's not a 'natural' athlete insofar as he looks knackered very quickly. Plus he seems to lose condition when not playing regularly. Could be a blood oxygen/red blood cell thing that is fine for the average person but far from ideal for elite sport. Plus I believe he has asthma which won't help and with Covid around those things aren't going to help.

larry_david

I started this thread, I remember when he signed a new deal last summer I was buzzing. I thought he could step up, tactically, physically, talent wise he can. It's his mental side I think. Bottling tackles, passing back constantly, never taking a forward approach. This is the biggest pre season of his career.

Adge

With Shipley I've got a feeling he's not a 'natural' athlete insofar as he looks knackered very quickly. Plus he seems to lose condition when not playing regularly. Could be a blood oxygen/red blood cell thing that is fine for the average person but far from ideal for elite sport. Plus I believe he has asthma which won't help and with Covid around those things aren't going to help.
Not really-just too much boozing.

Skyblue_CP

Out of Shipley, Baka, Allen, Jobello, Kastaneer, I’d keep Shipley in a heartbeat and kick out the actual deadwood.
This is partly the point - Allen is alot more productive than Shipley, but as always its alright to call out some players but not others. Baka has recieved much more stick than Shipley but atleast he pays no attention to it, and doesnt give it the big one when he gets his 1 goal in a season.

HerneBayGaz

The faux outrage at Shipley's goal celebration is hilarious considering the dog's abuse he's received on here. So many delicate hypocritical souls who are happy to dish it out without being able to take a pretty tame response. It wasn't as if he got his dick out and said suck on this :)

He maybe was going to get his dick out. But realised his mum watching the game.

rob9872

this isn't the first time that's been mentioned, is it true or just a rumour?
Gets mentioned on here and taken as fact after a tongue in cheek interview quote from Ben Wilson. He very rarely drinks, certainly not near games and never pints, but it's another stick to beat him with so often gets regurgitated on here.

Tommo1993

This is partly the point - Allen is alot more productive than Shipley, but as always its alright to call out some players but not others. Baka has recieved much more stick than Shipley but atleast he pays no attention to it, and doesnt give it the big one when he gets his 1 goal in a season.

The point entirely is Shipley at his best offers more than the listed names.

Adge

Gets mentioned on here and taken as fact after a tongue in cheek interview quote from Ben Wilson. He very rarely drinks, certainly not near games and never pints, but it's another stick to beat him with so often gets regurgitated on here.
Mmmm-if only you knew.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

mate, I can cane it all weekend and still pull off a Cruyffesque performance at 5 a side on a Monday.

I stand corrected!

In seriousness though it's hardly the same level is it? Plus I used to be able to play 5-a-side running about all day but 10 mins and 1 sprint into 11-a-side I was fucked.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don't care about his celebration, and I'm happy for him that he scored, but he should be nowhere near the team next season.

Wish him all the best, but we cannot carry players like him. A lot of his performances this season have been pathetic, which is a shame because it tints the view on how much he helped us in previous seasons.

Hopefully he can get a decent league 1 club.

rexo87

He is a good player in a bit of space. Can see a pass and has a great strike on him. Problem is in this league you probably get about 2 games a season where you’re attacking midfielder gets any sort of space. Not got it mentally or physically to make it at this level unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pipkin73

I like Shipley and i think he loves the club. The only game i've missed this season was the Huddersfield one (well mised the first 45 mins and hung over watching the other 45 (friend payed for a night out (got his first Covid payment after 14 months)) and i don't remember getting home lol).
Shippers can score goals for us but seems to tire easily, but from what i remember MR said, tells him to give his all as he will take him off after 60 mins (does a lot off the ball us mere mortals don't see). I can't see MR keeping or using a player that wont try, is lazy etc, so i think it's more deep rooted than that. Sort out his energy levels and i think he could be a great player for us, if they stay sadly low then i think he will have an average league 1 career.
MR does keep picking him though so i think they think they can sort it, this season won't have helped with all the Covid restrictions etc...
Shippers needs a big season for us next season or his contract won't be renewed, he will know that more than anyone.
This season is over now, so give the guy a break and let's just see how he comes back next season as unless someone offers us silly money i can't see him going anywhere, we have enough players to replace and improve on, without getting rid of him.
4 loan palyers before we even think about improving the players we have.

D

Deleted member 11652

Who cares about celebrations and how much they drink? Score goals and play well and it’s all irrelevant

Users who are viewing this thread