The shushing Shipley (1 Viewer)

Garryb80

By bringing him on yesterday, it doesn't look like Robins has given up on him. The substitution changed the game too, we looked much better all around in that second half. Did Shipley have no part in that?
In 1 game across a whole season he made an average impact. Let's offer him a 10 year deal

Terry Gibson's perm

Not correct - Rob is just a City fan, and gives me a lift to games on a regular basis. Clearly Shippers hasn't had a good season and has flaws in his game which need to improve, We can't affect what will happen next season re: recruitment but I'm another who doesn't like to have a continuous pop at players whilst they are with us. That said, Jordan will have to improve his performances to get regular game time - but he will know that, too.

Do you think he can improve those flaws in his game?

Skyblue_CP

The faux outrage at Shipley's goal celebration is hilarious considering the dog's abuse he's received on here. So many delicate hypocritical souls who are happy to dish it out without being able to take a pretty tame response. It wasn't as if he got his dick out and said suck on this :)
If he was professional, he wouldn't even be looking and reacting to a fans forum from a load of supporters sat in their armchairs with a beer during a match, giving their opinion on the players they've payed thousands of their hard earned money in "normal" jobs to watch every week.

Tommo1993

The faux outrage at Shipley's goal celebration is hilarious considering the dog's abuse he's received on here. So many delicate hypocritical souls who are happy to dish it out without being able to take a pretty tame response. It wasn't as if he got his dick out and said suck on this :)

Imagine if he left and did an Adebayor on us. VERY ANGRY TYPING
giphy.gif

Sky Blue Pete

It’s his physicality that had surprised me for a young guy. His shooting is his best attribute and always will be but if he isn’t willing to run about then I can’t see him playing for us next year

The Philosopher

Jordan Shipley has a gift of a left foot. There are many players out there that depend on effort and determination to succeed and don’t have a natural talent.

That there is the issue. We all know that the lad could be absolutely brilliant and on his day shows flashes of real quality. He’s also young enough to turn it around.

How many other midfielders do we have that could genuinely stroke the ball like Shipley?

He’s looked a little out of shape this year and has lost a bit of movement.

Someone needs to take him aside and give him a bit of mentoring.

Or, a week of 10 hour shifts on a building site to see the real world, a boot camp and a kick in the a***

Sky Blue Pete

Jordan Shipley has a gift of a left foot. There are many players out there that depend on effort and determination to succeed and don’t have a natural talent.

That there is the issue. We all know that the lad could be absolutely brilliant and on his day shows flashes of real quality. He’s also young enough to turn it around.

How many other midfielders do we have that could genuinely stroke the ball like Shipley?

He’s looked a little out of shape this year and has lost a bit of movement.

Someone needs to take him aside and give him a bit of mentoring.

Or, a week of 10 hour shifts on a building site to see the real world, a boot camp and a kick in the a***
I can’t help think it’s Covid complications

Fergusons_Beard

Really interesting that criticism of Shipley this season is perceived as ‘personal’ because somehow the majority on here hate him!

Everyone loved him in League 2 and loved him in League One.

Football is fickle-Shipley’s past performances mean fuck all if his recent form in the Championship has been patchy at best and dog shit at worse.

Most of us are willing him to play better-there’s no inherent hatred of Shipley-probably quite the opposite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sky Blue Harry H

Do you think he can improve those flaws in his game?

All players can improve their fitness, so that bit - yes. The obvious other flaw is the ;ratting' side of his game. Paul Scholes was notoriously poor at tackling, but still made them. For me Shippers needs to be first to the ball more often, or at least making contact with the opponent more often with the 50/50s, 40/60s, 60/40s. He loses too many of those at the moment. It is that area of the game that if he doesn't improve will hamper his career. It would be a shame if he didn't improve that area, as he is a very clever link up player with a great left foot.

Sky Blue Pete

Really interesting that criticism of Shipley this season is perceived as ‘personal’ because somehow the majority on here hate him!

Everyone loved him in League 2 and loved him in League One.

Football is fickle-Shipley’s past performances mean fuck all if his recent form in the Championship has been patchy at best and dog shit at worse.

Most of us are willing him to play better-there’s no inherent hatred of Shipley-probably quite the opposite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Some abuse at the games was horrid last year at shipley

fatso

So he scored a goal, and gave it the big one, so what, he will probably be on the bench for a league 1 outfit next year.
I wish him well, thank him for what he's helped us achieve here, (he certainly played his part) but the reality is, he's unlikely to get much game time from now on.
We have better players able to start, and I'm sure 1 or 2 new faces will arrive, and the likes of Eccles coming through.

Sky Blue Harry H

Away at a game can’t remember which

We only lost at Shrewsbury (Shipper scored) and Rotherham. I went to Shrewsbury, but not Rotherham. Went to the majority of away games, and don't remember much abuse - that said, you only have to be sat next to a couple of 'wrong 'uns' and you'll hear it about a lot of players.

Evo1883

Personally ... I didn't see too much wrong with his performance yesterday and was pretty much in line with the rest of the players around him mostly .

He's had a rough season overall though

hill83

They should come out and say it , see how well it goes down

I'm sure the fans would be more than happy to keep their money in their pocket if all the players think they are bellends .

Wages might suddenly become an issue though

Long story short ... they dont think that

They might think some fans are , which they are

As if they would come out and say it. Do you really believe the platitudes they spout about about the fans? "I love it here" "the fans are another level" then off they pop to another team because it's a career. They don't give a fuck, I don't expect them to, I wouldn't either.

Maybe bellends was a bit far, but the point stands.

Evo1883

As if they would come out and say it. Do you really believe the platitudes they spout about about the fans? "I love it here etc" then off they pop to another team because it's a career. They don't give a fuck, I don't expect them to, I wouldn't either.

I think most players really get on with fans in general .

Premier league maybe different but there's less fan engagement and all they see is social media abuse

I can see why for example Kevin Kyle didn't like city fans , and I could see why Shipley might also hold that view for a section of supporters .

I sat outside cannon Park having a coffee with dabo before the pandemic , I doubt when I walked away he went ...what a bellend

Just a general chit chat hardly even talked about city

Terry Gibson's perm

All players can improve their fitness, so that bit - yes. The obvious other flaw is the ;ratting' side of his game. Paul Scholes was notoriously poor at tackling, but still made them. For me Shippers needs to be first to the ball more often, or at least making contact with the opponent more often with the 50/50s, 40/60s, 60/40s. He loses too many of those at the moment. It is that area of the game that if he doesn't improve will hamper his career. It would be a shame if he didn't improve that area, as he is a very clever link up player with a great left foot.

I don’t believe his fitness will improve as it never has since he has been in the squad, the tackling bit is a difficult one to change. I always thought he would end up as a left back and can still see that happening in a back four.

hill83

I think most players really get on with fans in general .

Premier league maybe different but there's less fan engagement and all they see is social media abuse

I can see why for example Kevin Kyle didn't like city fans , and I could see why Shipley might also hold that view for a section of supporters .

I sat outside cannon Park having a coffee with dabo before the pandemic , I doubt when I walked away he went ...what a bellend

Just a general chit chat hardly even talked about city

He tweeted "just had a coffee with a right bellend, put milk and sugar in his coffee the nonce" just the other week actually.

Sick Boy

The focus on players’ goal celebrations and seeing cryptic clues in them has been weird. Most of the time they’ve been relatively muted, probably because of a lack of fans inside the stadium.

hill83

No he didn't at all , he said sweetener

And he said you were unbelievable for the entire 90 minutes and he's never seen a fan like it. The noise you made really spurred him on to finish his coffee, without you he would have only drank half of it.

clint van damme

As if they would come out and say it. Do you really believe the platitudes they spout about about the fans? "I love it here" "the fans are another level" then off they pop to another team because it's a career. They don't give a fuck, I don't expect them to, I wouldn't either.

Get down the city Arms and get a beer and chill out you cynical git.

(you're right though)

Old Warwickshire lad

Shipley can improve, we have a manager and coach who can improve him.
So let’s have a bit of patience and see what he is like next season.
Disclaimer: I have no link to Jordan Shipley, I am not related and have never met him. 😉

Evo1883

And he said you were unbelievable for the entire 90 minutes and he's never seen a fan like it. The noise you made really spurred him on to finish his coffee, without you he would have only drank half of it.

giphy.gif

clint van damme

Shipley can improve, we have a manager and coach who can improve him.
So let’s have a bit of patience and see what he is like next season.
Disclaimer: I have no link to Jordan Shipley, I am not related and have never met him. 😉

The thing is the player has to show some signs that he's got something that can be worked on and im not sure Shipley has at this level.
Would be delighted to be proven wrong.

Samo

Think he will be one that maybe deemed surplus although still has time to adapt/develop to the Championship.
No time for sentimental cobblers if we want to move forward I’m afraid.

As long as we don't expect any sentiment or loyalty from players either.

Adge

As long as we don't expect any sentiment or loyalty from players either.
Yep-that’s a fair shout. I’m sure if Shipley (or whoever) was pulling up trees in the Championship and managed to get himself a move to the Prem, most would say fair play and wish him all the best.
12-18 months later we could then say “we told you so” that he wouldn’t do it at that level 😆

Users who are viewing this thread