The secret to Jordan Clarke's decent defensive performance last Saturday... (1 Viewer)

I've been very critical of the lad as a defender, his positioning in my view hasn't been great and has been an example of a lack of experience costing us.

Anyway, I thought he looked a lot more astute last week and it looks like the catalysts may have been The Hermanator and Big Clive...

Platt revealed that despite only taking part in a handful of training sessions and two games since he was drafted in from Portsmouth in January, his experience has already proved invaluable.

“He’s already helped the lads a lot,” he said.

“His positioning is excellent and he used to have words with people when he was playing so I am sure now he’s on the sidelines he’ll get his opinions across and give advice to the young lads.

“I noticed something when we were doing an attack versus defence session before he was injured.

“I was pulling off the centre-halves to get the better of them and every time I did Hermann blocked me off as a full-back.

“And then when I was playing against the other lads it wasn’t happening and I was getting the better of them so I had a word with Jordan Clarke and told him what was happening and he was doing it on Saturday against Portsmouth.

“So he’s taken that into his game and he came out and blocked their forward off just as Hermann does and it’s great to see that the young lads are willing to listen and learn, and he’s implemented that into his game and it’s made him a better defender.”

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2012/03/31/hermann-hreidarsson-has-influence-to-help-coventry-city-in-survival-quest-92746-30665445/#ixzz1qh6xfkt1

Experience is vital, especially in a relegation battle.

Astute

We have got better defensively since HH arrived. How many thought he was just picking up his paycheck just like Fat Freddie? I can see him joining our coaching staff when he has finished playing. Maybe one more season on pay as you play.

Nonleagueherewecome

The secret to Clarke's offensive performances of late is Getafix's Magic Potions which he tends to drink when we need a goal. Worked both against Barnsley and Pompey :D

Users who are viewing this thread