• TOP 10

Votes: 41 37.3%
  • BOTTOM HALF

Votes: 51 46.4%
  • RELEGATION

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

Paxman II

The 11 that started last night against Cardiff are not going to be the first choice 11. That's why we must keep calm and wait for a settled side Robin's is working towards.
High priority would seem working on Simms and Wright and getting them up to speed. Atm they look way below what was expected.

O'Hare, Sheaf, are a big miss. Ayari will be a certain starter. Then you can pick Allen or Eccles or both in a 5 man middle.
Sakomoto will be an impact sub or possibly replace Allen or Eccles in that 5 man midfield.

The other issue is two up top or one? Godden can't be ignored. He is one of those strikers that knows where the net is. His position and runs off the ball are exceptional. It's why he scores. He was visably annoyed with Wright last night when he was clear waiting for a poke through, but Wright blasted it over the bar.

I think Ayari and O'Hare will be very good together, but I still feel we need to strengthen in January with a Hamer replacement which by all accounts we missed out on before the window closed.

Defensively we have choices. Binks looked like a weak link last night and I think Kitching was brought in for a starting birth, so still a settled line needed there.

We have a strong squad with a decent bench now once all are fit. We will get better and lose very few games. Still think we could have a pop at auto's. Top 6 easily. Leicester apart, those around the top now are not where the shape of things will be in a month or so. Expect Leeds, Sunderland, Southampton, to be in the mix with us. Can Preston stay top? No. They look good for a top 6 fight. But then who knows? Is there a team capable of flying up through the pack currently at the bottom end? Perhaps Stoke or Millwall. Middlesbrough are in danger of having too much to do.

What do you think?

SeaSeeEffCee

Autos 😂😂😂😂😂

We look a bottom half side at the moment. Thought we’d be play-off challengers coming into the season but looking at us now I think 12th-15th is more likely.

If we can get Simms and Wright on a bit of a run I think we’ll be challenging. Wright didn’t look likely last night but I feel he gets one and he’ll be off on a good run. Having a danger man to worry about will change the complexion of games.

napolimp

The fact half the voters on this thread have said we're going to finish in the bottom half, shows what an insufferable bunch of whiny toddlers we are. I guess Sunderland fans were right.

gspotgaz

The fact half the voters on this thread have said we're going to finish in the bottom half, shows what an insufferable bunch of whiny toddlers we are. I guess Sunderland fans were right.
We’re in the bottom half and have won 1 game so far…?

Voice_of_Reason

The 11 that started last night against Cardiff are not going to be the first choice 11. That's why we must keep calm and wait for a settled side Robin's is working towards.
High priority would seem working on Simms and Wright and getting them up to speed. Atm they look way below what was expected.

O'Hare, Sheaf, are a big miss. Ayari will be a certain starter. Then you can pick Allen or Eccles or both in a 5 man middle.
Sakomoto will be an impact sub or possibly replace Allen or Eccles in that 5 man midfield.

The other issue is two up top or one? Godden can't be ignored. He is one of those strikers that knows where the net is. His position and runs off the ball are exceptional. It's why he scores. He was visably annoyed with Wright last night when he was clear waiting for a poke through, but Wright blasted it over the bar.

I think Ayari and O'Hare will be very good together, but I still feel we need to strengthen in January with a Hamer replacement which by all accounts we missed out on before the window closed.

Defensively we have choices. Binks looked like a weak link last night and I think Kitching was brought in for a starting birth, so still a settled line needed there.

We have a strong squad with a decent bench now once all are fit. We will get better and lose very few games. Still think we could have a pop at auto's. Top 6 easily. Leicester apart, those around the top now are not where the shape of things will be in a month or so. Expect Leeds, Sunderland, Southampton, to be in the mix with us. Can Preston stay top? No. They look good for a top 6 fight. But then who knows? Is there a team capable of flying up through the pack currently at the bottom end? Perhaps Stoke or Millwall. Middlesbrough are in danger of having too much to do.

What do you think?
Agreed 100%

Malaka

I was optimistic at the beginning of the season. Last night we stank the place out. Palmer v Sunderland looked like a world beater, last night he was dire. We struggle without Sheaf. Wright has been disappointing so far, I know it's early days, but I would have expected slightly more from him by now. I do like Da Silva and Sakamoto put in a shift when he came on and we improved. Those watching the game, when they were 2-1 up their number 8 ran from the midfield and got into the box, there was no one near him if the ball had been squared, but Fadz got a block in. We have gifted goals, seem disorganised in midfield and there is no cutting edge. Early days, but I think we should be doing better. My optimism is diminishing. Godden has surprised me, long may that continue.

Boicey

The big problem is there's not many goals in this squad. Godden's scoring streak wont last forever and will eventually lead to defenders marking him more closely (If then can stay awake).
I guess COH is a wildcard as usual in terms of goalscoring.
Robins will want to play Godden, Palmer and Allen because he loves them to bits.
Kitching will come in soon. A common Barnsley view on him is he is a good ball player but not a great defender. See how that works out.

Evo1883

The big problem is there's not many goals in this squad. Godden's scoring streak wont last forever and will eventually lead to defenders marking him more closely (If then can stay awake).
Robins will want to play Godden, Palmer and Allen because he loves them to bits.
Kitching will come in soon. A common Barnsley view on him is he is a good ball player but not a great defender. See how that works out.
Godden and Allen both offer something to the team

hill83

If we had won 3 on trot then last 1 no one would be panicking

Jersey Shore What GIF

cooperskyblue

39 games to go, last night was very very poor, not getting away from it and it is frustrating as it would be so much nicer to already have 3 or 4 wins under our belts. But Robins is the man, and a couple of wins and we will all feel a lot better.

After last season and some of the 'relegation-esque' performances we put in against Preston and Norwich etc, we suddenly turned it around and we all know the rest.

Improvement is needed but we have the one manager I believe is capable of delivering that.

ProfessorbyGrace

Totally unconvinced so far, but then, I suppose patience is required. It could all click into place, once that ‘rhythm’ is established.

Really looking forward to COH coming back, when he’s up to speed.

TomRad85

See how it is after 10 games. If we had won 3 on trot then last 1 no one would be panicking. Let's see if we can win 2-3 in a Row now

Big if of course but we are capable. Robins will know what needs to be worked on.
How's your cousin feeling about the season so far?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Macca

Totally unconvinced so far, but then, I suppose patience is required. It could all click into place, once that ‘rhythm’ is established.

Everyone relying on him coming back the same player, don’t bank on it

MTK

Last night was disappointing but I’ve been telling myself since early summer that unless we were very lucky, the scale of the changes to the squad would be a barrier to us doing well, at least early on in the season. Too many new players , some who are new to the country, the Championship, or to potentially being a weekly pick in a side rather than being a sub or going out on loans. Players like Sheaf and Allen who could have helped maintain the momentum getting injured. With a few exceptions we’ve ripped up that clearly apparent all for one team cohesiveness we have had for the last few seasons. New signings came in but they adopted the culture because it was so firmly in place. You hardly ever saw our players frustrated with each other over the last couple of seasons. If there was a misplaced pass or missed opportunity it always seemed to be a ‘good effort’, ‘next time’ kind of response. Last night a bit of frustration was visible. I trust Robins to fix it and I’m going to be patient. Play up my Sky Blues!

sotvtoday

Robins might want to play Godden because he's the joint top scorer in the league.

samccov1987

Bottom half which is disappointing.

The midfield is a major issue. We were always going to miss Hamer which is why I’m amazed we haven’t addressed it. Ayari is young and O Hare is coming back from a major injury so not sure where the creativity comes from.

Despite shipping three goals in the last couple of games I think the defence will be ok.

Up front can’t fault Godden when he is scoring and still think Simms will come good. He’s looked decent in this league before. The fee for Hadji is the big issue for me, I think he does have some attributes but for that amount of money he should be delivering now.

Wasn’t expecting playoffs this year but concerned we’ve spent serious money on a team that looks mid table at best.

CCFC54321

Something doesn’t feel right about this squad to previous mark robins teams.

They all appeared a close nit bunch even when new players joined they all appeared to be together.

This season doesn’t feel like they’re a team at all. Most likely thanks to a huge turnover of players but I’ve written this season off already regards a top 6 finish.

Voice_of_Reason

This time last year it was all doom and gloom. Relegation for certain according to some. Players and Robbins being criticised etc. Too soon to make a judgement.

Offhegoes

Last night was our worst performace of the season. Our only other defeat at Leicester, we played them off the park for the most part,
It's frustrating that Simms and Wright haven't got going yet, and we have now lost Sheaf until November. Feels a little like the season after the League 2 play off win. We bought in loads of playera that summer, and it took a while for Robins to work out his best team and for the team to gel. I think we have bought well, and Simms & Wright will soonn start scoring + O'Hare wil be back shortly.

Greggs

This time last year it was all doom and gloom. Relegation for certain according to some. Players and Robbins being criticised etc. Too soon to make a judgement.
Once again, we're a totally different side. You can't base all future events on what happened last year, it's illogical.

Users who are viewing this thread