The sack list (1 Viewer)

messiahrobins

I don’t agree about Eccles being first on the team sheet, we should definitely keep him but he shouldn’t be the first name on the team sheet, we need better quality in midfield. Although I do agree that we need a better LB and maybe a stronger CB partnership, it looks too flakey at times.

After some of the performances this season I’m genuinely concerned we’ll end up in a similar position next season. I honestly think King needs to spend around £15 mil to get the squad into shape.
£15m is about spot on. I like Eccles and think a midfield trio of him Sheaf and Torp would be really good. That said we need another holding midfielder to replace Kelly and obviously another AM as Palmer isnt good enough to be 1st choice.

blunted

We were top 6 until FA Cup distraction, injuries and tiredness kicked in. We need to expand the squad not reduce it.
O'Hare we guess is off. Moore and Kelly appear certainties to leave. Godden has really disappointed lately and the jury is out on his future.
We may lose one or two of our best players to richer clubs.
You cannot start again with so many new players even if we could afford to.
Do I think Torp will come good. Absolutely, but it could go either way based on the evidence of all his games so far. Man U performance or Birmingham.
DaSilva, Lati, Allen and Palmer are unlikely to be going anywhere. First two relatively young and should improve. Lati has been carrying an injury for some time which is why he has been below par lately. Allen was great last season and has been held back by injuries. Palmer blows hot and cold but on his day is real class. I repeat we need a squad not some fantasy football scenario where we just go out and buy what seems to be a better player.
Unsure about Howley and Burrows and don't feel qualified to comment without seeing them play enough.

mmttww

The list of first team players I think will be given the boot:

O'Hare
Wilson
Allen
Kelly
Godden
Da.Silva
Latibeaudiere
Moore
Burroughs
Howley
Binks (loan)

No chance Latibeaudiere or Da Silva go.

- one has featured in most games
- one has three years left on his contract

and talk about 'giving the boot' is weird.

You've listed:

- 3 x players out of contract
- 1 x player (Godden) we know is off
- 1 x player who's loan is ending

and the rest have a year left and I don't see us paying them up. Not sure I'd want us to as they'll be on low wages and might as well fill the squad or the U21s.

Last edited:

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Remember when everyone was optimistic about the future? Lol

Think we are on right path. Enjoy the ride people.

Teddy Bear GIF by Walibi Holland

Johhny Blue

If scored that effort would have been a screamer. What puzzled me more though was when he was yards away from goal with a clear view of it but chose to pass.
He does that a lot from the right. I’d like him to shoot more often from there. Great chance of juicy rebounds if not goals.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It’s not in our hands on Vik, nor is it really on Sheaf if nobody is willing to pay something acceptable. I get the impression though that we do have our ducks in a row and just need the funds.

Which would suggest if the Bidwell rumour is true that we’ve already sorted a new left back.
If I was Doug I'd agree to provide the funds short term to get the targets in early, rather than having to wait for the sales and risk missing out. Then take the money back when the sales occur.

Doubt Doug would do that though.

Brighton Sky Blue

If I was Doug I'd agree to provide the funds short term to get the targets in early, rather than having to wait for the sales and risk missing out. Then take the money back when the sales occur.

Doubt Doug would do that though.
It’s not a trivial amount of money though and if the sales don’t materialise suddenly he’s out of pocket to quite a big tune.

Mucca Mad Boys

It’s not a trivial amount of money though and if the sales don’t materialise suddenly he’s out of pocket to quite a big tune.
It also creates a pressure to potentially sell at a lower value too.

If we’ve committed say £15m and we’re nearing some sort of deadline for FFP, we may have to sell to balance books to avoid penalties in the future. Similar to how we sold Hyam under pressure we allegedly accepted a lower bid than we did earlier in that transfer window.

I recall Forest holding out for £60m for Johnson but had they sold him earlier for slightly less they wouldn’t have breached FFP.

It might not be ideal, but it’s better to get the money in, know what we’re working with and get players in. Unlike last year, we’re not going to be bedding in an entire team from match day 1.

Cov kid 55

It’s a funny team this. We had a lot of the game on Tuesday, and shouldn’t have lost. BUT, we deserved to lose because of the daft mistakes we made throughout the game, and because having equalised we should have gone on and won, but let them score again, almost immediately. A good Cov team would have won that game. The first goal was poor, far too easy for them. Highlighted Dasilva’s defensive frailty? I’d play Bidwell there every time. Palmer was again really disappointing. No positive impact, and is far too petulant (as in the Blackburn game). Robins moaned about the defending for their second goal, but didn’t mention the stupid foul Palmer gave away on the touchline. Their player was going nowhere, facing away from goal, and Palmer hits him from behind. We’re not great in the air at the back, so why not give Ipswich the chance to float the ball into the box? Why he started before O’Hare, and why O’Hare came on so late, I’ll never know.

So as well as the ones we know are going, if we could get money for Dasilva, I think that would be beneficial, and for me, Palmer regretfully, because he has skill, is at best an ‘impact’ substitute. We also appear to need a leader on the pitch, something Robins referred to when talking about McFadzean at Blackburn.

Paxman II

Great, so we then end up owing a bank millions with interest?
It's how most transactions are done. You don't actually think King will cough up 20m cash immediately do you? Every business has arrangements with banks. Whether you are good for it would depend on Kings ability to back it up, how long the 'bridge' was for etc etc.

bigfatronssba

Where has the Hamer money gone?

shmmeee

Where has the Hamer money gone?

EMC, Torp, and the add ons for Wright and Simms probably. Initial fees for the rest:

Collins - 0.6
MvE - 3.5
Latibeaudiere- 0.5
Wright - 7.7
Simms - 3.5
Kitching - 4.5

That’s 20.3m, which is more than we got for Vik. Add in EMC at 4.5, Torp at 2.5, Wrights add on at 1.3 and Simms up to 4.5 but probably more like 2 for now and we’ve spent ~30.6m. Roughly £18m for Vik and £12m for Gus inwards.

All fag packet but it checks out give or take.

Brighton Sky Blue

EMC, Torp, and the add ons for Wright and Simms probably. Initial fees for the rest:

Collins - 0.6
MvE - 3.5
Latibeaudiere- 0.5
Wright - 7.7
Simms - 3.5
Kitching - 4.5

That’s 20.3m, which is more than we got for Vik. Add in EMC at 4.5, Torp at 2.5, Wrights add on at 1.3 and Simms up to 4.5 but probably more like 2 for now and we’ve spent ~30.6m. Roughly £18m for Vik and £12m for Gus inwards.

Is the £4.5 million for Kitching legit? Surely can’t have paid all that as the base fee. You also left out whatever we paid for Saka and Thomas.

TomRad85

Collins - 0.6
MvE - 3.5
Latibeaudiere- 0.5
Wright - 7.7
Simms - 3.5
Kitching - 4.5

You've also missed off Thomas and Sakamoto which was what, about 3.5 for the pair?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Is the £4.5 million for Kitching legit? Surely can’t have paid all that as the base fee. You also left out whatever we paid for Saka and Thomas.

That was the fee that was rumoured. But aside from Vik it’s all rumours. Figures might be off by £5m either way but it shows the idea we’ve spent all the Hamer cash isn’t unrealistic.

Brighton Sky Blue

That was the fee that was rumoured. But aside from Vik it’s all rumours. Figures might be off by £5m either way but it shows the idea we’ve spent all the Hamer cash isn’t unrealistic.
Oh don't get me wrong, I definitely think that money's been used up one way or another.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Probably should have added in that Doug probably doesn't have deep enough pockets to do so.

But also chances are any fees likely won't be paid up all up front, so he'd only need to cover the up front amount.

Otis

Imagine if we'd had this team/squad settled at the start of the season...where would we be now!?
Champions League probably, because they would have said, not only are you far too good for the Championship, you are also too good for the Premier too and they would have given us a free pass straight through to the knockout rounds of the European competition.

Users who are viewing this thread