The right back "problem" (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

With Christie and Clarke out of form and people asking for a new rb to ass exp. why not play bailey there? He can play there so we've been told and it would allow Thomas a run in the team.

Thoughts?

Ps. Don't know how Christie played on sat as wasn't there. So sorry if he was back to form

Jackoskyblue

I think Christie had a bad spell but seems to have picked up last few games, there both young and improving all the time, I'd look to bring in a cover for left back

skybluegod

I think Christie had a bad spell but seems to have picked up last few games, there both young and improving all the time, I'd look to bring in a cover for left back

Yeah I agree but I am saying why not let them have the pressure removed for a few games. Then one of them can come back all guns blazing

LewSkyBlue

id leave Christie there, he played well last time i saw him (tranmere), good overlaps and running at their defence and some good crosses. Iv never really rated J.Clarke that much tbh

Mucca Mad Boys

Because people are complaining that we let in to many goals. And people also want Thomas to have a run in the team

We don't concede all of our goals because of RB, last game we conceded from a corner, not at all linked to RB.

If any CM is going to play RB, it'll be Thomas! Not Bailey!

Mucca Mad Boys

id leave Christie there, he played well last time i saw him (tranmere), good overlaps and running at their defence and some good crosses. Iv never really rated J.Clarke that much tbh

Christie, from talking to people who went and the radio, and the thread on SBT during/after the match, he was our worst player! :facepalm:

skybluegod

We don't concede all of our goals because of RB, last game we conceded from a corner, not at all linked to RB.

If any CM is going to play RB, it'll be Thomas! Not Bailey!

Yes but I never said we did concede all our goals from right back this thread was for the people that think we need to something new at rb.

Yes let's play Thomas at Rb when he's never played there before where as bailey has

Theging1987

Think Clarke is a more intelligent footballer, Christie is very nieve at times and gets caught out of position a lot and also jumps into challenges, but on the other hand is not afraid to get forward and run at people and at times puts in a decent ball. Would play Clarke for stability and Christie to get forward.

Theging1987

If ure goin that way then get macnamee back from the boro....... By far the best right back we've had in 20 years..... The odd game he played!!

Hod dog

or bring Richard Duffy back for the 5th time? wasnt the best but did a great karate kick at Sheffield united away.

with regards to our current RB issue, Christie played well vs Oldham and I prefer him to Clarke, I wouldn't move bailey though.

ccfclinney

Mark robins loves attacking full backs..
Hussey was attacking but simply didnt have the fitness or the energy to do it for 90 minutes..
Christie is a lot more attacking then clarke i think thats why he prefers to play him, but clarke is better defensively although can be slow at getting rid of the ball and can get caught out.

Mucca Mad Boys

Yes but I never said we did concede all our goals from right back this thread was for the people that think we need to something new at rb.

Yes let's play Thomas at Rb when he's never played there before where as bailey has

Thomas has played RB though, under Thorn and I THINK under AB as well.

skablue

Not a lot between them, they can both be good on their day, Christie probably shades it going forward, both seem to lack concentration and make poor decisions when passing which have cost us goals. I don't think either of them are good enough at this stage to play at higher level than league 1, if we do get back in the Championship then right back would have to be one the areas that needs strengthening.

Think Clarke is a more intelligent footballer, Christie is very nieve at times and gets caught out of position a lot and also jumps into challenges, but on the other hand is not afraid to get forward and run at people and at times puts in a decent ball. Would play Clarke for stability and Christie to get forward.
Totally agree, Clarke is more consistent but Christie is more likely to beat a player going forward. With Baker in good form would have Clarke at RB as a better defrnder

skybluegod

Thomas has played RB though, under Thorn and I THINK under AB as well.

what? when did he do that. he played he played twice under ab one was a 5 min sub game in midfield and the start against brum whihc he was in midfield. he never played at RB under thorn as we always had clarke and christie there. :facepalm:

shmmeee

Both get caught out of position. Last 2 home games Christie much improved from the woeful games he had

Young players in inconsistent form and lack of experienced decision making shock!

FFS they're 20 & 21, both learning the game, both shown excellent potential. One has been capped for England youth and the other was being tracked by Prem clubs last season. But yeah, let's throw both on the scrap heap and ignore the lack of cover at LB the poor quality of our CBs or our lack of pace in the AMs to bring in yet another RB!

Sky Blue Pete

Young players in inconsistent form and lack of experienced decision making shock!

FFS they're 20 & 21, both learning the game, both shown excellent potential. One has been capped for England youth and the other was being tracked by Prem clubs last season. But yeah, let's throw both on the scrap heap and ignore the lack of cover at LB the poor quality of our CBs or our lack of pace in the AMs to bring in yet another RB!

Where have I suggested that my friend. I completely agree that they are both very good at this level on their day. Christie was a 6 for me on Saturday and robins has handled them both very well imho

Users who are viewing this thread