the referiing decisions and luck (1 Viewer)

FinnishSkyBlue

here we go (and sorry for the bad english ;) ):

vs yeovil - city hitting the post and having more chances
vs sheff utd - a malaga header seemed to be over the line, not given.
vs bury - opposition awarded a penalty
vs crewe - city hit the bar
vs stevenage - two perfectly good goals disallowed, a dubious goal for stevenage (their guy was million miles offside)
vs tranmere - baker hit the post and city controlled the game 80 minutes against league leaders
vs shrewsbury - town awarded a crucial penalty, our penalty was just consolation. shrewsbury got one goal disallowed when the game was already over, wohoo!
vs carlisle - a very soft penalty for united (disappointed that robins accepted it). hit the post twice...

i might have sky blue tinted glasses, but surely we haven't got the rub of the green, have we? i wonder if the referees would dare to do this to wise's, blackwell's or warnock's sides. we need the manager to be all over the referees and intimidate them, not accepting this shower of shite without a fight.

pusbccfc

When you put it that way... We have had some awful luck so far! The standard of referees is so poor its like the watching sunday league. Today he was awful, didn't look a pen, some shockers including cards. How their keeper was cautioned I do not know.

Otis

Hitting the post though unfortunately is missing and again today we didn't give their keeper much to do at all.

Struggling to remember if he actually had to make any saves! We have hardly tested any keeper this season at all.

covlad1986

Well this is how I seen it (but bare with me because I haven't seen any replays yet). The penalty I didn't think it was and I sit in block 15 because if that was a penalty then surely we should had at least one most of his decisions he was making was laughable because I seen twice the ball went out off a Carlisle player and yet they got the throw in/goal kick.

It does seem like to me that no matter what we get shit refs and yet everyone always tells us that we must respect the refs but I just can't see me doing that.

I won't mind if the refs was fair (and I don't mean all for us) I mean 50-50 but we just don't see that tbf I can't remember the last time we had one.

Nonleagueherewecome

The ref was a total tool, but as far as luck goes-you have to make your own. We never seem to have players following up rebounds-hungry players would be.

Macca

It's worth a scientific investigation this. That we could have got to this position despite playing so well. If you add this to the poor refereeing decisions and bad luck that relegated us its almost inconceivable

coundonskyblue

Im sorry, and this isn't a criticism of anyone one here, least of all the OP, but blaming luck is the loser mentality that has our club where it is.

No one (Players, Managers, Board) are willing to accept responsibility. We lost today because throughout that 90 mins Carlisle were the better team, we haven't won for 14 games because in those games the other team were better than us.

For years we've come out with excuses whenever we lose (I'll admit I've been guilty of it myself), but it has to stop. Its a clear sympton of the loser mentality that surrounds this club.

The simple fact is we lost today because we wasn't good enough, and until the players, Manager (Not specifically Robins as he's only just arrived), and board all accept that then we will never progress.

If I had the power to change one thing at the club it would be to rid it of this loser mentality.

Sky Blues

Im sorry, and this isn't a criticism of anyone one here, least of all the OP, but blaming luck is the loser mentality that has our club where it is.

No one (Players, Managers, Board) are willing to accept responsibility. We lost today because throughout that 90 mins Carlisle were the better team, we haven't won for 14 games because in those games the other team were better than us.

For years we've come out with excuses whenever we lose (I'll admit I've been guilty of it myself), but it has to stop. Its a clear sympton of the loser mentality that surrounds this club.

The simple fact is we lost today because we wasn't good enough, and until the players, Manager (Not specifically Robins as he's only just arrived), and board all accept that then we will never progress.

If I had the power to change one thing at the club it would be to rid it of this loser mentality.

I know you've excluded Robins, but didn't he basically say today that it wasn't good enough and he didn't blame the penalty etc. i.e. Displaying the kind of attitude you want to see from now on. Maybe that's a positive you can take from today! :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

I could agree more if we had actually played well in most of them games but had lost/drew because of bad luck, we have played poor in most of them and deserved what we got in most games

To many players feeling sorry for themselves blaming luck for poor results, Baker and Shaw after Tranmere were a prime example of this

Blinxs

Bad luck and dodgey decisions aren't an excuse (unless the ref gives 10 penalties against you and sends off half your team - then you may have a point) but still the ref today and also at Stevenage were poor. I hate it when people try to justify the bad decisions saying they are only human, 1 or 2 mistakes a game i can live with but 10 or so today is shocking especially when it seems so one sided. Obviously not having replays it is difficult to be certain but today i felt the player dived for the penalty when he saw Wood on the floor trying (quite rightly - even though he was shocking overall today) to win the ball. Then he missed a blatent handball by 1 of their players only to make up for it by giving at least 4 handballs against us (2 of which were suspect). Overall he was awfull and i wonder with all the talk about players being overpaid for woeful performances, how much did that ref get this week?

ohitsaidwalker king power

A very poor ref.. he was awful today..but this is division 3....and so refereeing standards are I'm afraid going to be erratic. Is it not inevitable that the poorer the league.. the poorer the Ref?
As for luck... that's life..as the song goes.... when you are down, along comes another slice to compound your state.

coundonskyblue

I know you've excluded Robins, but didn't he basically say today that it wasn't good enough and he didn't blame the penalty etc. i.e. Displaying the kind of attitude you want to see from now on. Maybe that's a positive you can take from today! :)

Agree, I just hope that he can spread that attitude throughout the club.

I think that in the past we've recruited managers with impressive c.v.'s, and signed players with good reputations. At first they come in and look exactly what we need, but after a few months the loser bug seems to infect even them.

Robins needs to be mentality stronger than all those managers that have gone before him.

Users who are viewing this thread