The referee (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Lot of refs get stuck on here for their woeful performances but I thought Saturdays referee was excellent, feared the worse when he booked, correctly imo, Michael Doyle in the first few minutes. But he kept the game flowing, wasn’t at all whistle happy and was fair with his decisions including the theatrics when The Dons forward went down looking for a penalty. Fair play to him

torchomatic

I meant to ask. Who was their goalkeeper arguing with in the second half? Looked like someone on our bench.

no_loyalty

Lot of refs get stuck on here for their woeful performances but I thought Saturdays referee was excellent, feared the worse when he booked, correctly imo, Michael Doyle in the first few minutes. But he kept the game flowing, wasn’t at all whistle happy and was fair with his decisions including the theatrics when The Dons forward went down looking for a penalty. Fair play to him

Best ref I have seen for sometime, I liked it when he gave us a free kick for offside, when the lino didn't even flag

Dazmataz

Best ref I have seen for sometime, I liked it when he gave us a free kick for offside, when the lino didn't even flag
The lino was shocking, I was sat in line with the 6 yard box and he missed about 3 offside decisions, fair play to the ref for giving it as offside.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Lino had a mare, decent ref thought the foul on Max was violent conduct and worth of a red but we all knew it would be a yellow.

That lino missed a bit that offside tht was so far off the ref gave it, a throw to us when the ball was out he didn’t give and they won a corner (when 4,000 fans go up like as a natural reaction to the ball going it says a lot), I was worried by the goal we knew it was over, he seemed to only wave his flag once the ref who was 20 yards away and front in awarded it.

Last edited:

lifeskyblue

Thought the ref had a good game...spot on most of the time and unobtrusive. Re the foul on biamou I was certain it was a red as it was cynical, violent and no attempt to play ball. Son thought yellow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adge

That was poor from the assistant and when the referee called it it was the correct decision. The assessor would of been harsh on them yesterday as there was also an incident in the second half on the opposite assistants side where he gave a goal kick to us instead of a corner to MKD.

Cov kid 55

That was poor from the assistant and when the referee called it it was the correct decision. The assessor would of been harsh on them yesterday as there was also an incident in the second half on the opposite assistants side where he gave a goal kick to us instead of a corner to MKD.
I actually thought the ref for the Swindon game was also very good, let the game flow, by not blowing his whistle too much.

Frostie

Ref was generally good, encouraged the game to flow.

Thought it a certain red on Biamou though, by the laws of the game;
Serious foul play is a foul committed using excessive force (i.e., "the player...is in danger of injuring his opponent")

Also, as someone else mentioned, the MK manager should have been dismissed for encroaching onto the field of play too. In an era where Mourinho etc get sent to the stands just for straying out of their Technical Area this should have been cut & dry.

MK could arguably have had a couple of yellows before for fouls on Biamou too, the rugby tackle on the halfway line and the hand into the face when running into the area were surely worthy.

Generally, happy enough though.
The less said about the ‘Assistant’ nearest us though the better...

Adge

Lino had a mare, decent ref thought the foul on Max was violent conduct and worth of a red but we all knew it would be a yellow.

That lino missed a bit that offside tht was so far off the ref gave it, a throw to us when the ball was out he didn’t give and they won a corner (when 4,000 fans go up like as a natural reaction to the ball going it says a lot), I was worried by the goal we knew it was over, he seemed to only wave his flag once the ref who was 20 yards away and front in awarded it.
Violent conduct is striking out at an opponent when the ball isn’t in playing distance. He wouldn’t have been sent of for that. Serious foul play is what we may have seen yesterday but an opinion (the referees) seen it as a “reckless challenge” which is a yellow card which is what was issued.
To many people listen to pundits waffling on with there cliches of “dangerous play” “that was cynical” “that was reckless” “last man so should be a red card” when really they don’t know what they are talking about.
I heard a great one recently from Jason Mohammed who said that Jose Mourinho should have been shown a red card for coming onto the pitch. Only players are shown red and yellow cards not club officials, coaches or managers! :emoji_joy:

Users who are viewing this thread