The reason we are bottom is the players (1 Viewer)

maddog

Murphy - Possibly the worst goalie in this division.
Dunne - Error prone (see Northampton threads). May come good (see Sealey).
Hermann - was a great player - was injury prone at Portsmouth...and out injured.
Hussey - Talented footballer but can't defend over 90 minutes.
Jordan Clarke - Unfit but great potential-loses confidence too easily. Will be good when fit if he can get his head together and played at right back.
Wood - A Centre half not a fullback. Ok when fit - never fit this season.
McPake - Rubbish. Really pulling up trees at Hibs.
Cranie - Overrated head in the clouds moments (2 on Saturday). Will probably be good is about 3 years time when he has left.
Keough - Not as good as every one says. Too many defensive lapses. Gives 100% effort and never gives up. Commitment 10/10 talent 6.5/10.
Christie - Improving - if avoids injury will be awesome and we will sell him.
Cranie - playing like he did at Norwich when they went down. A nearly man. Mid table championship player.
Cameron - Makes too many errors but may be ok in a couple of years.
Bigi - Too soon for him, but he will be good in a couple of years.
Macca - Past his best - sulks when not played up front. Can do better but not much.
Bell - only ever seems to be good as a sub - has injury and stamina problems.
Thomas - Class but is making his mistakes in a crap team. Being asked to play too many games.
Deegan - supposed to be midfield enforcer but cant get near half the average midfielders in this division. A wait and see if he gets better sort of player.
Baker - Div 1 player.
McDonald - Ditto.
Jeffers - shown very little so far.
Nimley - Class but not ours, again making his mistakes in a garbage team. Needs to play up front.
Platt - slow slow slow, but in the right team ok. Attitude excellent. Gives 100% but not a goalscorer which we need.
Eastwood - its not over til the fatboy slims. There is more chance of fat Freddie dumping rubbish in your front garden that him making a comeback at the City.
ROD - Been absolute rubbish for two seasons. Should have had 4 against Southampton.

skyblue19

Agree mostly apart from murphy. Did you not see brightons goalie, awful. Didn't know we had 2 cranies playing for us.

Nonleagueherewecome

I kinda agree with a lot of it, but not all of it. It's probably how an outsider would see our players, perhaps Keogh aside. 8/10 ;)

BackRoomRummermill

Hermann - was a great player - was injury prone at Portsmouth...and out injured.
Jordan Clarke - Unfit but great potential-loses confidence too easily. Will be good when fit if he can get his head together and played at right back.
Cranie - Overrated head in the clouds moments (2 on Saturday). Will probably be good is about 3 years time when he has left.
Keough - Not as good as every one says. Too many defensive lapses. Gives 100% effort and never gives up. Commitment 10/10 talent 6.5/10.
Cranie - playing like he did at Norwich when they went down. A nearly man. Mid table championship player.
Macca - Past his best - sulks when not played up front. Can do better but not much.
Thomas - Class but is making his mistakes in a crap team. Being asked to play too many games.
Deegan - supposed to be midfield enforcer but cant get near half the average midfielders in this division. A wait and see if he gets better sort of player.
Baker - Div 1 player.
McDonald - Ditto.
Nimley - Class but not ours, again making his mistakes in a garbage team. Needs to play up front.
Platt - slow slow slow, but in the right team ok. Attitude excellent. Gives 100% but not a goalscorer which we need.
Eastwood - its not over til the fatboy slims. There is more chance of fat Freddie dumping rubbish in your front garden that him making a comeback at the City.
ROD - Been absolute rubbish for two seasons. Should have had 4 against Southampton.

Hmmmm a bit like saying Napolean Lost at Waterloo because of the French Troops...................

Lets move on shall we :slap:

cloughie

I read the first line, where you state Murphy is 'possibly the worst keeper in the division' and I immediately disagree and fail to read the rest of your thread.

I did just the same and see why he calls himself maddog,

just when i thought rabbies had been cleared in the uk

Brighton Sky Blue

Baker - Div 1 player.
McDonald - Ditto.

You've spent quite a bit of time on this to be fair; though your main points about the youngsters are 'they'll be good in a few years' or 'they make mistakes'-they're kids. It's dead on certain that they're not the finished article yet; the youth side's performance in the academy league shows you everything about the talent we've got coming through-but they can't do it all on their own.

Yorkshire SB

Some of this is utter shit, but in fairness I think a lot of it is very true.
McPake, if he returns to our inevitable League 1 plight, may well give us a chance (this all under the unlikely assumption he stays fit). I've seen games that guy has played that have been sensational, give him a run in the first team and he'll perform. Captained a Livingston side that had some quality players in it a few years ago, and that wasn't out of luck. To simply say he is rubbish is grossly unfair.
Murphy has been decent this season, very standard championship keeper, not sure what you expect?

Totally agree of the Keogh point, definitely a trier, (same as deegan) not much actual ability.
Bell and Baker are awful, both skilful but physically both are so inept. Bell is unfit, and Baker needs to bulk up, far too weak on the ball.
Clingan is over-rated, plays the role that bigiramana should, which in two years the latter will be doing better.

kingharvest

I disagree with most of your assessments, however i pretty much agree with the sentiment.

There are an awful lot of people to blame for the mess we're in, and so far this season, i think the players have got away with a hell of a lot of stick that they wouldn't normally, down to the general disharmony with the owners. SISU and Thorn are bearing the brunt of most fans anger, fairly in the former, possibly unfairly in the latter to some extent.

But alot of the players, and i'm really talking about the senior players here, because i'll always forgive the youngsters who are in their first season, need to stand up and take some responsibility for this season. Clingan, Murphey, Bell, Baker, Shef (although he's had more good moments than the others), Cranie - even Jutkiewicz missed some feckin sitters while he was here, but then all strikers miss a few so i guess i can forgive him. The rest of those i've listed in any other season would have been hammered.

maddog

Some of my player assessments were clouded by bad result anger but ...... sorry cant agree with you regarding McPake, he looked ok when he first came as he was a bit of an animal, which you can get away with in Scotland (but not against Rangers). His timing is poor, cant pass a ball other than the hoof forward. Murphy is the reason we cant keep a clean sheet. He has cut down on mistakes but never makes a game changing save, although he nearly did with the penalty. How many games has Murphy finished on a winning side this season, I think its 3. Guess we have been spoilt over the years. With a decent goalie we would have an extra 10 points.

Yorkshire SB

I can appreciate McPake isn't a classy centre half, but he gets his body in the way, makes some quality challenges and is a leader on the field. I actually think he shows traits of the kind of centre half you want in this division

Users who are viewing this thread