The queues (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Worst yet last night. A bad mix of people arriving late, soggy printed tickets and the usual overzealous checks.

They put barriers up to stop the queues moving too far out and that helps at the bars but created a lot of frustration for some. It got quite tense when people had missed kick off and were nowhere near in the stadium. Stewards panicked and stopped searching and checking tickets.

I previously argued people are turning up late but there's clearly something else. They check the bags too late. At other stadiums, they have a table or stewards at the start of the queue checking which then allows people time to get their ticket ready at the turnstile. At the CBS, stewards are searching right up by the door.

@Sky Blue Pete I know this has been discussed multiple times but I don't think the unopened turnstiles under Block 14 have been mentioned. Clearly, SAG have never been keen on fans entering there as it's past the (stupid) fence. Surely reopening these has to be something on the radar soon.

The early food and drink deals aren't enough to get people in early. Does anyone really want a stadium pint at 1pm?

Mucca Mad Boys

My brother got to the stadium at 19:20-25 and still missed KO - he said there was a 15m period where queue seemingly did not move at all.

I parked up at Christ the King at 19:40, walked to the turnstile and nearly got in before him.

Middlesborough in the playoffs and Oxford Utd in the cup were like this too.

Cheylesmore ITK

Both games at Wednesday there able to get around 4k in to the away end with minimum fuss using about 4 or 5 turnstiles.

Check away from turnstile then you can walk up easily and get through.

cornoccfc

My brother got to the stadium at 19:20-25 and still missed KO - he said there was a 15m period where queue seemingly did not move at all.

Definitely this - literally was only 1 person getting through in a minute (this was around gates 18/19)

It got to around 7.35pm, and it suddenly stated moving like turnstile queues should

Not just paper tickets not scanning, saw phones doing the same, with readers flashing red

robbiekeane

Worst yet last night. A bad mix of people arriving late, soggy printed tickets and the usual overzealous checks.

They put barriers up to stop the queues moving too far out and that helps at the bars but created a lot of frustration for some. It got quite tense when people had missed kick off and were nowhere near in the stadium. Stewards panicked and stopped searching and checking tickets.

I previously argued people are turning up late but there's clearly something else. They check the bags too late. At other stadiums, they have a table or stewards at the start of the queue checking which then allows people time to get their ticket ready at the turnstile. At the CBS, stewards are searching right up by the door.

@Sky Blue Pete I know this has been discussed multiple times but I don't think the unopened turnstiles under Block 14 have been mentioned. Clearly, SAG have never been keen on fans entering there as it's past the (stupid) fence. Surely reopening these has to be something on the radar soon.

The early food and drink deals aren't enough to get people in early. Does anyone really want a stadium pint at 1pm?
Our guy just ripped our barcode off for us and gave us back the paper in the end.

Never understood why it’s a self scan situation, it never speeds things up, most other big sporting events you show your barcode and someone’s there with a scanner to ping you through. One person per gate getting used to how a scanner works versus expecting 20k people each to use it seamlessly

MTK

I’m getting old and crotchety probably but the queues at every game are really starting to annoy me. When crowds are regularly bigger, surely as a venue you need to find new ways to check and admit people in good time, whether that’s different processes, more staff, opening more gates, and understanding what would make people go earlier. For many it won’t be a cheap pint, you have to drink standing up.

Frank Sidebottom

I sit in block 21.... saw large queues down that side of the stadium and walked round to the North stand and got straight in.

pusbccfc

Ironically, it's one of the easiest stadiums to get out of after a game.

Some away grounds can take 15 minutes to leave.

If there isn't enough turnstiles, or the checks are required to be that strict, they need to find a better way of getting people in earlier.

Sky Blue Pete

It was mad
Our turnstile there were no searches done
Sent email to sag and club

Kingokings204

I missed the opening 2 goals also. Arrived at 7.30pm which admittedly is later than I would like but still. The crowd was 10k down on a sell out and literally nothing seemed to be moving. As the OP said it was a mixture of things and the rain didn’t help. Fans were getting a bit irate to say the least.

Better planning and staffing needs to be put in place. It was a joke last night and needs sorting.

Skybluecol

We are singers corner but went around the club shop way to get in at the family stand as seemed little sales yesterday pm. It was madness and steward told us they'd been a "turnstile malfunction"
For every turnstile? It really does need looking at....my concern is that the people who make changes don't actually see the problems 1st hand....hope I'm wrong

Sky Blue Pete

New chief executive said he’d look and they have cameras
We are singers corner but went around the club shop way to get in at the family stand as seemed little sales yesterday pm. It was madness and steward told us they'd been a "turnstile malfunction"
For every turnstile? It really does need looking at....my concern is that the people who make changes don't actually see the problems 1st hand....hope I'm wrong

ccfctommy

it's bad every game
I left the Gas at 7.25 and was in for teams coming out versus Bristol City. the first game when they used those barriers. I do think its a paper ticket/phone thing.

Also, the stewards seem to search you once at the turnstile and not the queue before, which may help.

Grendel

20 minutes to get in having got there at 7.20 and loads behind me when I got in - yet the West Stand wasn’t full. It is poor.

edgy

7.15pm, 4 people in the queue for the first North Stand turnstile we came across. People do realise you can use any turnstile, right?

I was the only cause of delay, as the rain on my screen was messing with the barcode scan.

MalcSB

I was later than usual, my 1 hour drive having taken nearly 2 and a half because of road works, the accident on the M69 and reduced speed on M6. Walked straight in through north stand turnstiles at 7:15 although a guy in front was having trouble with a paper ticket. This was the usual issue with him having folded down the dotted lines and the ticket being too big for the scanner - surely that can be put right.

Appreciate other people will also have been held up because of traffic issues, but those choosing not to turn up until 15 minutes before KO have to take some responsibility for delays getting into the stadium.

SBAndy

It’s 100% the manual tickets that are the issue. Every game this season which has seen issue has been when paper tickets have been in circulation en masse. Middlesbrough first game, Oxford cup and now last night. Added to the fact it was raining so I would assume people wouldn’t get their tickets out to fold until at the gate.

As shmmeee says, the formatting of the tickets is a problem. If you fold along the dotted lines they don’t fit in the scanner. The security checks, etc I see as a secondary issue as they’re happening at every game and it’s only the ‘paper ticket’ games I’ve seen real issues.

Sky Blue Pete

The formatting of the paper tickets seems from the outside like an obvious easy win that would require no cost or staff training. @Sky Blue Pete did we ever ask if a better printed ticket format is possible? I can’t believe they’re forced by ticket master to a certain size for print at home.
It’s an excellent point

Marty

There are no issues, you just aren't turning up early enough and spending £12 on a pint and chips. Apparently

AJB1983

Got there at 710 as the teams were warming up. No issues, straight in.

Re the printed tickets, people do know you don’t have to print them and can just scan them from your phone? I’d imagine the vast majority of people can do that?

Sky Blue Pete

Re the printed tickets, people do know you don’t have to print them and can just scan them from your phone? I’d imagine the vast majority of people can do that?
Worth reminding and I always print and it takes seconds to get through just not for everyone

skyblueelephant76

It’s 100% the manual tickets that are the issue. Every game this season which has seen issue has been when paper tickets have been in circulation en masse. Middlesbrough first game, Oxford cup and now last night. Added to the fact it was raining so I would assume people wouldn’t get their tickets out to fold until at the gate.

As shmmeee says, the formatting of the tickets is a problem. If you fold along the dotted lines they don’t fit in the scanner. The security checks, etc I see as a secondary issue as they’re happening at every game and it’s only the ‘paper ticket’ games I’ve seen real issues.
I arrived early and only had two people in front of me (both with paper tickets). They spent 5 mins trying to get them to work and were then told to try another turnstile.

After they moved it took me 4 attempts to get in with my season ticket. The whole system isn't reliable.

pusbccfc

7.15pm, 4 people in the queue for the first North Stand turnstile we came across. People do realise you can use any turnstile, right?

I was the only cause of delay, as the rain on my screen was messing with the barcode scan.

The queues were longer in the North Stand by 7:30

pusbccfc

That wasn't working towards the end

Bertola

Rocked up about 7:15 last night and got through pretty smoothly compared to recent weeks. It seems to be the luck of the draw with which turnstile you get, but that shouldn't be the case

It's shit, the ground always has issues with big attendances, whether that's for Football or concerts. IT's as if the ground isn't capable of actually holding its attendance

Users who are viewing this thread