THE PROTEST EFFECT - Did it really make a difference ??? (1 Viewer)

Astute

Good point, ACL did say it would never happen if Sisu went ahead with it's JR appeal.

Do you mean assume? It isn't going to make an ass out of me.

So SISU appealed. An appeal that they would lose. An appeal that seems to have been dropped ehen the rental agreement was made. The same appeal that some said was their only bargaining tool.

NorthernWisdom

The fact that so few people went to Northampton was obviously the major factor in the club's U-turn and return to the Ricoh on a rental basis. Only a fool would deny that.

Call me a fool then.

They always knew crowds would be down, they even rented a ground that allowed for less people than the average gate, they even rented a ground which was going to decline in capacity during their tenure there.

The play was the important thing, nothing else... but why are we rehashing this?

letsallsingtogether

True but and at the same time Sisu told us NEVER GOING TO RENT THE RICOH AGAIN "Ownership or nothing" the exact words we had from Labo,Tim and Joy?????
Indeed and it was said negotiations were on going for several weeks - which suggests they were happening when the initial court case was actually happening .

Joy Division

Call me a fool then.

They always knew crowds would be down, they even rented a ground that allowed for less people than the average gate, they even rented a ground which was going to decline in capacity during their tenure there.

The play was the important thing, nothing else... but why are we rehashing this?

Fisher also predicted that a 3,000 crowd would be the absolute lowest they'd expect at Northampton.

SkyBlueSid

Call me a fool then.

Fisher said that we would all be back after 3 games. I was at the forum where he said it, and recall the laughter. He was spectacularly wrong and reckoned without the resolve of the real fans who were appalled at the move. Money is the important thing in football, and because of the fool Fisher they weren't getting any. We are 'rehashing it' because the OP asked a perfectly reasonable question.

I don't need to call you a fool, people can judge for themselves on that one.

Grendel

Fisher also predicted that a 3,000 crowd would be the absolute lowest they'd expect at Northampton.

Its interesting that fisher is quoted on here as a serial liar and we believe nothing he says - unless of course it suits an argument to believe him.

Even if the 3,000 is true the cost difference to what we actually averaged in the ground is minuscule and dwarfed by arsenal attendance, Wilson sale etc.

Joy Division

Its interesting that fisher is quoted on here as a serial liar and we believe nothing he says - unless of course it suits an argument to believe him.

Even if the 3,000 is true the cost difference to what we actually averaged in the ground is minuscule and dwarfed by arsenal attendance, Wilson sale etc.

I'm only going by what he actually said in the forum which was broadcast on CWR. He did say it, but make of it what you will.

Astute

Serial liars do tell the truth sometimes. Even you do Grendel ;)

Even if? Are you trying to say it might not have happened? And are you also saying that they never factored anything else other than ticket money? Like advertising income which was vastly reduced.

The statement about the 3,000 min he expected and the 7,000 when we are doing well is true as I was there and I laughed and then he came out with "you will be back after 3 games". That got a laugh as well, so stop trying to rewrite history it is all true unless you write it, in which case it might not be.

Grendel

The statement about the 3,000 min he expected and the 7,000 when we are doing well is true as I was there and I laughed and then he came out with "you will be back after 3 games". That got a laugh as well, so stop trying to rewrite history it is all true unless you write it, in which case it might not be.

So everything he says is true?

Indeed and it was said negotiations were on going for several weeks - which suggests they were happening when the initial court case was actually happening .

I think it started after they lost the JR. Look at when the telegraph started their campaign that is when it started as they knew about it.

Grendel

I think it started after they lost the JR. Look at when the telegraph started their campaign that is when it started as they knew about it.

That can't be right. ACL were saying they wouldn't talk until the money was paid and the appeal dropped.

Grendel

Sisu plan 3 to 5 years in northampton and build a new stadium, now a complete U-TURN. You hate to be wrong as your statement shows. Is it possible for you to do a U-TURN and admit you are wrong again?

Fisher has said we are building a new stadium hasn't he? You've just said he's honest as the day is long so new stadium it is.

Rusty Trombone

It didn't work - the club received 90% of the revenue even fisher allegedly budgeted for.

With 90% of the expected money coming in, why do you think they have decided to come back? I've no evidence obviously, but I think it's down to the inability to fund any more years away.

NorthernWisdom

With 90% of the expected money coming in, why do you think they have decided to come back? I've no evidence obviously, but I think it's down to the inability to fund any more years away.

They've been banging on all the time about wanting a temporary deal, they started off saying they wanted that.

Now you could argue that the pressure is in introducing the threat of competition, and that's the card that counts. In the charade that happened, any claims about a new stadium have looked utterly ludicrous. Maybe making them look a little less ludicrous works better as a tactic than anything yet done?

Maybe that's the more appropriate tactic to focus on?

J

Jack Griffin

Serial liars do tell the truth sometimes. Even you do Grendel ;)

Even if? Are you trying to say it might not have happened? And are you also saying that they never factored anything else other than ticket money? Like advertising income which was vastly reduced.

Personally I think they were shocked at the loss of good will. All the large local companies dropped their sponsorship deals, absolutely all of them.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I understand that it's available on Youtube - bit of a shame for those trying to re-write history :)

Users who are viewing this thread