THE PROTEST EFFECT - Did it really make a difference ??? (1 Viewer)

Well folks the dust has settled - we are back at the Ricoh - the fans are in a frenzy - expectations are high and people now have smiley faces.

Many of my cynical friends/family etc openly criticised me personally during the last 12 months stating that all the silly marches/banners/petitions etc would not sway the dreaded SISU movement arriving at a "return to the Ricoh" agreement.

I strongly beg to differ - but let us look at the facts:

* numerous fans forums
* two memorable 7,000+ fan marches into Broadgate
* Jimmy's Hill stand off at sixfields
* 90% fan boycott of Sixfields
* SISU London offices fan representation
* CET encouragement
* excellent pressure/organisation from Sk Blues Trust
* constant rapport and support from our Sky Blues Talk forum
* individual fan support through our local paper

There are more obviously

So the question is did all of this really play a significant part in the "final solution" or would it still have happened had we remained belly up with just token resistance ???

Thoughts ???

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Well folks the dust has settled - we are back at the Ricoh - the fans are in a frenzy - expectations are high and people now have smiley faces.

Many of my cynical friends/family etc openly criticised me personally during the last 12 months stating that all the silly marches/banners/petitions etc would not sway the dreaded SISU movement arriving at a "return to the Ricoh" agreement.

I strongly beg to differ - but let us look at the facts:

* numerous fans forums
* two memorable 7,000+ fan marches into Broadgate
* Jimmy's Hill stand off at sixfields
* 90% fan boycott of Sixfields
* SISU London offices fan representation
* CET encouragement
* excellent pressure/organisation from Sk Blues Trust
* constant rapport and support from our Sky Blues Talk forum
* individual fan support through our local paper

There are more obviously

So the question is did all of this really play a significant part in the "final solution" or would it still have happened had we remained belly up with just token resistance ???

Thoughts ???

Yes, But its not over yet.

Grendel

Let's see how many go to Scunthorpe at home on a feb evening then we will know.

Otis

To be quite honest I've stopped thinking about it and am just glad we are home.

It was very wrong to take the club 34 miles away, but now we are back and I feel it is time to look forwards rather than backwards.

Jim

The fact that our average gate at Sixfields was below Tim Fishers worst expectations must have affected the decision making at SISU.

The fans not going to Sixfields (except the few) had a big effect on SISU but loseing the JR was the end game. ACL signing up other teams to play there may have had a effect on sisu as well.

Seaside-Skyblue

I think that the underlying low attendance at sixfields was the underlying reason why we eventually came back. However, the protests etc helped support this in the fact it proved that we did in fact have more back bone than a jelly baby and we were not going to cave In and flock back to watch the team. It helped portray to SISU how strong we were collectively. Had they seen numbers gradually increase we may not have come back. So overall IMO every boycott and protest followed by court rulings all played their part.

Kingokings204

With comments like this make it hard to believe you have ccfc best interests at heart. It seems to just be a jibe at our current situation or fans.

We all know it won't be a sell out like Friday and what does this mean then?

Kingokings204

We should have stayed in Northampton

Grendel obviously has an issue against ccfc or the council or the Ricoh he will never admit it. He never answers the question and he was proved completely wrong about Northampton as a pervious poster said.

5k at the Ricoh is better than sixfields ever was.

My opinion every thing had a little effect and these little things built up to all make a difference. 90% who had a nopm choice definitely made a difference despite many stating it would bother sisu as they have loads of money. Sorry but you were proved wrong.

italiahorse

I don't care what other people think. I believe I made a difference.
I stand proud that I managed not to be part of the Sisu plan to remove the club from the Ricoh in a selfish attempt to get the stadium on the cheap.
I appreciate that some needed to go and I will try my hardest not to bear a grudge :cool:

Grendel

With comments like this make it hard to believe you have ccfc best interests at heart. It seems to just be a jibe at our current situation or fans.

We all know it won't be a sell out like Friday and what does this mean then?

How does the OP thread have the best interests at heart?

Kingokings204

I don't care what other people think. I believe I made a difference.
I stand proud that I managed not to be part of the Sisu plan to remove the club from the Ricoh in a selfish attempt to get the stadium on the cheap.
I appreciate that some needed to go and I will try my hardest not to bear a grudge :cool:

Completely agree. I'm not very proud about myself generally but I am very proud to not of stepped in sixfields and contribute to the death of ccfc.

Grendel

Grendel obviously has an issue against ccfc or the council or the Ricoh he will never admit it. He never answers the question and he was proved completely wrong about Northampton as a pervious poster said.

5k at the Ricoh is better than sixfields ever was.

My opinion every thing had a little effect and these little things built up to all make a difference. 90% who had a nopm choice definitely made a difference despite many stating it would bother sisu as they have loads of money. Sorry but you were proved wrong.

Didn't you say the club would be proved wrong by not signing Higdon for £250,000?

AndreasB

Completely agree. I'm not very proud about myself generally but I am very proud to not of stepped in sixfields and contribute to the death of ccfc.

Why, what else ya been up to then? Is it worse shit than watching a football game?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

In answer to the OP, the fan's protests were clearly more effective than SISU's attempts to distress ACL. Hence, we're back at the Ricoh, which is what we wanted. ACL are still running the show at the Ricoh, which isn't (as pointed out by a Judge) what SISU wanted.

Otis

And yet another slinging match ensues .... yawn.

We really need to move on here. What we need right now are bums on seats at the Ricoh and not just this Friday but from now on in. What's the point of keep going over the same old ground ad infinitum?

AndreasB

In answer to the OP, the fan's protests were clearly more effective than SISU's attempts to distress ACL. Hence, we're back at the Ricoh, which is what we wanted. ACL are still running the show at the Ricoh, which isn't (as pointed out by a Judge) what SISU wanted.

Agree. It's a good result which even a month ago looked impossible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Not sure how this is a response to the OP's question - or are you just pointing out we will have lower crowds at an unattractive match - albeit the numbers will be swelled by 5,000 of Gary McSheffrey's family ;)

skybluetony176

Didn't you say the club would be proved wrong by not signing Higdon for £250,000?

Didn't you say that losing the JR was always plan A so they could continue to distress ACL through further court action on CCC.

Coming back seems to blow your theory out the water doesn't it.

bigfatronssba

It will be about twice as many as most teams in this division would and that's what counts.

italiahorse

And yet another slinging match ensues .... yawn.

We really need to move on here. What we need right now are bums on seats at the Ricoh and not just this Friday but from now on in. What's the point of keep going over the same old ground ad infinitum?

To stop it from happening again ?
To make it clear that if fans stick together they can fight bully boys like Sisu ?

Grendel

Didn't you say that losing the JR was always plan A so they could continue to distress ACL through further court action on CCC.

Coming back seems to blow your theory out the water doesn't it.

Oh I wouldn't assume this is over yet if I were you.

J

Jack Griffin

It will be about twice as many as most teams in this division would and that's what counts.

Selling 15K tickets (and maybe more in a few days) is what counts.. that is the equivalent of 5 or 6 matches at Sixfields.

Users who are viewing this thread