The pressure is on us (1 Viewer)

skybluek

The pressure is really on us we have to keep picking up the points untill we get out of the relagation zone and hope results go our way but now more than ever we will see how good thorn is as a manager we will see his man management and his tatical changed more than ever in thorn I believe

Paxman II

I don't think anything has changed skybluek other than 6 points and 2 wins. That takes some pressure off the team at West Ham as we would not have thought about getting anything there before those 2 wins.
West ham have just hit an impasse this last couple of games and maybe we can go with confidence into the game and get some thing from it and if not no one at this stage will worry too much over that. At home we must keep winning and look to pick up some wins away but those are less likely at places like West Ham tbf.
What I do think has changed is Mc.Sheffrey playing up front where he should be and he will be a goal threat from that position off the shoulder of Juke.
I remain optimistic and hope we don't slip back into defeatism.

skybluek

I don't think anything has changed skybluek other than 6 points and 2 wins. That takes some pressure off the team at West Ham as we would not have thought about getting anything there before those 2 wins.
West ham have just hit an impasse this last couple of games and maybe we can go with confidence into the game and get some thing from it and if not no one at this stage will worry too much over that. At home we must keep winning and look to pick up some wins away but those are less likely at places like West Ham tbf.
What I do think has changed is Mc.Sheffrey playing up front where he should be and he will be a goal threat from that position off the shoulder of Juke.
I remain optimistic and hope we don't slip back into defeatism.

now really people around us have to play each other to get out of the shit we need every player fighting and scraping like every game is a cup final do narrowly avoid the r word and compete with teams at the top even though with don't have the sane quality as them but if you make our players feel like they are just as good as those in west ham and southampton we will pick up big points in big matches

ICHAN

I think those around us will start to look at us as well, now that we have won a couple of games.

The beauty is at the moment it is in our hands, if the players carry on with the determination and charachter they have shown over the last couple of games the gap will soon close on the teams above us, and it will be them who will start panicking.

The players will start to play a bit more relaxed and not try to force things now hopefully and so the confidance will grow with each game.
We are not going to win every game we all know that but lets just hope as it should have done the back to back wins will show that they can win games, keep clean sheets and scrap out a win when needed and hang on to the lead.

Sisu-infidels

The key will be away from home, one of 2 teams in the entire four divisions to still wait on a win away! It is reminiscent of a season a few years ago when we went the whole season with no win.....difference been that year our home form saved us! Unless we win 10 home games between now and season end( which I very much doubt) we will need points away from home if we match the 3 pointswe have in the second half of the season we will be firmly in the mire! Why do we struggle away so badly? The away support is immense in the current circumstances so it maybe is a mentality thing for the players? Let's hope we get more away from the Ricoh second half of the season starting with at least a point tomorrow! Pusb :)

skybluek

The key will be away from home, one of 2 teams in the entire four divisions to still wait on a win away! It is reminiscent of a season a few years ago when we went the whole season with no win.....difference been that year our home form saved us! Unless we win 10 home games between now and season end( which I very much doubt) we will need points away from home if we match the 3 pointswe have in the second half of the season we will be firmly in the mire! Why do we struggle away so badly? The away support is immense in the current circumstances so it maybe is a mentality thing for the players? Let's hope we get more away from the Ricoh second half of the season starting with at least a point tomorrow! Pusb :)

good to see positive thinking

Nonleagueherewecome

I think we struggle away as we lack pace, so are unable to play on the counter effectively. Yesterdays Sheff Special was maybe our first counter-attacking goal of the season, so maybe his move up front and Deegans enthusiasm at "pushing out" from defensive positions will give us more joy henceforth?

TheHellion

The pressure scenario can equally work both ways. Two games ago, all the pressure was on us and the gap looked rather akin to staring up at Everest. Now, suddenly after two wins, that mountain don't seem to be so big. Don't get me wrong, we still have a heck of a long way to go before the pressure is off, but now we've won two games, the others will be keeping an eye on us. To borrow a quote from a film "This should give them something to think about...."

Disorganised1

I guess the West Ham game will tell us if this is Spring or just a couple of swallows. A point means summer is coming, but a good display could mean it too.

ccfc_Tom

Biggest game of season so far, if we get smashed it will most likely undo all the hard work from the last 2 matches whereas if we can win it would hopefully be the start of a special end to the season. I would be fairly happy with a point so long as we played well, we can do it!

Astute

The reason we are at the bottom is not playing badly. Not having a crap defence either. It has been a lack of goals. If Sheffers and Juke can keep it up we will be safe. Deegan also makes a big difference in our attacking play and also giving our opponents something to think about. If we don't sign anyone else this season we need to keep these three fit.

ICHAN

Let's hope we can get at least a draw today to keep the confidance and momentum going, think we could scrape a win for some reason,if the lads show the same spirit and commitment as they have the last 1 and a half games I think we do have a chance tonight.

sy79

On my way to west ham now, well east ham no wonder all southerners are "confused" but all my hammer mates recon we will scrape a win, not sure if they're setting me up for a fall tho! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread