The power of Mowbray (1 Viewer)

donald_trumps

If we get to Christmas in the top few places, imagine if we can retain Kent and Armstrong for the rest of the season and then add three more players to this squad (and get Maddison back) - we will be so strong for a promotion push! PUSB ITWT

Skyblueweeman

Hopefully it we're doing well by Xmas/Jan, Newcastle and Liverpool may want to see their players development continue for the rest of the season. The way Newcastles season is going though, they might wish to recall Armstrong at the end of the loan. A player full of confidence and scoring regularly might be just what they need come January, especially if Ashley doesn't give McLaren any money in the transfer window.

Probably going to go to Swindon away...looking forward to seeing them both.

donald_trumps

I used to play to quite a high level as a striker - but the thought of playing against Reda puts the absolute fear of god into me!! What a beast!

ready_96

If we're still in the top 6 by January, The decisions Liverpool and Newcastle have to make could be vital. Obviously TM will have replacements lined up, but will they have the same levels of success that Armstrong and Kent have?
We will have Maddison back but will he be the same player after his injury?

I do feel like were getting out muscled a lot, Southend kicked us about a bit and so did chesterfield on Saturday. It's a shame Vincelot and fleck aren't half a foot taller and a bit more aggressive, thats the only draw back i can see.

We need to keep AA at january and TM needs to bring in a few fresh faces to liven everything up ready for the inevitable play off final penalty shoot out, because we miss out on an automatic place by a point....

bringbackrattles

This squad of players that Mowbray has assembled has the potential to have a good season and should at least be aiming for a top six position.The football they played at times on Saturday was Championship standard albeit league One finishing.But with this squad staying fit etc and with a couple more additions,the sky's the limit !

covcity4life

maybe a promotion will show sisu what success feels like, maybe they will up budget for championship maybe not. but as long as mowbray has full control of it could see us challenging at top end of championship within 1-3 years. if he stays that long

Otis

We just have to accept though, that with so many youngsters in the team, on occasion we are going to fail to turn up, be that of being outfoxed or lacking the experience (i.e. Ryan Kent and his first inclusion into first team football).

We still have enough about us though to do a lot of damage in this division and I think we can maintain this kind of position in the league as long as we don't get hit with major injuries.

ajsccfc

It felt like a bit of a coup for him to agree to join us in the first place, even more so when he signed a proper contract, and now that's extending to a number of players he's brought in or kept who wouldn't have done so for another manager. It's an oddly optimistic time, I forgot how that felt.

rob9872

Norwich,Leicester,Swansea,Bournemouth,all have been in League One and look where they are now.I like your positivity and why not !

You can add Southampton, Man City and Stoke to that list

chiefdave

If we're still in the top 6 by January, The decisions Liverpool and Newcastle have to make could be vital. Obviously TM will have replacements lined up, but will they have the same levels of success that Armstrong and Kent have?

There's a lot of young players in our squad and it seems to have helped Armstrong and Kent settle in quickly. I would think if we're in the top 6 in January both players will be wanting to stay and unless Liverpool or Newcastle are planning to put them into the first team I don't see any reason they would loan them elsewhere.

Covstu

Kent isnt going into the Liverpool squad thats for sure so i think there is a strong chance we will keep him, equally I think we can keep Armstrong as no matter how poor Newcastle are playing i think they will opt for their 'tried and trusted' players. I suppose the question may come down to finance, i.e. are we paying their wages in full or not and can we sustain that.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Kent isnt going into the Liverpool squad thats for sure so i think there is a strong chance we will keep him, equally I think we can keep Armstrong as no matter how poor Newcastle are playing i think they will opt for their 'tried and trusted' players. I suppose the question may come down to finance, i.e. are we paying their wages in full or not and can we sustain that.
I think the question will be do Newcastle and Liverpool want the players to make the step up and test them in championship as the next stage of there development.

Liverpool and Newcastle aren't bothered about whether we go up or not, they are only interested in the development of the players.

covcity4life

next year lets get them back for championship

year after get them back on loan for first season in prem

it will be like they signed permanently!

torchomatic

It was that long away when someone smacked Man City 8-1. Can't remember who it was.

I forgot that Man City were down that low and I'm sure Chelsea had a season too ?

bringbackrattles

Hate to bring it up but in the Jimmy Hill halcyon era Leicester beat us 8-1 in the League Cup and so I know how Man City fans must have felt that day !

rupert_bear

It is down to money for example a club in the top six of the championship in January let's say Hull might pay million quid for a free scoring Adam Armstrong to help them get promotion just for six months and pay higher wages and bonuses, hard for the likes of us to compete with

rob9872

Armstrong could be playing against us next season in the championship for Newcastle. I hope they stay up (at Villas expense) if only hso they loan him back again

Users who are viewing this thread