The positives – Had time to reflect as not the end of the world (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

I somehow was expecting the announcement over the decision to play at St Andrews as soon as it was published the club had found land at Warwick university earlier in the week – There will be many negatives flying about - but the positives are that it doesn’t really matter that we are playing at St Andrews this season as who knows when fans will be allowed back in stadiums and at what capacity – Possibly we might be due a second wave that could lead to zero fans all season – it also gives time for the EU legal decision to be announced and maybe that then can finally be put to bed (not sure if you can appeal) The pitch will not now be a worry which was another stumbling block

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's not like playing there last season was a disaster.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
So many people are saying "the club will be dead". The same people have said this for years about everything.

It's almost as if they are hoping for it.

Brighton Sky Blue

The problem will come when fans are fully allowed back in and we are hamstrung by having artificially lower crowds. For as long as it’s BCD the damage is limited but Robins will again have to pull off a minor miracle

covcity4life

I think it was alot easier to take last year when felt short term

Now we have no idea if we will ever play in cov again

shmmeee

So many people are saying "the club will be dead". The same people have said this for years about everything.

It's almost as if they are hoping for it.

You think Grendel wants the club dead?

The club won’t die. It’s life support machine is the same it ever was. I’d be surprised if we stay in the Championship through five years of playing to 7-10k thiugh.

Nick

Administrator
Now we have no idea if we will ever play in cov again

I am not sure why people are only just seeing this.

A few people were saying this the day Wasps were sold the Ricoh, regardless of our owners the issue was repairable with with the potential of new owners. That decision made it irreversible, people were too busy blinded by the fancy Wasps PR.

covcity4life

I am not sure why people are only just seeing this.

A few people were saying this the day Wasps were sold the Ricoh, regardless of our owners the issue was repairable with with the potential of new owners. That decision made it irreversible, people were too busy blinded by the fancy Wasps PR.

I don't thibk anyone in a position to predict what would happen to be honest

I felt wasps would be better landlords thsn cov council. I didn't expect council to be their puppet masters back then

Nick

Administrator
I don't thibk anyone in a position to predict what would happen to be honest

I felt wasps would be better landlords thsn cov council. I didn't expect council to be their puppet masters back then

It was pretty obvious what would happen, hence some people werent getting all excited with the "great for our city" type shit like the Trust were.

It was always going to damage the club long term, regardless of who owned us.

covcity4life

It was pretty obvious what would happen, hence some people werent getting all excited with the "great for our city" type shit like the Trust were.

It was always going to damage the club long term, regardless of who owned us.
Well it made it harder for club to ever own ricoh thats for sure

We(the club) have to find a way to win this war now . Warwick stadium seems only way to do it now as very worried council will bail out wasps under guise of covid/local business bullshit

Cavan O'Doherty

It really is telling the way we’ve been treated as fans that some people are finding the positives of spending a 2nd season outside of our home city. It’s as if people have become numb and accepting to it all, any other club and there would be outrage. There are no positives to this sorry mess, it may not effect us this season but if we’re spending at least 5 years at St Andrews expect us to at best languish in league one. Then what happens if there’s no new stadium? It’s not exactly like Sisu have got history of delivering on their promises.

Sky Blue Harry H

Wasps having come out with the 'there was no indemnity clause bit' is interesting. There seems to have been a recent good working relationship between CCFC and SISU, so I would be surprised if the CCFC staff have been completely blindsided by this. If Wasps have offered a reasonable deal (?) then our withdrawal from talks seems an obvious move to distress Wasps (with a view to obtaining the Ricoh) and thereby making me sceptical of the Warwick University base (albeit St Andrews during Covid, with limited crowds may be a better short term model). I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see what the 'nearly agreement' details were. Please, somebody leak them! I hate Wasps, but will be royally pissed off if the Univ of Warwick plan isn't now pursued.

Nick

Administrator
It really is telling the way we’ve been treated as fans that some people are finding the positives of spending a 2nd season outside of our home city. It’s as if people have become numb and accepting to it all, any other club and there would be outrage. There are no positives to this sorry mess, it may not effect us this season but if we’re spending at least 5 years at St Andrews expect us to at best languish in league one. Then what happens if there’s no new stadium? It’s not exactly like Sisu have got history of delivering on their promises.

Outrage in what way? People are pissed off.

Let's face it, people would have been saying we would be getting relegated and not challenging at St Andrews.

Sky Blue Harry H

We(the club) have to find a way to win this war now . Warwick stadium seems only way to do it now as very worried council will bail out wasps under guise of covid/local business bullshit
Agree - although can't see how the Council can sustain the Wasps - would cost a fortune and would come under all sorts of scrutiny. That really would be a time to get some CCFC fans in as Councillors.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I somehow was expecting the announcement over the decision to play at St Andrews as soon as it was published the club had found land at Warwick university earlier in the week – There will be many negatives flying about - but the positives are that it doesn’t really matter that we are playing at St Andrews this season as who knows when fans will be allowed back in stadiums and at what capacity – Possibly we might be due a second wave that could lead to zero fans all season – it also gives time for the EU legal decision to be announced and maybe that then can finally be put to bed (not sure if you can appeal) The pitch will not now be a worry which was another stumbling block

Can certainly understand the thinking

Only thing I would say is that either side can appeal the EU decision so I fear that element is nowhere near over

D

Deleted member 2477

The alternative is being back at the ricoh being held to ransom by wasps and the council with no income than match day tickets whilst we keep wasps a float. There is also the pitch issue which from what i saw of it last season and the season before is not suitable or fit for purpose to play any football on and would have hindered us this season.

the council and wasps want their cake and to eat it whilst getting us to pay for it no doubt at a higher rate because we are in the championship.

time to accept that we wont be back at the ricoh again and we now need to move forward with our own ground. if that means playing outside the city for the short term good of the club then so be it and hopefully the wasps and council fall flat on their face and are left with the crumbling white elephant of the wasps nest

Maupet

No need to panic..no fans allowed until at least October, so no ticket income no matter where we play. This will stress wasps more than us. I reckon we'll be back when fans are allowed in

win9nut

Well it made it harder for club to ever own ricoh thats for sure

That's my worry too.
I reckon Wasps will go pop before any new ground is built unless this happens.

Users who are viewing this thread