The positive in all this is (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

Pace and leadership is our problem - tell me who the leaders are on the pitch because it certainly isn't Kilbane, and actually Doyle had a few good seasons with us - he provided a great foil for Wise when we had our highest Championship finish, and was instrumental in midfield when we had the decent run under Dowie.

Cadamateri not only provided pace he provided leadership and know-how. Jennings is not better than Doyle, and although i like Thomas neither he or Henderson are more effective than Doyle in the central midfield holding role.

Fine our opinions on Doyle clearly differ, but I can't agree that Doyle is better than Jennings etc. As good as perhaps

SkyBlue_Bear83

Adriano Basso (GK), Darius Vassell (ST), David Connoly (ST) and Mikel Forrsell (ST) are all still free agents. Does anyone feel any of these could add anything?

stupot07

Connolly's 35 so is probably a couple of seasons too old, Vassell would add pace....not sure about Forrsell amd Basso

Grendel

Fine our opinions on Doyle clearly differ, but I can't agree that Doyle is better than Jennings etc. As good as perhaps

Career stats suggest otherwise.

I am not a huge Doyle fan but he gives a disciplined performance week in week out and gives energy and fight which our present midfield do not.

Otis

Back to the original point though, you have to say that 17 points adrift after only 8 games when we were one of the favourites to go up is an utter disgrace!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Back to the original point though, you have to say that 17 points adrift after only 8 games when we were one of the favourites to go up is an utter disgrace!
I agree, I was convinced we could have a go at making the play offs this year. 5 defeats in a row in this league is shocking

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Isn't it 4 teams for relegation from this league as well, as opposed to 3 from the "higher ups"?

ClarrieB

To be honest i had no idea we were 17 points behind Tranmere until I checked the tables just before posting on this thread. Been so busy concentrating on the City's woes at the bottom that I've only been looking at that end of the table.

Was a real shock to see us 17 points behind 1st place after just 8 games. That is just incredible and also beyond belief.

Even those of us who said we could struggle would have never, ever predicted that.

Ahem - Think I did Otis!

ClarrieB

Something to that effect - I said promotion would be out of site by Christmas - doesn't that count as coming close in your eyes - almost everyone else was saying would hammer the league - I'll try to find the post

BackRoomRummermill

At least this chaos has happened now at this time of the season.

I will reserve any silly comments on how we will end up until the end of October-Mid November.

It is still early days and silly posts from some people saying they will no longer support the club are in fairness ridiculous.

Your correct OTIS and if we get a good run and who knows......... we live in hope !

ClarrieB

At least this chaos has happened now at this time of the season.

I will reserve any silly comments on how we will end up until the end of October-Mid November.

It is still early days and silly posts from some people saying they will no longer support the club are in fairness ridiculous.

Your correct OTIS and if we get a good run and who knows......... we live in hope !

You say that - but the investment is proportional - many cannot justify the cost if all they get is failure - in fact I would suggest more fans stay away than come to the Ricoh - that's their right.

Maybe some people can afford it more than others

BackRoomRummermill

You say that - but the investment is proportional - many cannot justify the cost if all they get is failure - in fact I would suggest more fans stay away than come to the Ricoh - that's their right.

Maybe some people can afford it more than others

To be honest I have no clue how your response is connected to my thread? I am just trying to comment on that it is early days and lets wait and see.

I have never mentioned stay away fans or indeed investment:confused:

torchomatic

Robins had two days didn't he to see the team. He probably played a side recommended by "Shawsy". I wonder what notes he was making?

"Don't play that lad at right back again"
"Don't play that bloke at left-back again"

He's probably seeing if his contract has a cooling-off period!

BackRoomRummermill

No worries, I agree with what your saying.

A big decline no doubt. I wish we could get some new money in but it is a vicious circle, who would wanna buy a mismanaged club on every level.

Nonleagueherewecome

Fair point, the solid teams we have played against were exactly that a solid team however you can also see why saints, sheff wed, leeds, forest all came back up relatively quickly. If you have all the above attributes and add a little quality then you can walk this league, the problem is we only seem to have the quality (sounds wrong but i know what i mean;))

I haven't read the rest of the thread, but I hope that someone pointed out the irony that NONE of the "big clubs" you cite as getting out of this division "relatively quickly" did so at the first attempt!

ClarrieB

No worries, I agree with what your saying.

A big decline no doubt. I wish we could get some new money in but it is a vicious circle, who would wanna buy a mismanaged club on every level.

To some investors it could be an interesting proposition, the fact we've been mismanaged beens that with correct management we could actually be a worthwhile cause.

I think though, that our owners probably overvalued our club and as such no investor would be tempted to pay more than something is worth unless they can make their return's elsewhere in the club i.e. The Stadium Ownership

BackRoomRummermill

To some investors it could be an interesting proposition, the fact we've been mismanaged beens that with correct management we could actually be a worthwhile cause.

I think though, that our owners probably overvalued our club and as such no investor would be tempted to pay more than something is worth unless they can make their return's elsewhere in the club i.e. The Stadium Ownership

I could not have put that better , where we go from here off the pitch who knows.

Nonleagueherewecome

I think that's partly what attracted SISU to us. Oops...

Users who are viewing this thread