The Players who will be forgotten (1 Viewer)

jto123

Watched a video of Carl Baker celebrating our promotion and got me thinking about players who performed for us when we really were a lost cause. I'd put a vote for Reda Johnson, who I thought was a real rock at the back. Any other players come to mind?.....Also, we're on ouuuuurrr wayyyyy!!!

Reactions: RFC

RFC

Watched a video of Carl Baker celebrating our promotion and got me thinking about players who performed for us when we really were a lost cause. I'd put a vote for Reda Johnson, who I thought was a real rock at the back. Any other players come to mind?.....Also, we're on ouuuuurrr wayyyyy!!!

Hobo

Both over rated. They were loved by some fans because we were that poor.

jto123

In a way you could say the whole squad And manager from the Northampton season. -10 points and went on a flier under Pressley. Won’t be legends but they gave it a good go under horrible circumstances to play

Fantastic point! That really was an incredible effort!

Walsgrave

Leon Clarke and David McGoldrick for their goals. Adam Barton and Franck Moussa were both combative midfielders who always put in a shift.

Last edited:

JulianDarbyFTW

I always like Blair Adams. Was genuinely peed off when he was let go, but to be fair his career hasn't exactly taken off. Also that midfielder we had on loan from...Derby?...around the same time. He always looked decent, but perhaps it was just that he wasn't as shit as some of the others.

baldy

Just double checking...you did mean to write 'rock' right? Haha

jto123

Personally I rarely forget a player but in particular those not those who’ve made a massive contribution, ‘Stokesey’ ‘Grimmer’ ‘Willis’ ‘Burgey’ ‘Sparky’ and many, many more. Far too many to mention.

I don't think any player from the successful league two season will be forgotten as that will always be seen as contributing to our rise. I'm thinking more the downfall from the championship into league two.

Reactions: TTG

SlowerThanPlatt

I always like Blair Adams. Was genuinely peed off when he was let go, but to be fair his career hasn't exactly taken off. Also that midfielder we had on loan from...Derby?...around the same time. He always looked decent, but perhaps it was just that he wasn't as shit as some of the others.
Petrasso from QPR?

Frostie

James Bailey

Sky Blue Harry H

I quite liked (but was wrong!) Calum Reilly ? Thought he might make it with us, but not sure he made it anywhere much. Burton, then lower level?

Sky Blue Harry H

Nathan Ecclestone anyone?

Danny Swanson?
Was it Swanson or McIndoe who talked about not liking to blow smoke out of his own arse about what a great player he was. Whichever one it was, they weren't.

Users who are viewing this thread