The pitch (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I'm by no means blaming the pitch for anything, but it looked awful. Loads of bobbles as well.

You can tell it must be quite bad as they moved the kick for cash too.

There was hardly any grass in the corner by the telegraph stand and Tesco stand

Kingokings204

I'm by no means blaming the pitch for anything, but it looked awful. Loads of bobbles as well.

You can tell it must be quite bad as they moved the kick for cash too.

There was hardly any grass in the corner by the telegraph stand and Tesco stand

I agree but it is January and it's been awful weather so there we are.

It wasn't that bad and clearly not the reason we lost so take it or leave it for me.

Hobo

Pitch was playable for both sides. No way did the pitch influence the result. Both sides played passing football. Both keepers made good saves. Burton just created slightly better chances and took them.

kdrinkell

Arma falling over when nobody was near him shows you how bad it was in the far corner near the posh seats

stupot07

A few players slipped

They did, fleck slipped 2-3 times in the second half, stokes slipped. In fact Mowbray mentioned the pitch in his post match interview. I agree that it's same for both teams though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

rob9872

As bad as I've seen it since we moved there. Fookin Rugby!

Same for both sides, but far more of a hindrance to our style than theirs.

letsallsingtogether

No, it's saying the pitch that was re laid a few months ago is awful.

It isn't the reason or one of the reasons we lost, but it could be in a couple of months

Utter shite both teams play on it, we on the other hand will play on it regularly so should really get used to it.

Nick

Administrator
Utter shite both teams play on it, we on the other hand will play on it regularly so should really get used to it.
Depends if one team plays balls across the floor or the other plays direct. Come end of Feb it could be in a right state

It no impact today, it could though!

westofrayne

First of all - The pitch did not cause us to lose today, both teams played on it.

The type of football we want to play is on the deck, fast passing and movement, if the surface is uneven then the confidence the players have with the balls to/from them will decrease. (same for both sides but it's our home pitch, it should suit us, but at present it doesn't).

Rugby/Football stadium pitches don't last, the only way this would happen is a 3G pitch, some football grounds that share with rugby have a 3G pitch, not saying it the answer by the way.

The fanfare last season about the relaying of the pitch was a smokescreen, there is no way a pitch will withstand rugby and football without it becoming bobbley add to this the fact the pitch during the summer will spend a fair amount of time under cover due to the number on concerts then I'm afraid next seasons pitch will be worse.

Therefore we are going to have to adapt to the surface, as fast, if we have a dull wet spring then the pitch condition will worsen before it gets better.

skybluepm2

Nobody has said it effected the result today though...

Just watched the goals again. Big bobble affected Fleck's attempted pass back to our defence in the build up to our second goal (although there were several avoidable incidents where we shot ourselves in the door directly after!! A collection of errors from fleck, stokes, cook and Maddison).

westofrayne

Nobody has said it effected the result today though...

I know you didn't but somebody we try and make the link.

Its true pitch is a mess, yes the weather has been bad, but other pitches that are duel use are in better condition.

We have had a warm start to winter and the grass has continued to grow, now the cold weather is here things will go down hill until spring sets in.

Nick

Administrator
Just watched the goals again. Big bobble affected Fleck's attempted pass back to our defence in the build up to our second goal (although there were several avoidable incidents where we shot ourselves in the door directly after!! A collection of errors from fleck, stokes, cook and Maddison).
just noticed that :( didn't realise at the time

Londonccfcfan

I know you didn't but somebody we try and make the link.

Its true pitch is a mess, yes the weather has been bad, but other pitches that are duel use are in better condition.

We have had a warm start to winter and the grass has continued to grow, now the cold weather is here things will go down hill until spring sets in.

Cant blame weather for the pitch. Was watching Villa game when I got in...pitch there looked pristine this evening! Just the fact Rugby effect I'm afraid.

westofrayne

Cant blame weather for the pitch. Was watching Villa game when I got in...pitch there looked pristine this evening! Just the fact Rugby effect I'm afraid.

On one of my previous comments on this thread says Its that rugby/football don't work, the weather dosnt help, rugby being played on it is killing the surface., but its not our pitch, so our club needs to speak to the landlords, in the meantime we need to adjust our game to suit the surface

SkyBlue_Bear83

What are the supposed life spans on these pitches? Can't see Wasps replacing it again in the summer, in 12 months times its going to be terrible.

What technology do Bristol City use for there pitch. They have a rugby team play on it and it always seems to be perfect when I've seen it.

wingy

What are the supposed life spans on these pitches? Can't see Wasps replacing it again in the summer, in 12 months times its going to be terrible.

What technology do Bristol City use for there pitch. They have a rugby team play on it and it always seems to be perfect when I've seen it.
Same re Swansea.
If you sit high it's been looking a little thin for a month or so.
I'm not convinced it's to do with playing to different sports or 4 games a month.
It just doesn't look very thick and is being cut horrendously short for either code.

Nick

Administrator
Same re Swansea.
I'm not convinced it's to do with playing to different sports or 4 games a month.
It just doesn't look very thick and is being cut horrendously short for either code.

Yep, down in the corners it is shocking :(

fernandopartridge

Same re Swansea.
The heroes of European rugby have instated the best pitch ever so stop dissing

Nick

Administrator
Let's not take it down that route...

Although any pictures of the pitch wouldn't go a miss!

Users who are viewing this thread