The pitch/style of play/results (1 Viewer)

lordy_87

Just been thinking, the way we have been controlling games and passing the ball has been excellent so far. However I am a bit concerned that as the Ricoh pitch inevitably begins to deteriorate when London Wasps get on it that we won't be able to do that like we have been doing so far. I'll be interested to see how it holds up in the winter months but I am a little worried that our results could worsen especially in the winter months where we can't knock it around like we did yesterday. No real particular points to make in it. Just something I've been thinking.

Evo1883

Just been thinking, the way we have been controlling games and passing the ball has been excellent so far. However I am a bit concerned that as the Ricoh pitch inevitably begins to deteriorate when London Wasps get on it that we won't be able to do that like we have been doing so far. I'll be interested to see how it holds up in the winter months but I am a little worried that our results could worsen especially in the winter months where we can't knock it around like we did yesterday. No real particular points to make in it. Just something I've been thinking.

I think we will find a way .. like towards the end of last season it was very turgid at times but we ground out the results.. many teams will suffer the same in many ways .. especially if we have a bad autumn / winter .

Liquid Gold

Pitch looks reasonable so far.

I hope when the rugby fixtures come out they are smart enough to have us on opposite weekends and then get the lights on it all week

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Pitch looks reasonable so far.

I hope when the rugby fixtures come out they are smart enough to have us on opposite weekends and then get the lights on it all week

And having a hevey roller on the pitch, like they do in cricket would help.

CDK

If pitch playing surface cuts up quicker as season gets older think it will play into our advantage as playing on it regularly as we will know what to expect.

Last edited:

lordy_87

Let’s not pretend St Andrews was a carpet last season.
Absolutely not, but this year I think we're definitely trying to dictate games more, keep the ball on the deck and get on the front foot, which will be difficult on a poor surface.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Like any pitch,lawn, it's only as good as the work you put into it.

Users who are viewing this thread