The penny drops for Presley (1 Viewer)

mattylad

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/sky-blues-start-hunt-head-4731424 nicely tooked away beneath the statement about a replacement for what is basically Waggots job he mentions that the ostracised players will be back at Ryton from Monday and that the transfer market is slow. (or in other words he can't find them clubs, wont be able to replace until they are gone, has fukced his preseason up and is going to have to back pedal through a world of shit)

stupot07

Interesting that you neglected to say that they will train separately from the squad, so no they're not back in the fold..

They will train separately from the manager’s chosen squad as the club tries to offload the likes of Gary McSheffrey and Steve Jennings in a summer when the wage bill will drop from more than £4million a year to around £2m.

“The situation is they will return to the group on Monday and go through a similar sort of pre-season,” said Pressley of the players.

“I think they are all working towards finding other clubs and we’re trying to negotiate certain players out of the football club.

torchomatic

The 'not one penny more' drops for Pressley. Small, teenage squad.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Grendel

Think he will find that there quite happy to see there lovely contracts out,so good luck with bringing players in.......

If they do then I would think your anger would logically be directed at the players. If they adopt that attitude it also shows the decision is correct.

At the end of their contracts - some have two years to go - they will effectively be unemployable.

Sky Blue Harry H

If they do then I would think your anger would logically be directed at the players. If they adopt that attitude it also shows the decision is correct.

At the end of their contracts - some have two years to go - they will effectively be unemployable.

And if you were on 5k a week for the next 2 years, would you 'give it up' - it's the equivalent of turning down say £300k, if they can't get more than say £2k a week elsewhere, which they probably can't. Don't mind getting shot of them, but it's not their fault IMHO

SkyblueBazza

Think he will find that there quite happy to see there lovely contracts out,so good luck with bringing players in.......

Exactly the kind of attitude I would not want in my squad. If they stay we have to pay them not play them -although after the humbling experience maybe they will dig deep & find the right kind of attitude & fighting team spirit - then be welcomed back!? f they go we gain by freeing up some budget, removing unwelcome influence, allow for new & younger leaders with better attitude to emerge in the squad & create a more unified team approach as opposed to a "do you know who I am?" approach.

Well done SP if it works, brilliant! If it doesn't work, we will be no worse off.

Hadenough

brainwashed by Sisu

who gave them these contracts?? .....if your can't think of the correct answer use : Ray Ranson AKA Scape Goat

Correct Answer: Sisu

walk out today and be unemployed or sit on a 2 year deal until a deal comes along:thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

SkyblueBazza

And if you were on 5k a week for the next 2 years, would you 'give it up' - it's the equivalent of turning down say £300k, if they can't get more than say £2k a week elsewhere, which they probably can't. Don't mind getting shot of them, but it's not their fault IMHO

The attitude of sitting it out shows no desire to play anyway. So we have to pay them whatever happens. If we can pay them less & get them out all the better.

Grendel

Only 2 of them are likely to be on that much. Three definitely will not be. Players are moved on a the time and this is no different. Interestingly when the popular sisu puppet thorn did to Eastwood it was a sign of strong management. This is apparently weak and misguided.

Mcsheffrey and bell are often ridiculed and lampooned on here so no one should be surprised. Malaga was exiled last season and Jennings has been poor. Dunne needs a new club anyway. I may have kept the other one (edjuingele)

These players know the score. Their agents will be trying to secure contracts elsewhere and if we can get rid of at least 4 the excercise will have been worth it. Season long loans elsewhere are also an option.

bigfatronssba

What happens with regard to ffp if they cant be sold?

Chipfat

SP remarked about hiring someone who controls scouts up and down the country and signing players on the correct length of deal, which is very hard to do and secondly an admittance that signing players on a 3 year deal is a club error.. Remember this was done to create higher assets on a balance sheet fook all to do with the player development of CCFC and guess who is back controling the money..

Todays problems are caused by yesterdays errors that these people keep making,, i expect a post back about my education, my wage, my grammer and whatever is thrown in to mis direct but SISU problems today are of there own making.. And for this do not deserve support or to be defended the longer this goes on the more we learn, see and most dispise on how we are in this situation. Which is why players ridiculed last year are praised and defended today SISU'S errors not players or the fans, but both are in a bad place at the hands of these owners...

Last edited:

shy_tall_knight

Why is our playing budget being cut so dramatically? cos are owners are planning to move us out of the city where crowds will fall massively - is this another tactic to shift the blame for our problems onto Bell and Sheffers.

FFP - won't stop a non-debt cash injection from our new owners otium but like SISU they will quote FFP to justify non-investment.

lordsummerisle

who gave them these contracts?? .....if your can't think of the correct answer use : Ray Ranson AKA Scape Goat

:thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

Scapegoat? The biggest c**t out of all of them and the reason that fucking Sisu are here in the first place.

stupot07

Why is our playing budget being cut so dramatically? cos are owners are planning to move us out of the city where crowds will fall massively - is this another tactic to shift the blame for our problems onto Bell and Sheffers.

FFP - won't stop a non-debt cash injection from our new owners otium but like SISU they will quote FFP to justify non-investment.

We would need to cut the wage bill even if we stay at the Ricoh. And what's non-investment? And are you saying that FFP doesn't exist?

shy_tall_knight

A sponsorship deal arranged by another SISU group company would give the club cash without increasing its debt. Man CIty's stadium sponsorship deal is how thy intend to overcome FFP.

Brighton Sky Blue

Nope, probably by a third though and remember FFP includes bonus's, transfer fees and agents fees in addition to basic wages/renumeration.

Funny thing is that even half filling the Ricoh would land us with better FFP values than virtually all of the other teams in the league. If we actually did that then who knows what kind of season we could be looking forward to.

stupot07

A sponsorship deal arranged by another SISU group company would give the club cash without increasing its debt. Man CIty's stadium sponsorship deal is how thy intend to overcome FFP.

So why aren't all league one clubs doing that? Sponsoring the stadium wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to us as it would go straight to ACL.

Do you think clubs should spend more than they can afford? Isn't this part of the issue we are in the current position?

Brighton Sky Blue

So why aren't all league one clubs doing that? Sponsoring the stadium wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to us as it would go straight to ACL.

Do you think clubs should spend more than they can afford? Isn't this part of the issue we are in the current position?

No, but we could easily benefit from kit sponsorship.

stupot07

Funny thing is that even half filling the Ricoh would land us with better FFP values than virtually all of the other teams in the league. If we actually did that then who knows what kind of season we could be looking forward to.

Exactly. That's why any continuation of the nomp campaign if we are at the Ricoh is ridiculous.

stupot07

swindon were in breach of FFP but got to the play offs ? is a transfer embargo a price worth paying to get promoted.

They were only under an embargo for a short period of time.....and they didn't get promoted

And it's ridiculous - pay more than you can afford, get promoted....then increase the wage bill and pay more than you can afford to try and stay in the championship, etc

Last edited:

shy_tall_knight

I am all for FFP but if an owner wants to give a club money without increasing its debt then it should be allowed. High value long term deals offered to 2 injury prone players knowing that FFP was around the corner, only SISU would do this.

shmmeee

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/sky-blues-start-hunt-head-4731424 nicely tooked away beneath the statement about a replacement for what is basically Waggots job he mentions that the ostracised players will be back at Ryton from Monday and that the transfer market is slow. (or in other words he can't find them clubs, wont be able to replace until they are gone, has fukced his preseason up and is going to have to back pedal through a world of shit)

To be fair, this is the clear out from the Championship in some ways. We got a years grace on FFP and they use last years budget so the small budget is down to poor crowds last season not this.

Of course that means its pretty much promotion or bust this year as I dread to think how low the budget will be after a season of 3k crowds.

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair, this is the clear out from the Championship in some ways. We got a years grace on FFP and they use last years budget so the small budget is down to poor crowds last season not this.

Of course that means its pretty much promotion or bust this year as I dread to think how low the budget will be after a season of 3k crowds.

They actually check budgetary information at regular intervals throughout the season so if we're getting crowds of 3,000 then we can expect sanctions on a wage bill of even £2m.

Users who are viewing this thread