The Original Game Plan (1 Viewer)

I was eleven in 87

Now I know we may never get to find out what I want to know but does anyone else have a view on this?

Way back in 2007 when my club was almost going into administration, who at SISU said "Hey we should look at buying that football club".
Someone in the room must have asked "Why, what are we going to do with it?".
Of course someone must have given an answer and that's what I want to know...

1)What was the original game plan?

2)Did anyone say "Well if we buy the football club we must own the ground".

3)If someone did say that surely someone in that meeting said "How should we do that then?"

4)Who formulated the plan and said "Right, this is what we will do".

I want an exact copy of the minutes of that meeting.
I think if we did get a copy we as fans could see just exactly what the end goal really was, good or bad for this club.
Maybe, just maybe we as FANS could then really unite for the common good of the football club that we love.

stupot07

Now I know we may never get to find out what I want to know but does anyone else have a view on this?

Way back in 2007 when my club was almost going into administration, who at SISU said "Hey we should look at buying that football club".
Of course someone must have given an answer and that's what I want to know...

1)What was the original game plan?

2)Did anyone say "Well if we buy the football club we must own the ground".

3)If someone did say that surely someone in that meeting said "How should we do that then?"

4)Who formulated the plan and said "Right, this is what we will do".

I want an exact copy of the minutes of that meeting.
I think if we did get a copy we as fans could see just exactly what the end goal really was, good or bad for this club.
Maybe, just maybe we as FANS could then really unite for the common good of the football club that we love.

1) to buy and invest young up and come players and hope that we get promoted in 2-3 years

2) No, I believe Ray Ranson advised that investing short term on promotion was a better option of a return

3) Ray Ranson was the football man and man out in charge of driving it.

4) I believe that Ray Ranson was at the forefront of the plan. Who then had it rubber stamped by sisu.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

who at SISU said "Hey we should look at buying that football club".
It wouldn't have been anyone at SISU who said lets buy any football club, let alone ours. Ray Ranson presented an investment opportunity. It wasn't specific to us as he'd already been looking at other clubs. In fact being rejected by other clubs could be why he didn't think twice about some of the problems he'd encounter here.

When Ranson saw his plan go tits up he walked, remember he tried to walk earlier but was persuaded to stay. I reckon Ken Dulieu came in pretty much by default as the only other football person SISU knew, he tried to persuade Southampton to sell to SISU.

Doesn't really appear to have been until he went that SISU actually became directly involved with the running of the club.

They should have sold up when Ranson first tried to resign. He knew then the plan wouldn't work, at that point they would have at least stood a chance of getting some sort of return.

blueflint

if the backing hadn't been withdrawn from ranson things may have worked out differently

chiefdave

if the backing hadn't been withdrawn from ranson things may have worked out differently
It wasn't withdrawn was it? His budget relied on increased attendances but the reality was attendances dropped leaving a hole in the budget.

Ian1779

Worth remembering bidders that originally wanted to purchase part or all of stadium were the ones that pulled out, the one that didn't was the council's preferred bidder because stupidly they weren't interested.

Covstu

Plan A - Buy club, acquire ground and sell for a profit...

What happened in between - shitty relationship with the council, a global recession, a realisation that they needed to invest in the squad, a realisation that the Championship was a bitch of a league

Plan B - errrr shit

Astute

Worth remembering bidders that originally wanted to purchase part or all of stadium were the ones that pulled out, the one that didn't was the council's preferred bidder because stupidly they weren't interested.
Councils preferred bidder?

Are you saying that CCC had a choice on who took over our club and it was nothing to do with SISU being the only ones interested before administration?

Sick Boy

Councils preferred bidder?

Are you saying that CCC had a choice on who took over our club and it was nothing to do with SISU being the only ones interested before administration?

There were other parties sniffing about who wanted control of the Ricoh as well. It's well known that sisu were ccc's preferred bidder.

Astute

There were other parties sniffing about who wanted control of the Ricoh as well. It's well known that sisu were ccc's preferred bidder.
Easy question for you. How many bids were received?

blueflint

It wasn't withdrawn was it? His budget relied on increased attendances but the reality was attendances dropped leaving a hole in the budget.

he wasn't allowed to buy players he wanted thats withdrawing support causing a drop in fan numbers as team were underperforming

Nick

Administrator
he wasn't allowed to buy players he wanted thats withdrawing support causing a drop in fan numbers as team were underperforming

Championship football club in not being able to buy any player they want shocker.

Didn't stop Eastwood coming here for £1.2m though.

blueflint

Championship football club in not being able to buy any player they want shocker.

Didn't stop Eastwood coming here for £1.2m though.

he wanted more than one player tho nick and wasn't supported by joy thats when it started to go wrong
and it got worse and worse until we are where we are now

Nick

Administrator
he wanted more than one player tho nick and wasn't supported by joy thats when it started to go wrong
and it got worse and worse until we are where we are now

Maybe he should have chucked some cash in rather than Cardiff?

NorthernWisdom

The original plan was get promotion, and either use that promotion to sell the club for a value (the easiest and quickest way to a profit) or to use the increased resources to grow the club for profit (easier said than done).

Users who are viewing this thread