The Open Championship @ Royal St Georges (1 Viewer)

CovScott88

Who do you think could go well this week? Will anyone be putting any bets on?
I've got a few names down, but haven't put any money on yet, still mulling it over :thinking about:.

rob9872

I've backed about half the field and the winner will no doubt escape me!

Rory should go well again but his price represents no real value. Donald won the Scottish last week to show some form but stats say nobody ever does the double (I know records are there to be broken, byut stats are usually decent pointers). Of the other favourites Garcia doesn't put well enough, Westwood will go close as always but probably like Monty will never win one.

A bit of value in someone luike Poulter at 60/1 or one of the Molianari brothers at 100/1 might be worth a dabble.

CovScott88

I have a few of the same on my little shortlist mate.

Rory McIlroy - 10/1
Luke Donald - 12/1
Martin Kaymer - 25/1
Matt Kuchar - 40/1
Charl Schwartzel - 40/1
Jason Day - 40/1
Peter Hanson - 80/1
Edoardo Molinari - 150/1
Andres Hansen - 150/1
Thorbjorn Olesen - 150/1

I will probably stick five/ten quid on both McIlroy and Donald, then a couple of quid each way on a few outsiders, hopefully get a place.

Bertola

Will study tonight, but fancy Kaymer to do well, Quiros too.

Also got a feeling for Mickelson to finally come good in the open.

Covstu

Having watched Donald last week, he was awesome without really breaking a sweat. He has to be a strong contender. I always back Steve Stricker as i think he is also due a major but he never turns up for them!! I also fancy Jason Day to be up there but whether he is consistent enough to win is a different story!

Jimthor

Might drop a couple quid EW on Jason Day, he's done really well in both the last 2 majors so i fancy him to place well again. Reckon Westwood will do well but not sure how much value you'll get on him. I fancy Rory to win again, but hardly any point putting any money on him!

Paxman II

Rory for me. Can't see any American getting it. Westwood may just break his duck! Didn't Ben Curtis come from nowhere last year in ranking to win it?

Covstu

first day left it wide open! Favourites mciroy and donald way back but its early days yet. Bjorn had a blinder today and so did the rookie.

Covstu

Clarke did fantastic, very consistant and 'safe' golf in very testing conditions. Another big success for N.Irish golf!!

CovScott88

Northern Ireland seems to be the golf haven of the world at present. Aspiring golfers will be flocking over there soon!

Users who are viewing this thread