The Official Petition Thread (2 Viewers)

Skyblueweeman

Signup.co.uk will be in use I think

It is indeed.

You could have www.footballpetition.org.uk for £6.99 for one year
www.footballpetition.co.uk for £13.99 foe 3 years
www.footballfansunited.org.uk for £6.99 for one year
www.footballfansunited.eu for £1.99 for one year (.eu good if we're making a Europe wide initiative)
www.fansdeservebetter.co.uk for £13.99 for 3 years
www.voiceofsupporters.com for £29.99 for 3 years
www.voiceofsupporters.co.uk for £13.99 for 3 years

Plenty of options. Not too expensive either. Would the trust maybe stump up to cover costs? It's not much to be fair.

WM

Noggin

Nick and Noggin - on twitter it's #SignUp so how about SignUp.co.uk. As it's half-term week it's family not football for me so don;t suppose there's any chance one of you would be able to set it up?

And is anyone on here any good with Photoshop and able to alter a couple of pics if I explain what needs doing? Thx

signup.co.uk is taken

fixfootball.co.uk is £2.99, or footballgov is £2.99 not sure if anyone has better suggestions.

I don't know how to do it, I don't mind paying the £2.99 though but do we then need hosting nick? or is the domain name all I need to redirect it to the petition?

http://uk.godaddy.com/domains/searchresults-new3.aspx?ci=54814&isc=gofhuk23

Nick

Administrator
No you should be able to just set it as a forwarder.

I would do it, but if I am honest I would be too tempted to forward it to a dodgy site next time somebody abused me for trying to help :(

Noggin

go on then ill buy one, what is best? footballpetition.co.uk is £2.99 as well but while some of skyblueweemans options are cooler I think fixfootball.co.uk is the simplest to remember and tell people, the easiest for people to type in without making a mistake.

Skyblueweeman

go on then ill buy one, what is best? footballpetition.co.uk is £2.99 as well but while some of skyblueweemans options are cooler I think fixfootball.co.uk is the simplest to remember and tell people, the easiest for people to type in without making a mistake.

Don't disagree mate, mine were just a quick search and creativity isn't my strong point!

Worth a quick 24 hr poll to get people thoughts? Only because we can choose something and no doubt someone will complain!

WM

Noggin

Don't disagree mate, mine were just a quick search and creativity isn't my strong point!

Worth a quick 24 hr poll to get people thoughts? Only because we can choose something and no doubt someone will complain!

WM

It depends when SimonGilbert is doing his article on the petition? ideally we want this done in time for that. Better too have it done quickly for that and get a bit of criticism than miss out on it going in the paper.

NorthernWisdom

It depends when SimonGilbert is doing his article on the petition? ideally we want this done in time for that. Better too have it done quickly for that and get a bit of criticism than miss out on it going in the paper.

Frankly in this instance yes, you'll probably get complaints but yes, something memorable needs an executive decision anyway.

Hell if it's universally hated and alternatives are £2.99, I'll buy you a couple of alternatives myself later!

Noggin

Frankly in this instance yes, you'll probably get complaints but yes, something memorable needs an executive decision anyway.

Hell if it's universally hated and alternatives are £2.99, I'll buy you a couple of alternatives myself later!

I've started a quick poll just to get a general idea, then ill buy in 2 hours, seems like the best of both worlds, quick decision and a check that my idea isnt shit. you are completely right though its an easy and cheap fix if people hate it and there is no downside to having multiple domains that link to the petition.

sbvet

Banned
It's already too late guys! Once it stops trending, people aren't going to go out of their way to track this down just to sign a petition!

ALL this advertising and ideas outside the petition should have been considered before you even posted the petition! Asking MPs to advance the cause of a petition that isn't trending? You haven't got a hope!

You should have had the website up and running from day one. You are now relying on a leaflet pointing to a website pointing to a petition. Are you still only going to dish leaflets out at coventry city games?

So you are handing out leaflets to people who have already signed! With average away fans around 1000 - 3000, at best you will get 5%. Let's say 10% That is 30 at best
per game!

Considering only 17 games, even if everything is on your side you will get an additional 5k, What about the extra 80k signatures?

Still so gung ho about finding a brilliant marketing strategy?

Spending days just on the website address!

You sat back on "success". I went out of my way to get you to press what advantages you had. But you were too busy trying to tell me I don't know what I am talking about!

Still think I don't know how these things work? Did I not say you had three-four weeks at best for this to succeed?

I heard the radio debate. The government has already said the FA is getting is house in order! They are not going to spend millions on this, when the FA can just say they are working on this! Besides even the all party commission doesn't even register coventry city as a problem! They have said Leeds are the poster boy for badly run clubs! If even the group set up to investigate this don't recognise City as a basket case, it truly is game over guys.

I only write to try and save you wasting any more money on this. I can assume you thought just because an epetition was free, the whole thing is free. You now are investing in a website and leaflets. All peanuts, but what happens in a week or two when this too fails? Full page spreads?

Relying on Simon Gilbert to advance the cause? How many coventry people do you think are going to read this, aren't going to have signed this already? Or are you expecting a full page spread?

Do you think the telegraph is going to continue giving free advertising now the rate of signing has dropped off the cliff? They will advertise if they think it will increase readership.

This will be the third / fourth time this has been mentioned. It is old news! Like all viral campaigns, they are like shellfish - have a very short shelflife. Especially now it has stopped trending regularly after three weeks.

Take heed of my warning don't take heed. You are throwing money at old rope. When a national radio plug only gets you around 20 signatures (and that could have been inspite of the show), there is very little chance of success.

Doubt you will listen though!

MichaelCCFC

I'm getting muddled between the 2 threads so on the other one I picked up on Wingy's point about fix sounding dodging but reading this thread there are lots of arguments for fixfootball: it's easy for people to remember if they see it on a flyer/poster, the name itself will attract interest and it's easy to spell and that's a really important point - 'petition' is really hard to spell. The first set of posters are printed so it won't be on them but that's not a problem as they are partly just about generating more local attention and whatever domain name is chosen can go on the next lot. I guess the worst that could happen is if the domain name doesn't prove popular then it can be changed to another one

wingy

I'm getting muddled between the 2 threads so on the other one I picked up on Wingy's point about fix sounding dodging but reading this thread there are lots of arguments for fixfootball: it's easy for people to remember if they see it on a flyer/poster, the name itself will attract interest and it's easy to spell and that's a really important point - 'petition' is really hard to spell. The first set of posters are printed so it won't be on them but that's not a problem as they are partly just about generating more local attention and whatever domain name is chosen can go on the next lot. I guess the worst that could happen is if the domain name doesn't prove popular then it can be changed to another one

Yeah I was just pointing It out as a humourous aside ,I think It still works ,after all there Is genuine meaning to the word Fix .

Noggin

I've brought fixfootball.co.uk set up forwarding to the petition but it doesn't seem to currently work, im not sure if it doesn't take affect immediatly or if I'm doing something wrong.

Skyblueweeman

I went out of my way to get you to press what advantages you had. But you were too busy trying to tell me I don't know what I am talking about!

Doubt you will listen though!

I think you'll find that we ALL told you to stop being a smart arse and get involved.

You obviously didn't listen though....

WM

georgehudson

if people spent as much time trying to get people to sign,
as they do in criticizing the thread,
then we would have a significantly higher number of those 'on board',
just remember, if you like the game of football,
then you should really sign it,
PLAY UP, ALL FOOTBALL CLUBS !!!!!!!!!!!!

sbvet

Banned
Come on guys - a web link without a web page!!!? Is this what you have come up with or is the webpage in the process of being developed?

You surely cannot expect a weblink alone to do the trick can you? You need an eyecatching front page at least! The weblink doesn't even let you see it has worked - it goes straight to the government website! This is your big idea when you say you could market the campaign is it?

How are people going to find this weblink if there is no webpage? How are you going to advertise the weblink? You still haven't solved the problem with leaflets at games with this though have you. Cov fans going to games now most likely have signed. The same people go week on week, so you are spending time money and resources trying to get people t sign who have already signed! Surely you can see you need new signatories to stand any chance!?

This means advertising. A long long and extensive advertising campaign. No way to avoid it!!
You never answered my question - did you think the ePetiton alone could get this done?

Is this cause worth thousands and thousands of pounds to you? Did you see how quickly you fell off the radar without publicity?

Again I never cease to be amazed by the naivety of people

Nick

Administrator
Come on guys - a web link without a web page!!!? Is this what you have come up with or is the webpage in the process of being developed?

You surely cannot expect a weblink alone to do the trick can you? You need an eyecatching front page at least! The weblink doesn't even let you see it has worked - it goes straight to the government website! This is your big idea when you say you could market the campaign is it?

How are people going to find this weblink if there is no webpage? How are you going to advertise the weblink? You still haven't solved the problem with leaflets at games with this though have you. Cov fans going to games now most likely have signed. The same people go week on week, so you are spending time money and resources trying to get people t sign who have already signed! Surely you can see you need new signatories to stand any chance!?

This means advertising. A long long and extensive advertising campaign. No way to avoid it!!
You never answered my question - did you think the ePetiton alone could get this done?

Is this cause worth thousands and thousands of pounds to you? Did you see how quickly you fell off the radar without publicity?

The whole idea is that it goes straight to the petition? You can see it has worked when the petition loads.

Rusty Trombone

Sbvet - None of these 'guys' claim to be experts in any of this, they are doing what they can, when they can, as best as they can.

There seems to be only one expert (yes I mean you), but even though you won't go to Northampton, and seem to be against the owners, you want the idea of the petition explained to you.

These guys will carry on as they are, and they can only do things the expert way if the expert gets involved to help.

Sbvet - None of these 'guys' claim to be experts in any of this, they are doing what they can, when they can, as best as they can.

There seems to be only one expert (yes I mean you), but even though you won't go to Northampton, and seem to be against the owners, you want the idea of the petition explained to you.

These guys will carry on as they are, and they can only do things the expert way if the expert gets involved to help.

You see these types all the time. Obviously well versed in his field, but he´s got a god complex. He wants everyone to bow down to the oracle, beg for his help, boost his ego, tickle his balls. This type get off on it. He might know a lot about this topic but I doubt many on here want to bother going through the hassle of massaging his ego first.

I´m pretty good in my field too ... but you wouldn´t catch me being a condescending plonker to those who don´t know it like I do. Especially when their cause and ultimate aim is supposedly the same.

Noggin

The point of the weblink is to make it easier to tell people about the petition using word of mouth, to tell people about the petition using leaflets and to make an newspaper articles much more productive. Before a newspaper article would have gotten a tiny number of signitures because someone will have had to go to the computer with their paper and enter a long string of digits, now they can read the article and just remember to go to fixfootball.co.uk whenever they are next at a computer.

That's all it's meant to do, it took less effort to do than one of your pointless posts and cost me £1.80 after cash back, it's not meant to be a big idea, the petition doesn't even have anything to do with me other than that I'm a Coventry fan and support what Micheal is trying to do.

No one is being niave, we all know there is only a tiny chance of the government doing anything but the effort and small cost is worth that tiny chance? What is it you are trying to acheive you've spent more time rubbishing the petition than anyone has spent on it, you don't get more pointless than that.

wingy

As the owners have signed It ,could we get the players tweeting It,involve players from other teams ,go through the PFA etc.

lewys33

lol this surely has to be a wind up?!

Samo

Is there a new poster with the new web address? I've not been able to print the other one off?

ccfcway

interesting that the government have responded to a e-petition which has got over the required 100,000 signatures..

Stop Holiday companies charging extra in school holidays - 165,975 signatures

Responsible department: Department for Culture, Media and Sport
Family time is so much more essential in the current working world, but so many people cannot afford holidays in school holidays. A break at home is not the same as getting away from it all where there isn't any house work or DIY to get done, instead focus is on family. Its time to stop the holiday companies cashing in on school holidays and let parents have some guilt free family time! Enforce action that caps the percentage increase on holiday prices in school holidays.
..............................................................................................................................................
This e-petition has received the following response:

Responsibility for this policy area sits with the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
In a competitive market it is for business to decide the market worth of their products and to price accordingly. In the holiday market there is fierce competition for custom. Prices rises in peak periods are a reflection of the international competition holiday companies face for hotel accommodation and other services in destinations which are popular with consumers from many other countries and where there are limits to capacity. These consumers also wish to holiday during these peak periods. We are advised also that holiday companies must seek to make a reasonable profit during the peak periods so that they are able to operate throughout the year when demand and therefore prices and profits are lower.

....................................................................................

so, 165,000 signatures for the government to make a comment ?

almost smacks of creating this website to see what the public are passionate about so they can quote it during election times

Lets hope ours is different

Users who are viewing this thread