The Official Petition Thread (1 Viewer)

Monners

I know what you mean, they are long but I can't really move them out as they aren't offensive or anything :(

Agreed Nick, I personally wasn't asking them to be moved. There is some salient points in there it seems, but hard to find at times and there is risk that the guy will end up not being taken as seriously as he probably should be. Just my view of course; personally I always find it hard to wade through lengthy reams of text (something I have to do at work all the time).

Nick

Administrator
Agreed Nick, I personally wasn't asking them to be moved. There is some salient points in there it seems, but hard to find at times and there is risk that the guy will end up not being taken as seriously as he probably should be. Just my view of course; personally I always find it hard to wade through lengthy reams of text (something I have to do at work all the time).

I know what you mean, bullet points are a lot easier. Straight to the point.

dadgad

Would anyone be up for a joint event with Hull fans?

That is a good idea.
To make this an event that is not dominated by one club means that it is about the collective needs of football and has therefore less to do with the boring, intractable affairs which blight any individual case.
I suggest asking representatives from all clubs to meet outside the FL before we employ a sit in in their offices. That should get a lot of media attention and a welcome diversion from the bore fest which will be the World Cup.

BurbageSkyBlues

Having used my dipping in and out time to look at the ongoing discussion, can I ask svbet whether the help on offer through his suggestions will become something more tangible? I am personaly not that close to the petition but have helped where I can with raising awareness to it, and by definition the situation with football governance. There is of course a risk as to whether it will raise the required level of signatures, and of course if it would ultimately be heard in Parliament, but that shouldn't be enough of a barrier to stop people from trying.

I don't think we need to run around thanking each other all the time for any efforts that are put in, but there is a concern that some of the criticism, however constructive in intention, is offered in a negative fashion. There seem to be plenty on this forum who have knowledge and expertise in a diverse range of areas. We don't have to always agree, but at least push things forward in a positive light.

I am not "touchy" about this at all, just a bit bemused by the poster, and although not questioning his motives, just think the time put in could be more constructive. No more tit for tat text please, lets move on.

Superbly phrased Monners!

smouch1975

I think Sbvet. Raises some valid points. It would be fair to assume success will not solely pivot on 100K signatures. The ePetition must be seen as a cornerstone in a much larger and more diverse campaign with multiple prongs of attack. Sbvet, you seem more knowledgable and better positioned than most to identify and champion the other forms of garnishing support for the cause

Time you wrote to Michael and took up his offer of a pint. I'm certain he would very much appreciate your constructive ideas, thoughts on what to do next and ways to implement

ccfc92

Good idea I've emailed them here, maybe a few could do the same……..

surprised it hasn't been mentioned already, assumed it was the obvious tv programme :) soccerAM are pretty good for bringing attention to unknown causes, groups etc....

remember their Cov biscuit tin on the table years ago?

J

Jack Griffin

Think the petition momentum has run down a bit today, still not quite 15K and dropped out of top 6 trending petitions for first time, it is trending 9th.

ccfc92

Think the petition momentum has run down a bit today, still not quite 15K and dropped out of top 6 trending petitions for first time, it is trending 9th.

I just can't understand how with today's internet age, only 15 k have signed.

If we were going door to door in the 90's fair enough, but I'd estimate 75% of the world has internet access now

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Im disappointed by 15k, but I've see plenty of apathy over the years over some other issues.

300k live in Coventry now and plus those who have moved that's a huge base to get 100k signatures.

Even Grendul was right , if same thing had happened at Sunderland, totally different response to a SISU like outfit.

I'm sure eventually Coventry will be back home but not helped by the apathy in some people or the appeasers who went to the tinpot before it was flooded.

Rain rain rain.

georgehudson

whoever goes on 5live needs to stress, and question,
the way various parties have tried to anesthetise the CCFC fans & other folk,
so further all football fans should surely sign up

MichaelCCFC

just hit 15k. Be great if as many people as possible contacted 5Live prog tomorrow. Will post more tomorrow but that's me done for today

sbvet

Banned
As I was trying to tell you, but you were far too interested in shutting down any criticism rather than listening to what happens in reality - the first two weeks are key for ePetitions.

Just look at the Nurse campaign. 55k in about 3 day. In the following weeks it is just shy of 60k. ePetitions are a viral medium. Some of the KCIC said quite clearly they were going to sit back on their "success". You cannot do that with a viral campaign. Because once interest wanes that's it game over!

No point handing out leaflets at games, because leaflets tend to get ignored, so only a tiny amount will actually be actioned on, and likely those that go have already signed!

But even if they haven't, best case there are 7k away fans. You need a simple website address to link to - is that up and running yet? All very well saying its dead easy to do, yet it hasn't been done yet has it! Again was a website even considered necessary before this was started?

By the looks of it, no offence to Michael (these things are highly complicate), but I suspect the weeks of planning focused on the words of the ePetition. No thought was given to the actual campaign - it cannot have been. had you done ant kind of research, you would have seen there are massive problems with ePetitions.

Yesterday was a watershed. Have you completed the forums? you guys were crowing over 1k/day/ The CET old fashioned poll was getting 4x that! Quite frankly with national media support, 3 front page mentions, Blanket covcerage of forums, fans groups support, you stillafter nearly 3 weeks not achieved even the numbers of the CET poll!

Still think you don't need advertising? So I ask you once again, are you confident enough in maintaining 1000 signatures per day for 100 days? Saturday was around 200, and you had a shout on talk sport!

Going ahead how much are you prepared to spend on this? Both in time and money? When you carry out petitions, you are relying on spur of the moment decisions. With this, they are making a concerted effort to sign. You have to go out of your way to log into your website, follow the link, sign their details, and confirm receipt of email. The harder you make it to sign the less likely you are to actually sign.

Are you sure this campaign is worth spending money over? Even if you get to parliament, there is no guarantee of the inquiry - even if there were, there is no guarantee it will change anything!

I'm sure someone will once again try and shout me down, but surely now everyone can see how incredibly risky relying on an ePetition is. No one who campaigns regularly to parliament uses these things. There are just far too many hurdles to get over.

But again all those attacking me for daring to reveal actual real world experience of these things have far more experience of successfully getting stuff done than me !

I asked you to convince me this is a good idea. Not only have you failed to do so after several days, you didn't even try!

If you don't want to try and convince me fine, you lose one signature. But if you failed to convince me after several days, how do you expect to win over 15 or so hard nosed vote chasing MPs? How do you expect to win over the people on the street when you have 30 seconds to do so?

This campaign was doomed even before you pressed submit, because you are thinking you are trying to win over fellow fans, you think having a pint sorts this out. It is naive - whether you like it or not!

I shall leave you to your self congratulation. You think this has been successful so far - it hasn't. You ask for a well dones. That's what my toddlers ask for.

You seem to think all coventry fans have a moral duty to sign this because you think this! Clearly the vast majority of coventry and indeed the footballing community absolutely disagree with you!

Good luck wasting money on this lame duck!

J

Jack Griffin

It would be nice if Simon Gilbert could write another Cov Telegraph article on progress on the petition and the people who have supported it, there may be enough material for that.

I know Richard Keys & Bobby Gould have tweeted, journalists Oliver Kay and Henry Winter have too. And Graham Westley promoted it on talksport.

And the petition has trended well in the last 2 weeks.

MichaelCCFC

The coming week or two are really simple.

If WM, Ginetta, Jack, Monners and anyone else are ok to keep posting on fans' forums for other clubs that will be great.

Then it's down to people to decide if they're willing to put posters/flyers up in Cov and Warks to spread the word whether on noticeboards at work, in pubs, clubs, shops - in your car window or front window at home - or anywhere else you can think of. Feel free to print off your own or email [email protected] for copies. Go for it!

Petition flyer 16 feb-page-001.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Michael, is it not easier to buy a rememberable domain name and forwarding it over to the petition?

withoutfansthereisnofootball.co.uk - available

People won't remember that link.

(Awaits abuse and dismissive comments)

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
It would be nice if Simon Gilbert could write another Cov Telegraph article on progress on the petition and the people who have supported it, there may be enough material for that.

I know Richard Keys & Bobby Gould have tweeted, journalists Oliver Kay and Henry Winter have too. And Graham Westley promoted it on talksport.

And the petition has trended well in the last 2 weeks.

It's in the pipeline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfcway

Michael, is it not easier to buy a rememberable domain name and forwarding it over to the petition?

no abuse, but you are onto something there. rather like having a sticky for all sixfield comments

MichaelCCFC

Would be really nice to but don't have any money. People have been suggesting tiny.url or similar and tear off strips so they can be used with the next run. Hopefully the QR code will work ok. Definitely been slower over the weekend but still over 300 signatures in last 24 hours so still moving in the right direction

Nick

Administrator
The thing about the QR code is it being on people's phones. It is too much effort, then they have to put the data in on their phone too.

A .co.uk is probably about the cost of a pint and will make life much easier.

Noggin

indeed.

It would help a greatdeal especially with newspaper articles, leaflets and word of mouth if you can say please goto for example fixfootball.co.uk and sign our petition

MichaelCCFC

Nick and Noggin - on twitter it's #SignUp so how about SignUp.co.uk. As it's half-term week it's family not football for me so don;t suppose there's any chance one of you would be able to set it up?

And is anyone on here any good with Photoshop and able to alter a couple of pics if I explain what needs doing? Thx

Users who are viewing this thread