The Official Petition Thread (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I notice someone has posted it on the Sunderland Forum

Chez78

Richard Keys has 187k followers on twitter, loads of those will be cov fans, getting him to post it and support it will help it gather momentum

Monkeyface

Just tweeted some famous coventry people to promote the petition, including Neil Back... and strangely, Willie Thorn has retweeted. Is he a Sky Blue?!

Grendel

I think it may be him indeed. Oh, I was wrong - they still hate us judging by the first couple of pages

It's not been well received.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It makes for great reading, I know its childish but I'm tempted to post multiple threads on the Sunderland board about the petition asking them to sign it.

Fluffsta

I haven't got twitter but has anybody tweeted Brian Mcfadden as he is a Cov fan. He has nearly 300,000 followers.

mds

Never used twitter but heres a list of a few coventry born actors or actresses writers and producers off imdb, might be worth tweeting, a few big names.
Vince Hill
Emma Fryer
Billie Whitelaw Actress
Sinead Matthews Actress
Chris Jury Actor
Clive Owen Actor
Graeme Hawley Actor
Brendan Price Actor
Hazel O'Connor
Rowena Wallace Actress
Neil McCormick
Louis Hilyer Actor
Pete Waterman
Kevin Warwick Self
Stephen Quinn Actor
Tom Menary Actor
Brian Taylor Actor
Constance Godridge Actress
Jon Gaunt Writer
James Crooke

http://forum.historiccoventry.co.uk/custom/famous_coventrians.php
list of over 100 names born in Coventry, worth a tweet?
M Hall Sheffers Graham Alexander Dave Moorcroft Marlon devonish Cal Crutchlow Ian Bell long list on Historic Coventry.

100 famous people from Coventry http://www.itsallaboutcoventry.co.uk/feature-100-famous-coventry-people.shtml

Think i may have to create a twitter account!

Last edited:

quinn1971

Never used twitter but heres a list of a few coventry born actors or actresses writers and producers off imdb, might be worth tweeting, a few big names.
Vince Hill
Emma Fryer
Billie Whitelaw Actress
Sinead Matthews Actress
Chris Jury Actor
Clive Owen Actor
Graeme Hawley Actor
Brendan Price Actor
Hazel O'Connor
Rowena Wallace Actress
Neil McCormick
Louis Hilyer Actor
Pete Waterman
Kevin Warwick Self
Stephen Quinn Actor
Tom Menary Actor
Brian Taylor Actor
Constance Godridge Actress
Jon Gaunt Writer
James Crooke

http://forum.historiccoventry.co.uk/custom/famous_coventrians.php
list of over 100 names born in Coventry, worth a tweet?
M Hall Sheffers Graham Alexander Dave Moorcroft Marlon devonish Cal Crutchlow Ian Bell long list on Historic Coventry.

100 famous people from Coventry http://www.itsallaboutcoventry.co.uk/feature-100-famous-coventry-people.shtml

Think i may have to create a twitter account!

Can I send you a paper petition?

It is not possible to include a paper petition as part of reaching the threshold of 100 000 signatures to make a petition eligible for debate in the House of Commons. This is because paper petitions do not allow the Government to verify signatures to the same degree as with e-petitions.

The e-petitions system is not intended to replace the current paper based system of public petitions in the House of Commons. For more information about the paper based Parliamentary Petitions, you can visit the UK Parliament website. The Backbench Business Committee, who are responsible for the scheduling of any debates on e-petitions, have made clear that they will continue to consider paper petitions when choosing subjects for debates.

Closeor press 'escape' to close

I got this off the parliament website, might be too late but wouldn't it be worth it seeing if we could start a paper petition, it says it might be considered ? Nothing to lose by asking ? And a lot easier to get signed

MichaelCCFC

Great stuff everyone! Paper petitions go through a different route. If we can start to get big numbers on the epetition a paper one could be done as an addition but at the moment it would just confuse things so need to keep hammering away on the epetition first - we're at 9,715 which is phenomenal in one week and it's still trending

Grendel

One Sunderland fan has signed the petition.

quinn1971

Great stuff everyone! Paper petitions go through a different route. If we can start to get big numbers on the epetition a paper one could be done as an addition but at the moment it would just confuse things so need to keep hammering away on the epetition first - we're at 9,715 which is phenomenal in one week and it's still trending

Just an idea, great effort Michael, should be a lot more though, if all the fans that cared to go to the Crewe game in the jpt signed it and passed it on to two people we wouldn't be far off, it's that easy, just hope enough people care to sign it. Keep it going

mark82

When I get 5 minutes I'll drop some of the lower league non league clubs on who have high average attendances comparable with conference teams. (Teams like Maidstone United, FC Utd, Guernsey FC, etc..)

blend

Good work all. Michael I may be interested for the 15th but cannot confirm yet due to family commitments but if you get a few together keep me posted.

torchomatic

As for Coventry and the local area, it's got to reach more than fans, both regulars and casual, but people who just live in Cov and Warks.

I think at the moment, the petition is only reaching the hardcore football/Coventry fans and not the casual fans.

Grendel

Not all dickheads then.

Well one isn't. The general consensus seems to be that jimmy hills death will be a day of partying in Sunderland and I am not exaggerating. I am geniunely surprised I thought the majority would not be that hostile.

mark82

Well one isn't. The general consensus seems to be that jimmy hills death will be a day of partying in Sunderland and I am not exaggerating. I am geniunely surprised I thought the majority would not be that hostile.

I remember them flooding here when we got relegated. I don't mind a bit of banter but when people are wishing someone would die because of the result of a football match it's going too far.

Skyblueweeman

I don't live locally Michael, otherwise I'd be there. Gents, this could add a couple of thousand signatures to the petition...please support Michael with this!

VisitingPie

I've signed it and am happy to post on all our forums if you haven't already done so. By the way, I wasn't there today but our commentator was very impressed with your protest (perhaps not the man on the pitch!).

I read Joy Seppala's statement earlier this week. Just incredible. I hope every single council nearby refuses them planning permission.

Flying Fokker

The video of the Bristol City game brings back memories of the suspense of he night. The delay in kick off was a rare occurrence but given that there were hold-ups on motorways, traffic congestion etc it was to be expected.

Monkeyface

I've Tweeted the Sunday politics show asking if they would cover it. They've replied asking me to give them an update mid-week, and will try to cover it next week. Hope you don't mind Michael?

Users who are viewing this thread