The official NFL Thread (22 Viewers)

CCFC88

Worried about Sunday, to beat ATL you usually have to fight fire with fire, time for the offence to step up against a team that concedes so many points, averaging 30 per game.
If the defence can hold them to under 21 I fancy our chances, we've only scored 30+ once this season, I think that is in part down to game management, we've had early leads in a lot of the games and defended leads well due to the offence chipping away at the game clock and not taking too many risks.

If this becomes a shootout it will tell us a lot about the offences potential. I'm going for a 24-21 W

skybluebeast

Josh Norman will be on Julio like a rash, he could never get past him in Carolina.
Youre so right there liquid.... 326 yards over a 3 game spell isn’t much, granted only 2 TD’s but Jones is more than TD scoring.
That’s not including his 300 yards in one game against the Panthers cause I think Norman was out that game.

... the guy is a beast and then with Ridley in the slot and Sanu on the other side it’s the best WR corp in the league imho especially with Matty Ice having the season he is.

For what it is worth, I think Skins will win cause our D is just too banged up and porous.

Otis

Sounds like another bit of a horror show from the Redskins. Beaten 38-14.

Was worried about this match-up anyway, but seems we didn't make much of a fist of it at all.

skybluebeast

Sounds like another bit of a horror show from the Redskins. Beaten 38-14.

Was worried about this match-up anyway, but seems we didn't make much of a fist of it at all.
Skins were taught dude, think it showed the differences in the divisions in the league. The NFC south is too strong for them East teams. Certainly 3 qbs in the south will burn that Redskins D.

Liquid Gold

Maybe a little too much like a rash there liquid
Loved that foul. I’m surprised you don’t see it more.
Skins were taught dude, think it showed the differences in the divisions in the league. The NFC south is too strong for them East teams. Certainly 3 qbs in the south will burn that Redskins D.
Agree in general but we contained Cam easily a few weeks ago.
I’m worried that injuries are going to start to take a toll again now. So many important players injured. Falcons had the game won from the first two drives though, never looked in danger.

skybluebeast

Loved that foul. I’m surprised you don’t see it more.

Agree in general but we contained Cam easily a few weeks ago.
I’m worried that injuries are going to start to take a toll again now. So many important players injured. Falcons had the game won from the first two drives though, never looked in danger.
To be fair Ju gets it a lot, Jenkins of the Giants got caught too. However most of the time it doesn’t get called because Ryan has over thrown him like today. Had Norman waited a moment I’m pretty certain it wouldn’t have been called as they would have ajudged Julio wouldn’t have caught it anyway. But that’s Norman for you, average DB with a big mouth.

With regards the Skins I think they will get to playoffs as the rest of the division is so weak and they have a fairly favourable schedule - is it only 1 game with a winning record left to play?

Liquid Gold

They look like real contenders. Only lost to the Bucs in the first game when anything can happen and are destroying the unbeaten Rams.

Could easily see this as the NFC Championship game with Pats Chiefs in the AFC.

tisza

They look like real contenders. Only lost to the Bucs in the first game when anything can happen and are destroying the unbeaten Rams.

Could easily see this as the NFC Championship game with Pats Chiefs in the AFC.
Rams play the Chiefs in a couple of weeks. :) should be another 100mph game
This game still not done with Goff & gurley there.

tisza

That was a great game. 2 good offences going at it. Thought Rams were going to to do it at the end of the third quarter

Liquid Gold

Need to sort out the conditioning coaches. If Gruden is going to insist on having his bodybuilder nephew on the staff then he can leave too.

covcity4life

Packers weird season continues with a win vs dolphins

performance wise we look a better team than last year, can give even the best performing teams a real run for there money even away from home

yet due to some terrible luck,poor mistakes and tough schedule we are 4-4-1 and could well miss out on playoffs even though if we got there i would be more optimistic of going well than in recent years

Otis

Redskins winning and Cowboys beating Eagles puts us in such a good poisition in the division
Yeah, but it is still a worry. 25th in points scored and we gave up over 500 yards yesterday. Defence still did brilliantly in key plays though.

The offence has to do better. Really could do with Thompson and Crowder back.

It's great to see we are at 6 and 3, but you can't expect to keep winning games scoring so few points.

tisza

How good are the Rams?
Big names covering that the defence isn't that great?
Just beat an injury-hit vikings, just got past Seahawks twice and Packers.
Krupp a big loss, offense heavily reliant on Gurley, defensive stats not great - run defence not good, giving up pts, etc.
Saints looking a better bet as more rounded side.

Otis

How good are the Rams?
Big names covering that the defence isn't that great?
Just beat an injury-hit vikings, just got past Seahawks twice and Packers.
Krupp a big loss, offense heavily reliant on Gurley, defensive stats not great - run defence not good, giving up pts, etc.
Saints looking a better bet as more rounded side.
They are at the moment.

Crazy season this season and who would have thought that the Browns would beat the Falcons!

tisza

They are at the moment.

Crazy season this season and who would have thought that the Browns would beat the Falcons!
actually meant watched vikings, Seahawks and Packers games and didn't think they're as good as their record suggests. Good but not great.

Liquid Gold

Yeah, but it is still a worry. 25th in points scored and we gave up over 500 yards yesterday. Defence still did brilliantly in key plays though.

The offence has to do better. Really could do with Thompson and Crowder back.

It's great to see we are at 6 and 3, but you can't expect to keep winning games scoring so few points.
Definitely need to start scoring more points, the injuries are a worry and I’m sure that’s why we were blown out by the falcons and gave tampa so many yards. As unimaginative as our offence and qb is I do think we win games because Smith gives the D a lot of time to gas up.

skybluebeast

They are at the moment.

We were gash yesterday, Browns didn’t need to do much to beat us. Lack of consistency has killed us this year along with key injuries.
Although having said that the injury situation does no mean we stop tackling anyone.

covcity4life

Rams are good but also beatable.

Saints have a eagles style feel to um for me. If I had to choose today I would pick um for the Super bowl over pats in final.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread