The official NFL Thread (3 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Maybe they'll alter the format more so the NFL show becomes more like the Tues show? Always felt it should've been one show with highlights and previews together.

Is Jason doing it as he's on Strictly?

Also see Mon night game on C5.

tisza

So season opener.
Not expecting too much from the Vikings as they haven't done enough to strengthen middle of the line either side of the ball. But do like the pieces they've added elsewhere. A lot depends on how focused Cook is around this contract extension issue
Cheifs or Ravens look best bets for SB.
But some interesting outsiders. Cowboys under McCarthy, can Bills kick on, 49ers still a threat, Pats with Cam, Seahawks look a bit stronger

Liquid Gold

I'm not very optimistic going into this season. Defensive front is obviously great but questions everywhere else, the season should have been about giving Haskins a chance to develop, it seems they're going to make him do it all or replace him next year.

Otis

I think Washington will do just fine and I am definitely expecting us to win a game this year.

Liquid Gold

I think Washington will do just fine and I am definitely expecting us to win a game this year.
To be fair I'm looking forward to our D line going up against Philly's O and getting to Wentz on Sunday, even if the rest of the game may be disheartening.

tisza

Inexperienced corners picked to pieces by a master but it's Cousins cost us that one.
Stand by what I said of it being a rough season unless the 2 lines can drastically improve.
Waste of time paying out big money for QBs, RBs, etc if you've got a poor line. And it's just criminal not to properly address it for so any seasons.

covcity4life

Great Start for GB putting up 43 pts on Vikings. Expect a deep playoff run again

Also covxity4life proven right again! I said Brady couldn't get job done without great team around him . Rodgers would have won 5 at at pats. But Brady could never win 1 with team like packers or bucs

Next time listen. I know more about sports thsn you all

Liquid Gold

Yup. Wendtz seemed to be waltzing it in the first half, but when we started to get to him he crumbled.

Great start to the campaign.
Haskins grew in confidence as the game went on too, not spectacular but not a liability. With this defence giving him the ball in good field position we will win games even without weapons. If we finish with a reasonable record then I think we use our huge cap space next season to completely surround him with talent. If he doesn’t put it together then we try and draft one of the young guys coming through.

tisza

So another mess. What little possession time we had again couldn't use at all.
Zimmer dropping back defenders to cover the inexperience at corner (that GB exposed ) opened up the run. Pierce opting out a major hole on D line. Need Hunter back desperately.
Cousins only seems to trust Thielen so the investment in TEs is proving a waste. All that confidence Cousins built last season has disappeared.
Can only see Henry ripping them to pieces next game.
Going to be a long season and we're stuck with Cousins & Zimmer due to their big extensions.

Darth Robins

Russell Wilson is a god. He's said for his entire career that he wants to be the best to ever play and now the shackles are truly off, it's not that audacious a claim anymore. If he can keep his body healthy enough to play to a Brady/Brees age I think he's in with a shot.

Liquid Gold

So another mess. What little possession time we had again couldn't use at all.
Zimmer dropping back defenders to cover the inexperience at corner (that GB exposed ) opened up the run. Pierce opting out a major hole on D line. Need Hunter back desperately.
Cousins only seems to trust Thielen so the investment in TEs is proving a waste. All that confidence Cousins built last season has disappeared.
Can only see Henry ripping them to pieces next game.
Going to be a long season and we're stuck with Cousins & Zimmer due to their big extensions.
That cousins extension was baffling. I thought you'd have seen enough before that to see he wouldn't win you a Super bowl.

tisza

That cousins extension was baffling. I thought you'd have seen enough before that to see he wouldn't win you a Super bowl.
Cap space was a key issue. Needed to pay Thielen, Cook, Harris and a couple of others.
But 3rd year not guaranteed if he's cut end of next season.
They'll be drafting one this year - way it's going atm could be Lawrence :)

Liquid Gold

I'd love to say that Washingotn could get Lawrence but I don't think it matters. We need an O Line before we decide what any of our QBs are capable of. Scherff was the only decent one now out injured, the other wouldn't make it on to any decent NFL roster.

tisza

Tough loss to take. 6 FGs Inc 3 over 50 yards.
But left the game out there.
Cook very good. Breakout for Jefferson who was outstanding.
Defense better even with big injury misses.

Users who are viewing this thread