The Official JPT home leg tickets sales thread (1 Viewer)

rob9872

They can't block off anything less than one half of away end due to segregation issues

Just got mine. Now looking to see if there are any Dorset based Sky Blues who are making the trip up and have a spare seat. Will gladly pay for petrol and a beer.. just one mind...

Noggin

they have opened block 26 now, block 11 nearly full. I hope that's not it and that they can at least open 10 for us too.

BurbageSkyBlues

This ought to be easy to resolve.

Once we have sold blocks 26 and 11, the club asks Crewe how many tickets they need to retain. they stipulate that they have to pay for whatever tickets they request, regardless of whether they sell them or not, on the basis that we have Coventry fans waiting to purchase.

I doubt that Crewe will bring 500. They could accommodate up to a thousand in just one block in the corner. this is then segregated either side by two or three rows of black stuff and the old bill. there won't be trouble anyway, they are a small and family oriented club, there's no history of, or reason to anticipate, serious problems.

BurbageSkyBlues

I just wonder, how much of this has been generated/helped by the fact that the Ricoh was used for the Olympics footy? There must have been a fair few there, that had not been before, and now they are returning because it is only a fiver.

Whatever the reason, it's great to see it. It has that 'last game at HR' appeal to it, everyone wants to be there!

So, 30k times £5 = £150k receipts

Compared to average league attendance of 10K times (est) £15 average =£150K receipts.

I know which I prefer!!?, Come on Sisu, do the business, try reducing the prices for some of the remaining home games to fill the Ricoh?......the long term benefits will be rewarding.

Bennosdancingfeet

I must admit, I never in a million years expected cov fans struggling to get tickets for a cup fixture against a league 1 team at home.

How times have changed

mark82

I just wonder, how much of this has been generated/helped by the fact that the Ricoh was used for the Olympics footy? There must have been a fair few there, that had not been before, and now they are returning because it is only a fiver.

Whatever the reason, it's great to see it. It has that 'last game at HR' appeal to it, everyone wants to be there!

So, 30k times £5 = £150k receipts

Compared to average league attendance of 10K times (est) £15 average =£150K receipts.

I know which I prefer!!?, Come on Sisu, do the business, try reducing the prices for some of the remaining home games to fill the Ricoh?......the long term benefits will be rewarding.

Do I get a refund on what I've paid for my flexi ticket? What about all those with season tickets? Not that easy. Maybe next year.

rob9872

This ought to be easy to resolve.

Once we have sold blocks 26 and 11, the club asks Crewe how many tickets they need to retain. they stipulate that they have to pay for whatever tickets they request, regardless of whether they sell them or not, on the basis that we have Coventry fans waiting to purchase.

I doubt that Crewe will bring 500. They could accommodate up to a thousand in just one block in the corner. this is then segregated either side by two or three rows of black stuff and the old bill. there won't be trouble anyway, they are a small and family oriented club, there's no history of, or reason to anticipate, serious problems.

Segregation of seats is no problem, its the concourse, fire exits and entry points that are the concern and why we need to offer them min approx 2500 I think.

rob9872

Do I get a refund on what I've paid for my flexi ticket? What about all those with season tickets? Not that easy. Maybe next year.

That's sold now and if you're happy with your deal it shouldn't matter. Say you bought a tv from Currys, you were happy when you bought it but now it'd half price, you wouldn't be going back requesting a refund.

BurbageSkyBlues

Segregation of seats is no problem, its the concourse, fire exits and entry points that are the concern and why we need to offer them min approx 2500 I think.

Yes, understand those issues, but it didn't seem to matter when there was an international U-21 game at the Ricoh and there were about 30 German fans in a section on their own in the middle of block 11 ( or 10 maybe) and the reminding sections were all England.

At the end of the day, if there is a need for an emergency evacuation, eg fire, are people worried about segregation....or are they just going to run for it, as fas as fuc!

BurbageSkyBlues

Mark, agreed it might aggrieve a few, but would you rather not see the Ricoh fuller, each week - or would people take the stance that ' I have paid full price, so no one else can get a ticket for less than me!' ...?

We have all fallen foul of sales, after paying full price a few weeks before - its a fact of life, unfortunately?

If you buy a new laptop or PC, there is every chance that in two months time it will be twenty percent less, possibly more. What about mobile phones, people spend hundreds on them, to last two or three years, and in six months the contract is half price of what they signed up to.

Last edited:

You'll Never Beat McPake

That's sold now and if you're happy with your deal it shouldn't matter. Say you bought a tv from Currys, you were happy when you bought it but now it'd half price, you wouldn't be going back requesting a refund.
yes but you have the tele. A season ticket is an advance purchase for something you will use in the future. If the price changes why shouldnt they get a refund?

rob9872

yes but you have the tele. A season ticket is an advance purchase for something you will use in the future. If the price changes why shouldnt they get a refund?

Perhaps a phone contract be a better analogy then, it happens in many walks if life and football should be no different. I know I would rather see a full house every week.

pusbccfc

It will be interesting to see how we cope with the larger attendance.

You'll probably get people moaning cause they had to queue to get in:facepalm:

CovInEssex

It will be interesting to see how we cope with the larger attendance.

You'll probably get people moaning cause they had to queue to get in:facepalm:

"I got here 10 minutes to kick-off, why have I not walked straight in!!???? SISU out! Let's go back to highfield road!!"

georgehudson

Probably not. Why don't you contact the relevant companies to see if they'll put extra services on?

If it bothers you that much.

I have actually, & await their response, i'll personally make an early move towards the stadium, I was however thinking that the various companies might be proactive rather than reactive

smouch1975

More tickets sold now than the max seating capacity of Highfield road. Can we all now stop Ricoh bashing and look forward to the land around the stadium been developed?

Sky Blues

More tickets sold now than the max seating capacity of Highfield road. Can we all now stop Ricoh bashing and look forward to the land around the stadium been developed?

It could be a tad embarrassing if we sell out the Ricoh for a game against Crewe then get kicked out for non-payment of rent. Hopefully this happy atmosphere will contribute to a deal getting done.

singers_pore

Not sure if anyone has noticed this but the number of views for this thread is going up at more or less the same rate as the attendance for the home leg. It currently stands at around 25,900+.:p

WestEndAgro

Let's try and beat the "Pompey Thread" it would be nice to have the biggest thread talking about us, not a different club !

Users who are viewing this thread