The Obvious Protest (1 Viewer)

DrMoose

I keep seeing lots of threads about how those who go to Northampton, could help show their unhappiness at the plight of our club. I do respect the choice of those who who go, whilst not agreeing with it, but would encourage them to show their anger. Doing this might also cut them some slack from the stick they get from those who don't respect their choice. So for me it's simple and staring you all in the face. For 1 game only stand together in solidarity and boycott the Wolves game. What better message could you send if when Wolves pack the stadium there are NO CIty fans at the match. The game will be covered by the Football League Show and might even be the main match given their impending League Champions status. All the regional papers will also cover it, such a big statement is also likely to gain some national press. So for all those who do choose to go to Sixfields regularly for one game only let's stand together. PUSB

blueflint

wish they would but no chance i'm afraid to many like RFC and andreasb

The Gentleman

So they should do it to impress the people who don't go?

Would you be for it if the general feeling was that we had a total boycott for one game and then filled it for the next? In my mind it would have to be in that order as the majority of fans stay away rather than go.

Travs

Not heard this one before.......

How about the people attending sixfields are making their own choice, and have done all season.

So many dickheads on here who think they are in the right, when nobody is right or wrong. Especially that guy on here who claims that people going into sixfields 'lower their eyes' when they walk past him on the hill. What a self-righteous twat....

Nick

Administrator
Would you be for it if the general feeling was that we had a total boycott for one game and then filled it for the next? In my mind it would have to be in that order as the majority of fans stay away rather than go.

I would probably need convincing of how it would make a difference and help the situation. If somebody can explain to me why me boycotting will help CCFC in the long run I would happily stop going if convinced.

Spionkop

Oh Nick, you're so painfully predictable. There's not a spark of life in you.
Just plod on at Sixfields eh. Just capitulate.
Lord Summer thing, the wannabe smart alec, only not very smart.
Pour water on every suggestion, why don't you both, just for a change.

The Gentleman

I would probably need convincing of how it would make a difference and help the situation. If somebody can explain to me why me boycotting will help CCFC in the long run I would happily stop going if convinced.

Have you taken part in any other protest so far?

lordsummerisle

It's the condescending attitude that football fans are stupid(particularly if from the "provinces") that gets to me.

To try and make themselves look authentic they use bad grammar and spelling, "'cos footy fans are thick aren't they Tarquin?".

skybluetony176

The point off protest is lost on you Nick and many more besides.

You don't protest because you 100% know it will make a difference. You protest because you 100% want to try to make a difference.

If you're happy with the status quo of having to travel 35miles to "home" games then don't protest. If you're not and you don't let anyone know don't be surprised if the status quo doesn't change.

Nick

Administrator
The point off protest is lost on you Nick and many more besides.

You don't protest because you 100% know it will make a difference. You protest because you 100% want to try to make a difference.

If you're happy with the status quo of having to travel 35miles to "home" games then don't protest. If you're not and you don't let anyone know don't be surprised if the status quo doesn't change.

I wouldn't see the point of doing it if I didn't think it would work though? I could say I want kicking the wheel on my car 1000 times to bring CCFC home and stand there doing it, it won't make a difference will it?

My protest is that I think drinking cans of beer will bring us home, that is what I have done, I 100% want it to make a difference ;)

Nick

Administrator

Plenty of life in me thanks ;)

The Gentleman

Yep, NOPM thanks ;) Not that I believe it will make a difference.

Wearing out the smiley today ;) Nick I see. Point is we don't know whether anything we have done or will do will actually make a difference. But surely the point is to at least try? I cannot stand Sixfields or the fact that we play there but would I go for one game to try and make a difference then yes I think I would. There are ways and means of getting into games without paying (not saying that everyone should go bilking)

DrMoose

I wouldn't see the point of doing it if I didn't think it would work though? I could say I want kicking the wheel on my car 1000 times to bring CCFC home and stand there doing it, it won't make a difference will it?

My protest is that I think drinking cans of beer will bring us home, that is what I have done, I 100% want it to make a difference ;)

Nick the whole purpose of the post was to try an encourage those that do go to Sixfields, to be able to register their own dislike at having to travel the 35 miles. As i said i respect those that go, it is their choice, but it doesn’t mean those that are going are happy with it. So rather than jumping on the bandwagon at slagging those off that do go, why not encourage those that are their to be able to show the owners they are not happy at being at Sixfields. For those of us that choose not to go, we can only form the opinion that you are giving the owners the impression it is all ok with you. Surely boycotting 1 big game on mass will send a message to the owners, that although you are their you are not happy with it, and might even make them think they can’t rely on support indefinitely.

skybluetony176

Now you're just being silly. I suggest you read something about the suffragettes or the civil rights movement in American. It's not surprising that the point of protest is lost on you, you clearly have no understanding of what the word means.

Moff

Now you're just being silly. I suggest you read something about the suffragettes or the civil rights movement in American. It's not surprising that the point of protest is lost on you, you clearly have no understanding of what the word means.

Tony, isnt it a strong to compare our situation to that of the protests by the Suffragettes and The Civil Rights Movement in America. These were huge significant issues, which were of a far more important diverse, cultural, political and historical situation than CCFC playing at Sixfields.

Still with the Derby coming up, you could always see if Sky Blue Sam could wander into the path of the horses to bring the issue to a wider audience!

Nick

Administrator

Sorry, I didn't realise I needed qualifications in American History as well as accounts and politics to be a football fan nowadays?

If people want to show their dislike then fair play to them for doing what they believe, when people say others should do this to earn respect of the others doing what they believe, not interested.

Sky Blue Pete

Let me try nick. We have all said that there is no hierarchy of supporter and we all want the best for our club. The current situation is financially disastrous for CCfc, very hard for thousands of supporters who have been season tickets holders for hundreds of years as they feel the most effective way of showing how wrong the sixfields decision is by not going and very hard for other supporters who are travelling to support a team in a city not theirs in front of poor crowds and no atmosphere.
All we have left is unity if vision which is a vision of CCfc playing in Coventry competitively.
To that end and to show unity in the diverse decisions our support has taken is different than all doing the same thing.
Therefore to show that unity it requires creativity. The march was great and united
This idea could work if we all catch the vision of it's our club.
Those fans that have been going boycott one match and for the following match those that haven't fill the ground and/or Northampton.
The aim is to say it's our club tf or ml and at best you are temporary owners of our proud historic club and we want it back in Coventry so that the support can be united.
Won't work for everyone and we need good pr
It requires sacrifice on all sides of support and will show that we as supporters are willing to make sacrifices for the bigger game

Last edited:

McLovin87

Tony, isnt it a strong to compare our situation to that of the protests by the Suffragettes and The Civil Rights Movement in America. These were huge significant issues, which were of a far more important diverse, cultural, political and historical situation than CCFC playing at Sixfields.

Still with the Derby coming up, you could always see if Sky Blue Sam could wander into the path of the horses to bring the issue to a wider audience!

What about Sky Blue Sam smashing into the path of all those other mascots when they have that annual race, now that would make the news, all that furry costumed carnage!

Nick

Administrator
Let me try nick. We have all said that there is no hierarchy of supporter and we all want the best for our club. The current situation is financially disastrous for CCfc, very hard for thousands of supporters who have been season tickets holders for hundreds of years as they feel the most effective way of showing how wrong the sixfields decision is by not going and very hard for other supporters who are travelling to support a team in a city not theirs in front of poor crowds and no atmosphere.
All we have left is unity if vision which is a vision of CCfc playing in Coventry competitively.
To that end and to show unity in the diverse decisions our support has taken is different than all doing the same thing.
Therefore to show that unity it requires creativity. The march was great and united
This idea could work if we all catch the vision of it's our club.
Those fans that have been going boycott one match and for the following match those that haven't fill the ground and/or Northampton.
The aim is to say it's our club tf or ml and at best you are temporary owners of our proud historic club and we want it back in Coventry so that the support can be united.
Won't work for everyone and we need good pr
It requires sacrifice on all sides of support and will show that we as supporters are willing to make sacrifices for the bigger game

I agree, it should be about unity. Somebody posted about scarves (while I don't think it would make much difference, it would be a good sign of unity). I wouldn't want to try and encourage or force somebody to go into a game if they didn't want to though.

kevinleftpeg

In my opinion if 'zero' Coventry City FC supporters attended our home games (LOL) we would either have this current disaster resolved by now or at least nearer the end game.
It would have made 'back page' or at least the sport section headlines across Eurpoe, let alone the UK. Even more of a PR disaster for SISU / whoever & even poorer revenue streams for them.

skybluetony176

The issues being protested off course don't compare and I never suggested they did. The point I was trying to make (badly maybe) is that protest is not about what you think will happen its about what you want to happen. You could argue that the civil rights protests in American still hasn't reached its final goal. Black people in America are still being suppressed when it comes to opportunity, health care, education etc. Does that mean the movement should never have started in the first place? I dare say if you ask the people who were there in the beginning they would tell you that they have come further than they ever believed they would in their lifetime (I never thought I'd see a black president in my lifetime) but there is still a good way to go.

So why not protest inside sixfields. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Unless, like I said you're happy with the commute.

Norman Binns

I’ll have a go at explaining Nick but I’m not convinced it’ll sink in to be honest.

CCFC is a business. Businesses needs customers and customers need servicing. If a business has no customers whatever and no prospect of customers in future, how long do you think that business would continue in the manner it is currently doing so?

Put it another way Nick. Imagine you owned a business on the high street with a steady customer base. You make the decision to re-locate out of town because the business rates are lower. The consequence of this is to lose every single customer. Would you remain out of town with no customers and no income coming in or would you consider returning to the high street?

I’m not a violent person Nick, but you are the one person I would happily punch in the side of the head with your constant nit-picking, fence sitting and general pouring of cold water on anything against the move to Sixfields.

Nick

Administrator
I’ll have a go at explaining Nick but I’m not convinced it’ll sink in to be honest.

CCFC is a business. Businesses needs customers and customers need servicing. If a business has no customers whatever and no prospect of customers in future, how long do you think that business would continue in the manner it is currently doing so?

Put it another way Nick. Imagine you owned a business on the high street with a steady customer base. You make the decision to re-locate out of town because the business rates are lower. The consequence of this is to lose every single customer. Would you remain out of town with no customers and no income coming in or would you consider returning to the high street?

I’m not a violent person Nick, but you are the one person I would happily punch in the side of the head with your constant nit-picking, fence sitting and general pouring of cold water on anything against the move to Sixfields.

Feel free to punch me if you want. :) Side of the head? What will that achieve?

I am also against the move to Sixfields, but I am also being realistic. It isn't pouring of cold water is it? It is just facing the facts that sadly there is nothing we can do. Still, nobody has tried to convince why people shouldn't go and what it would change, other than what they think?

It depends on returning to the high street I guess, if there is only the option of one premise and the owners had been overcharging me then it would put me in a rock and hard place. If there were plenty of stores and owners for me to choose from it would be a lot easier, wouldn't it?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I am also against the move to Sixfields, but I am also being realistic. It isn't pouring of cold water is it? It is just facing the facts that sadly there is nothing we can do.

It depends on returning to the high street I guess, if there is only the option of one premise and the owners had been overcharging me then it would put me in a rock and hard place. If there were plenty of stores and owners for me to choose from it would be a lot easier, wouldn't it?

Can I;)

Moff

So why not protest inside sixfields. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Unless, like I said you're happy with the commute.

Fair point Tony, about protest inside Sixfields.
I dont go though so I am probably the wrong person to take on that point.

Nick

Administrator
Sure, first one is free!

Internet+Warrior.jpg
:claping hands:

Norman Binns

I am also against the move to Sixfields, but I am also being realistic. It isn't pouring of cold water is it? It is just facing the facts that sadly there is nothing we can do.

I’d just popped out of the office for a sandwich after posting that and as an afterthought I should have asked you not respond with the usual “Where did I say that” or something equally vacuous but you’ve beaten me to it.

You’ve sidestepped my question haven’t you? I’ll ask you again. If you had a business with no customers and no income stream would you continue running that business in it’s present form?

Users who are viewing this thread