JWE …no
Norton Cuffy …. Mixed
McNally … Yes
Doyle … Yes
The young palace right back …. No
Matty James ✅
Viktor ✅ in long run, maybe not initial loan
Ostigard ✅

always a lottery, admire DK ethos, but someone like a Tyler Morton been excellent for Hull as I’d imagine not ridiculous money - that’s the type of loan be handy.

covcity4life

If we had a fully stocked squad of perms doubt people be asking for loans so much either.

It's all about depth and we can achieve that through just perms. Just loans. Or both

Deity

Matty James ✅
Viktor ✅ in long run, maybe not initial loan
Ostigard ✅

always a lottery, admire DK ethos, but someone like a Tyler Morton been excellent for Hull as I’d imagine not ridiculous money - that’s the type of loan be handy.
The irony is that Vik and Sheaf both started as loans and fans were not impressed with their loan period.

I do like loans with the option to buy.

stupot07

Our recent track record on loans is mixed at best

Ayari … no
Binks …. Mixed

previous season

JWE …no
Norton Cuffy …. Mixed
McNally … Yes
Doyle … Yes
I'd say Binks is a yes.

And you missed Panzo who was a yes

Both bolstered the squad and added depth.

Deity

I'd say Binks is a yes.

And you missed Panzo who was a yes

Both bolstered the squad and added depth.
At no point this season as Binks been the first choice centre half … hard for him to be a yes if you are asking whether loans make the difference in promo or not.

Panzo barely played after Christmas that season.

Both good squad players but not the reason for success or failure in my view.

Brighton Sky Blue

I get why he's averse to loaning in too many important squad members...but hopefully he sees from Ipswich and Hull how they can help you get over the line. The ironic thing is that Ayari next season would probably be a decent loan, he looks already a much improved player at Blackburn.

CCFCSteve

If ayari had worked out and Mason Clark came in Jan (or Saka not been put out for season shortly after) probably not needed but the way things planned out, defo needed at least one more

All ifs and buts really, much like the end of our season ! Sure we’ll get another 2-3 again but nice to go into the summer knowing the defence isn’t going back to their parent clubs….surely the main area to benefit from consistency and pre season together

Deity

If ayari had worked out and Mason Clark came in Jan (or Saka not been put out for season shortly after) probably not needed but the way things planned out, defo needed at least one more

All ifs and buts really, much like the end of our season ! Sure we’ll get another 2-3 again but nice to go into the summer knowing the defence isn’t going back to their parent clubs….surely the main area to benefit from consistency and pre season together
I’d be surprised if we didn’t sign a new keeper, centre half and may be even a left back …. That defensive unit could look quite different come the end of Aug

procdoc

It’s a no brainer to bring in loan players. Last season we had Doyle, McNally and Norton-Cuffy who were a part of one of the leanest defences in the championship. We got to a penalty kick away from the premier league with some good loan players.
The January transfer window was a bit of a disaster which has ultimately cost us

Nuskyblue

Correct. Admirable. And sensible really. But you do not get out of that league without that little but of magic from higher level players you can loan in
Correct, there is a balance to be had.

And you want the quality, Ayari was probably a bit raw in hindsight. The winger that Hull bought in from Burnley would have been grand, same with Carvalho.

clint van damme

If we had a fully stocked squad of perms doubt people be asking for loans so much either.

It's all about depth and we can achieve that through just perms. Just loans. Or both

And this is the crux of the matter, the,squads too thin.
it needs,addressing one way or another.

rexo87

Just need a bigger squad. Ideally that would be through all permanent signings but if not then loans become important

larry_david

Shame Howley seemingly hasn't worked out. Would have been great to have both Burroughs and Howley back to add depth to the squad
Howley will go out on loan to a league 1 team for 6 months I'd imagine.

Burroughs didn't do much at Ross County and has done really well at Lincoln until his injury stopped him.

I hope we stop loaning players to the SPL. Shit league with the odd decent game and half the time our lot don't get played.

pusbccfc

Ayari … no
Binks …. Mixed

previous season

JWE …no
Norton Cuffy …. Mixed
McNally … Yes
Doyle … Yes

Yep, playing devil's advocate, we had two highly rated loans this season and neither have shown that potential.

I like Binks but hasn't had the impact we'd want.

letsallsingtogether

The biggest problem is you get promoted with 3 or 4 loanees in your squad, you already have to replace these players the following season, as well as trying to strengthen a squad that is not good enough for the Prem.
That is why you come straight back down after a shit season of winning a handful of games.

JSL

I think the club has the respect from a few premier league teams after our last two seasons and what we have done on limited resource and they also respect our coaching. I wouldn't be surprised if Pep at man City looked upon us favourably and loaned us someone decent.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The biggest problem is you get promoted with 3 or 4 loanees in your squad, you already have to replace these players the following season, as well as trying to strengthen a squad that is not good enough for the Prem.
That is why you come straight back down after a shit season of winning a handful of games.
If we were in that position you have to plan for that with the increased revenue coming in .I know it would be hard but last season the Doyle and Mc Nally influence was immense.

Hertsccfc

Ayari … no
Binks …. Mixed

previous season

JWE …no
Norton Cuffy …. Mixed
McNally … Yes
Doyle … Yes
Norton-Cuffy yes
Gyokeres yes
O'Hare yes
Sheaf yes
Walsh yes

Cally Fedora

I like and support Kings stance on loans. They are not the way to build a squad. If you get to Jan and have huge injury worries then yes - take a couple. But I’d really avoid it where possible and don’t think we needed any in January. They’re expensive, can impact morale, can force team selection and you’re constantly in a full rebuild cycle.Lack of loans isn’t the biggest hindrance to getting out of the Championship - that’s the ridiculous parachute payment system - but that’s a different topic

Hertsccfc

I like and support Kings stance on loans. They are not the way to build a squad. If you get to Jan and have huge injury worries then yes - take a couple. But I’d really avoid it where possible and don’t think we needed any in January. They’re expensive, can impact morale, can force team selection and you’re constantly in a full rebuild cycle.Lack of loans isn’t the biggest hindrance to getting out of the Championship - that’s the ridiculous parachute payment system - but that’s a different topic
I get the feeling team morale was stronger last season than this.

clint van damme

Our squad has looked paper thin every January since we returned to the Championship.
If King isn't going to fund a bigger squad then he needs to change his stance on loans.

He can't have it both ways and expect Robins to achieve the objectives he's been set.

fernandopartridge

That's why I said supplement

covcity4life

Our squad has looked paper thin every January since we returned to the Championship.
If King isn't going to fund a bigger squad then he needs to change his stance on loans.

He can't have it both ways and expect Robins to achieve the objectives he's been set.
I think it's just circumstance this year. I see no reason to be worried about king so far.

Users who are viewing this thread