The New Stadium-SISU please tell us the truth!! (1 Viewer)

I was eleven in 87

Firstly, can I just say I am firmly in the "I want to stay at the Ricoh camp".
I never wanted to leave HR, I grew up there and I loved it, however what's done is done and we can of course never go back to that.
Secondly, I happen to agree with a number of others that there is a poor atmosphere at the Ricoh and would love to see the back ten rows blocked off on three sides of the ground in order to compact the ground and improve the atmosphere.
No doubt there are a number of other improvements that can be made........BUT.

If we are stuck with Sisu please can they reveal some proper details to the long suffering fans who just want to know where they stand. It's shocking communication skills on their part to still be hiding behind commercial confidentiality concerns for not informing us what the hell the state of play is now after waiting so long.
If we are to build our own ground (I don't believe we will) then give us something to work with, give us something that the fans can assist with, just engage with us instead of telling us you are listening to us, learning the lessons of the past but not displaying any evidence of that other than the old traits of total silence or trot out your current party line.
Also if you are going to build the stadium what is now stopping you working with CCC and building inside the confines of the city boundary?

Maybe someone with the nous, know how or contacts could start a new campaign to get some proper answers from the club.
I know the Cov Telegraph gets stick on a number of levels, sometimes rightly sometimes wrongly, but they have just won the Campaign of the Year award for the Bring City Home campaign, maybe they can really kickstart some proper pressure on the club to give us some concrete/proper details. Simon Gilbert over to you or anyone else out there!!

ccfc92

I want to know where this "365 day revenue" will come from.

A small football stadium in the countryside, isn't going to attract much IMO.

Otis

January - Nothing

February - Nothing

March - Nothing

April - Nothing

May - Nothing

June- Tractor convention

July - Barn Dance

August - Kissing cousins competition

Sept - Nothing

Oct - Nothing

Nov - Nothing

Dec - Santa's good ole Country Hoe Down.

Sky Blue Harry H

Therein lies the problem - they want others to pay for it's build (in a version of Ricoh part deux), but with the economy not exactly booming, I can't see them getting big companies like Tesco coughing up - unless they can persuade Poundstretcher to build a massive shop surrounding the new stadium. Would be quite apt 'The Poundstretcher' Stadium :laugh::facepalm::guitar2:

Astute

You missed out the streakers Otis.

ccfc92

Therein lies the problem - they want others to pay for it's build (in a version of Ricoh part deux), but with the economy not exactly booming, I can't see them getting big companies like Tesco coughing up - unless they can persuade Poundstretcher to build a massive shop surrounding the new stadium. Would be quite apt 'The Poundstretcher' Stadium :laugh::facepalm::guitar2:

This is why I can not agree with those that are blindly following this new stadium without knowing anything.

Show me the viability of this stadium, and I'll get behind the new stadium.

RFC

Absolutely intrigued by you comments!

How do you know where the stadium's likely to be be built and what do you mean by small?

By the way it probably won't be open on Christmas Day LOL

ccfc92

How do you know where the stadium's likely to be be built and what do you mean by small?

Very classic example this everyone.

Smart arse comments, no information at all.

Sky Blue Harry H

January - Nothing

February - Nothing

March - Nothing

April - Nothing

May - Nothing

June- Tractor convention

July - Barn Dance

Sept - Nothing

Oct - Nothing

Nov - Nothing

Surely it will be kids for a quid in the Summer months and December (i.e. when we sell the latest academy prospects off for
peanuts) - in fact, we'll probably have our own aisle in the Poundstretcher store, where scouts from the big clubs like Bournemouth, Scunthorpe and MK Dons can cherry pick the bargains :censored:)

Astute

Probably won't be open on the other 364 days either RFC.

ccfc92

Absolutely intrigued by you comments! Strange coming from you.

How do you know where the stadium's likely to be be built and what do you mean by small? 15-18K, nearly half of the Ricoh = Small.

By the way it probably won't be open on Christmas Day LOL SISU quoted 365 day revenue

Last edited:

Norman Binns

January - Nothing

February - Nothing

March - Nothing

April - Nothing

May - Nothing

June- Tractor convention

July - Barn Dance

Sept - Nothing

Oct - Nothing

Nov - Nothing

Don't be so pessimistic Otis. What about a ploughing competition in March and Harvest Festival in September. We'll be RAKING it in.

Kingokings204

RFC really has been owned already on this thread. Fair play he always comes back but with more ammo for us.

I think that's why it's so unbelievable a new stadium I mean. We are 17 posts into this thread and its thread over by post 4 tbh. Shame.

For what it's worth if the new stadium had some truth then I really think us fans would all be behind it actually. Shame it's a complete lie and no respect for us fans.

dongonzalos

I don't think it will happen

But if it did I would guess somewhere near Hinckley and 12k capacity. With 4-5 k attending.

I wonder how that adds up to a 50 year rental deal from ACL with 65% access to revenues.

torchomatic

I was 21 in 1987.

skybluetony176

I want to know where the stadium plans are. If they were serious, land deal complete or not you'd have some plans commissioned. Its not like they would have to design it around confines like existing buildings or infrastructure, they've narrowed down to 2 sites apparently that are 60 acres+. they could put it down wherever they wanted in a 60 acre site.

I want to know where the business plan is too. Where is the 365 day income coming from, where's the capital investment coming from. How have they estimated the build cost with no plans. What debt is the club going to be left with once the stadium is finished.

I can see how commercial confidentiality comes into play on tying up the land deal but the questions i want answers too are things that should have been discussed in detail with fans in the first instance, around the same time as the artist impression reared its head.

Last edited:

Rusty Trombone

I want to know where the stadium plans are. If they were serious, land deal complete or not you'd have some plans commissioned. Its not like they would have to design it around confines like existing buildings or infrastructure, they've narrowed down to 2 sites apparently that are 60 acres+. they could put it down wherever they wanted in a 60 acre site.

I want to know where the business plan is too. Where is the 365 day income coming from, where's the capital investment coming from. How have they estimated the build cost with no plans. What debt is the club going to be left with once the stadium is finished.

I can see how commercial confidentiality comes into play on tying up the land deal but the questions i want answers too are things that should have been discussed in detail with fans in the first instance, around the same time as the artist impression reared its head.

It would a high risk strategy to buy the land without getting planning permission first, so you would expect to see planning applications before they could announce they had actually bought the land.

chiefdave

The first thing I'd like to know is how much all this extra revenue is likely to add up to. You can't really look at the Ricoh as a guide as that's an exception, how many stadiums have similar facilities.

If we look at someone likes Southamptons accounts would it be possible to work out what these additional revenues might be? They would be a good comparison I think, there ground is pretty much like the Ricoh without the extra facilities and they have been down where we are recently so we could get a view on how those revenues might increase if we ever get promoted.

365 revenues sounds great but if we're paying a couple of million a year in finance to get £100K in revenue then it's not the way forward.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It would a high risk strategy to buy the land without getting planning permission first, so you would expect to see planning applications before they could announce they had actually bought the land.

But our owners aren't strangers to the idea of a conditional offer; so why not do a deal subject to planning - let us all know so we can apply pressure to make sure planning is granted?

This assumes, of course there is a stadium in the pipeline, or land, or any plan beyond Thursday week...

chiefdave

If you were buying land without planning permission wouldn't you be able to sell it on at a later date for roughly the same price?

firstly, can i just say i am firmly in the "i want to stay at the ricoh camp".
I never wanted to leave hr, i grew up there and i loved it, however what's done is done and we can of course never go back to that.
Secondly, i happen to agree with a number of others that there is a poor atmosphere at the ricoh and would love to see the back ten rows blocked off on three sides of the ground in order to compact the ground and improve the atmosphere.
No doubt there are a number of other improvements that can be made........but.

If we are stuck with sisu please can they reveal some proper details to the long suffering fans who just want to know where they stand. It's shocking communication skills on their part to still be hiding behind commercial confidentiality concerns for not informing us what the hell the state of play is now after waiting so long.
If we are to build our own ground (i don't believe we will) then give us something to work with, give us something that the fans can assist with, just engage with us instead of telling us you are listening to us, learning the lessons of the past but not displaying any evidence of that other than the old traits of total silence or trot out your current party line.
Also if you are going to build the stadium what is now stopping you working with ccc and building inside the confines of the city boundary?

Maybe someone with the nous, know how or contacts could start a new campaign to get some proper answers from the club.
I know the cov telegraph gets stick on a number of levels, sometimes rightly sometimes wrongly, but they have just won the campaign of the year award for the bring city home campaign, maybe they can really kickstart some proper pressure on the club to give us some concrete/proper details. Simon gilbert over to you or anyone else out there!!

no leaks, no rumours, no hints = nooooo frigging ground - ever !!!

Rusty Trombone

If you were buying land without planning permission wouldn't you be able to sell it on at a later date for roughly the same price?

Possibly, except you'd be down on the stamp duty and legal fees, and the lost interest on funding millions of pounds worth of land.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Possibly, except you'd be down on the stamp duty and legal fees, and the lost interest on funding millions of pounds worth of land.

But with a conditional offer, you wouldn't be out of pocket. Agree a deal, on the understanding that the money transfers and the contract is made at the point planning is agreed. SISU can then use this as leverage against the council. Given our owners insist their future lies elsewhere, isn't this the only viable way of moving forwards?

stupot07

The vast majority of clubs get some form of 365 day revenue, just Not on the scale of the Ricoh, but they still have function rooms for weddings, meeting, workshops,etc. I've been to a few meetings and events at The butts.

http://www.coventryrfc.co.uk/conference-events

Here's some more lower league examples..

http://www.leytonorient.com/commercial/conferencingevents/

http://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/commercial/functions/index.aspx

I could go on....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

NorthernWisdom

But with a conditional offer, you wouldn't be out of pocket. Agree a deal, on the understanding that the money transfers and the contract is made at the point planning is agreed. SISU can then use this as leverage against the council. Given our owners insist their future lies elsewhere, isn't this the only viable way of moving forwards?

tbh it's why I'm surprised they didn't buy land straight off. Forget planning etc, take the chance you might actually make a profit as prices rise, and have more to show then a drawing to convince people you're serious.

skybluetony176

Which stage of planning does it get to before you complete the land deal?

Its been a while but IIRC they're 4 stages. 1st outline application, we want to build a football ground etc. on this 60 acre sight. 2nd outline application consent, 3rd detailed application, for this you need detailed plans not an artist impression of what the finished article could look like. 4th detailed application consent.

Rusty Trombone

Exactly, a conditional offer wouldn't incur those costs, but I was replying to dave's question that was based on the purchase happening.

I'm not convinced that fans pressure to allow planning permission, where it wouldn't be given anyway, is particularly viable.

skybluetony176

tbh it's why I'm surprised they didn't buy land straight off. Forget planning etc, take the chance you might actually make a profit as prices rise, and have more to show then a drawing to convince people you're serious.

and even if you cant get planning for a stadium you could always apply for much needed housing. that would add value over night to the site i would imagine?

Rusty Trombone

Which stage of planning does it get to before you complete the land deal?

Its been a while but IIRC they're 4 stages. 1st outline application, we want to build a football ground etc. on this 60 acre sight. 2nd outline application consent, 3rd detailed application, for this you need detailed plans not an artist impression of what the finished article could look like. 4th detailed application consent.

You can complete at any point, but you normally see the land prices rise as planning permission becomes more likely.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

However they do it - complete the transaction and hope to make cash on a value uplift, or the conditional offer route above - it puts pressure on the council. CCC aren't going to want to look difficult after recent events and therefore to an extent, they're over a barrel. That is, to emphasise again, this option only works if SISU have any appetite to build whatsoever...

Astute

What chance have we of them building a stadium when they can't even build bridges.

Users who are viewing this thread