The new manager will be.... (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Funny how we all 'read between the lines' so to speak of the latest club response?

Obviously a dozen or so as reported are crank applications so that narrows the list and then among those remaining another dozen are probably easily dismissed. Add a few agents touting their man and we won't want to be giving agents money that would suggest another half dozen off that list.

So we remain with a dozen or so serious candidates of which may include someone in a job already not being ruled out but from the sound of it unlikely to be considered unless 'outstanding'. So I doubt that's Wilder...

Seems to me the list will be of experienced candidates currently out of work who have knowledge of this league and the championship as a main criteria. That would eliminate experienced heads such as Strachan. Someone like McCarthy has spent too long in the premiership recently and the championship and little experience of the lower leagues.

So you can see by deducing what's being said and applying it sensibly the list gets more obvious about who could possibly be the remaining candidates they could possibly be looking at...

Perhaps without my suggestion it would be useful to see who you all think could remain on that list given what I've said above?
It's down to a half dozen or so.

Can you name them?

Last edited:

stevo_ccfc

Linnell said that blackwell has been studying coaching methods at clubs around Europe including Barcelona and Madrid. If this is true then he will hopefully have learnt a bit more about football than the direct stuff he used to play

Sutty

Linnell said that blackwell has been studying coaching methods at clubs around Europe including Barcelona and Madrid. If this is true then he will hopefully have learnt a bit more about football than the direct stuff he used to play

If that's true I'd be a lot more open to him getting the job. Remember the dramatic turnaround in Holloway's career?

I don't think Linnell is anywhere near as 'in the know' as he likes to make out though.

SkyBlueScottie

Boothroyd also carried out such trips..... Yes its good they are trying to improve, but if they go and fail to pick up the good bits......

Up North Sky Blue

I have a funny feeling that Wise would be too much hassle for Fisher, someone like Blackwell is looking more favourable, although Wise is exactly the kind of manager/person we need right now to lift the gloom, weed out the men from the boys and put some glamour back into the club.

stevo_ccfc

If that's true I'd be a lot more open to him getting the job. Remember the dramatic turnaround in Holloway's career?

I don't think Linnell is anywhere near as 'in the know' as he likes to make out though.

Exactly, Holloway stopped the long ball and turned Blackpool into a passing team good enough to get into the premier

I agree linnell is a tit, he probably got His information from the net somewhere

Grendel

Exactly, Holloway stopped the long ball and turned Blackpool into a passing team good enough to get into the premier

I agree linnell is a tit, he probably got His information from the net somewhere

It's on Wiki so yes that's where he got it.

Black6Osprey

I'd like someone like Alex McLeish, Billy Davies or Ray Wilkins. But I'm expecting Gary Megson, Graham Alexander, Steve Cotterill, Nigel Worthington or Sean Dyche.

rswxite

Wise, Blackwell, Ince, Dyche and Davies!

One of them five! Of which only Ince would be a poor appointment IMO.

skyblue1523

blackwell will be a bad move ask any sheff utd leeds and luton fans i live in sheffield now i would rather we went for mark robins very good manger and a ex striker to boot

Paxman II

Interesting that after my Op comments all we get a sustained few remarks about Blackwell for the most part and the obvious crowd pleasing Wise choice.

Can no one actually come up with a few more likely serious candidates? If it's so difficult then you see just what a difficult job is is for Fisher/Waggot?

TBH I can't really think of a truly 'outstanding' candidate myself bearing in mind the aforementioned 'criteria'.

stevo_ccfc

Well their job is considerably easier because they have had names given to then all they need to do is pick the best cv's then interview. We only have speculation to make our shortlist which limits our options somewhat

torchomatic

I'd like Tisdale or someone similar. Not too ken on appointing someone like Wise. Nostalgia shouldn't play a part in the selection.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'd like Tisdale or someone similar. Not too ken on appointing someone like Wise. Nostalgia shouldn't play a part in the selection.

Rationale behind wanting Tisdale? Touted by a lot on here but nothing to suggest he would thrive here.

torchomatic

He's had success in lower leagues as has Wilder, I'd have him here too. I can't see the rationale behind Wise. If he hadn't played for us then no one would mention him. He hasn't been in the game since 2008. People say we should have him because he's a winner. So was Terry Butcher and Phil Neal.

Rationale behind wanting Tisdale? Touted by a lot on here but nothing to suggest he would thrive here.

Black6Osprey

blackwell will be a bad move ask any sheff utd leeds and luton fans i live in sheffield now i would rather we went for mark robins very good manger and a ex striker to boot

What makes Robins a good manager? The fact he failed to get promoted even though he had Adam Le Fondre up front or when in his 2 seasons with Barnsley he finished 18th and then surged upwards to 17th in his glory season. There's no such thing as a sure bet when it comes to picking a new manager but bloody hell lets try a bit better than that.

Brighton Sky Blue

Accept that Torch but he hasn't succeeded for a number of seasons now and the situation at CCFC dwarfs Exeter by a long shot. We need a man with experience (and recent experience at that) at this level who would not find himself out of his depth. Preston's appointment of Westley being a good example.

torchomatic

Granted, BSB. It's a risk with whoever is unlucky enough to land in the hot seat. I don't envy him whoever it turns out to be.

Accept that Torch but he hasn't succeeded for a number of seasons now and the situation at CCFC dwarfs Exeter by a long shot. We need a man with experience (and recent experience at that) at this level who would not find himself out of his depth. Preston's appointment of Westley being a good example.

Macca

I know nothing about current football outside CCFC so I ll probably be happy with whoever. Who is tisdale?

Grendel

Granted, BSB. It's a risk with whoever is unlucky enough to land in the hot seat. I don't envy him whoever it turns out to be.

Surely we should wait until Cyrils boss buys us so we can appoint a real big name?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I know nothing about current football outside CCFC so I ll probably be happy with whoever. Who is tisdale?
Paul Tisdale

Exeter manager, got back to back promotions from Conference to League 1. Finished 8th in first season in league 1. Was relegated from league 1 back to league 2 last season with only 2 away wins

Sick Boy

Didn't Boothroyd do something similar?

skybluedaze

Agree with that, Blackwell is useless. Mark Robins wouldn't be bad. He did well at Rotherham. Heard Jim Magilton is in the running. Not sure about him? :thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread