The MVE / Klopp Thing (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Not a fan personally. Another thing that everyone seems to copy.

Give it a year or two and no one will do it anymore.

stay_up_skyblues

I mean a whole mid table team with nothing to play for doing it after winning by two own goals away at the team in seventh goes beyond cringe. That’s pathetic.

Updated. It’s similar tinpot as when blues fans did a pitch invasion to celebrate a third (I think) round league cup win against Villa at home.

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

Or just say that I think it's cringeworthy.

I bet you have signs asking for shirts too?

I’m would ban the signs and anybody caught putting one up gets a two match ban. For every fan that gains so many others lose out.

I don’t mind the end of the game thing but they looked odd doing it half a dozen times

Nick

Administrator
I’m would ban the signs and anybody caught putting one up gets a two match ban. For every fan that gains so many others lose out.

I don’t mind the end of the game thing but they looked odd doing it half a dozen times

MVE often goes round and does it to all the stands at home games.

CovLis86

It's not for me - seemingly copying / emulating celebrations from teams, players and managers one league above us, of which we are aiming to be in, just makes us seem a bit tinpot. In my opinion. Fair enough the kids and tiktok generation all likely love it.

AOM

Still better than when most teams in England started doing the Viking clap after seeing Iceland do it at the Euro's

Tommo1993

Rarely ever stop by to see it. FT whistle, I’m off. Leave the namby pamby applause to you lot.

Flying Fokker

It's not for me - seemingly copying / emulating celebrations from teams, players and managers one league above us, of which we are aiming to be in, just makes us seem a bit tinpot. In my opinion. Fair enough the kids and tiktok generation all likely love it.
Didn’t Van Ejwik do that with his old team? First time we’d used it wasn’t it?

Adge

Fair enough busting it out against Wolves because of the circumstances etc.
Yes. It is a German thing, specifically a Dortmund thing.
I dont like players hugging and kissing each other and dancing after goals. A simple handshake and 'good show old chap' should suffice.
Must say I find it quite amusing when a celebration is choreographed. Jimmy Bullard’s Phil Brown finger wagging one was a belter.
Going a bit further back Ian Wright and Neil Ruddock doing the Di Canio Paul Alcock Referee push. 😂

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

No, every one of their players did it, then their manager, then their subs.

Surprised the coach driver didn't rock up.

Just taking the piss I guess. 🤬

Users who are viewing this thread