The Mr Labovitch interview CWR 06/12/2013 (3 Viewers)

The Gentleman

Can somebody please explain to me exactly who this nomark Labovitch is please and what it is exactly that he does for our football club, why is he being wheeled out for interviews and what he hopes to gain from what he is saying.

wingy

Its strange Is'nt It .Last season Fisher called the £!0K. per match payments Matchday Costs ,now Labovitch Protests they're rent . he also said the Nil Lamptey podcast referred to this rent free offer ,but thats the first I heard ,definately David Conn broke that.

italiahorse

I suspect the deal is ...

Free rental but any costs associated with putting the match on are paid by the club. This means no profit other than f&B for ACL.
Sisu have put their spin on it and attached a figure of £12,000 per game but have they been quoted this or just estimating. Are they giving a high figure as propaganda.
Stewards, doctors, police are paid on top of this regardless of location. obviously bigger crowds bigger costs.

skybluelee

Bigger matchday costs.......what about the extra £100k ticket revenue MINIMUM per match?

Oh labovitch, you twat.

bigfatronssba

£12k a game doesn't seem all that much to me anyway.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I suspect the deal is ...

Free rental but any costs associated with putting the match on are paid by the club. This means no profit other than f&B for ACL.
Sisu have put their spin on it and attached a figure of £12,000 per game but have they been quoted this or just estimating. Are they giving a high figure as propaganda.
Stewards, doctors, police are paid on top of this regardless of location. obviously bigger crowds bigger costs.

This is where SISU's plan does make sense.

By taking the club to Northampton they minimise the attendances and hence keep all the "match day costs" as low as possible.

Genius really.

bigfatronssba

This is where SISU's plan does make sense.

By taking the club to Northampton they minimise the attendances and hence keep all the "match day costs" as low as possible.

Genius really.

It will screw them over on ffp though.

AJB1983

And isn't ffp what fisher kept going on about?
Their lies unravel with the next one they spout. They've realised that the fans know it was never about the rent or revenues, getting personal now and they still think the council should deal with them and sell up? Beyond belief.

James Smith

£12k a game doesn't seem all that much to me anyway.

It is if you're comparing that figure with the tiny amount of revenue and therefore matchday costs that the attendances at Sixfields are generating. Not quite the same as the revenues they're likely to get at the Ricoh. But then the leaseholders ACL aren't having their "unlawful actions" contested in court, and apparently Mr Labovitch wants to get independent valuations of the club, not the Ricoh, done before a sale. You heard it first on CWR folks.

Last edited:

coop

12k wheen your going to get 10:000 plus paying fans on an average of £15 each is frick all more sisu bollocks.They want it all for nothing fucking useless buisness people.I think tims calculator must be broke

Warwickhunt

Thanks for the link, chickentikkamasala.

I know what I make of it: Mark Labovitch = yet another twat supposedly 'running' our once famous club. Onye Igwe, Deluded Orange Ken, the Canadian 'text-a-sub' joker, the liar Fisher ('we've paid £800K rent' conveniently forgetting that the majority came from the Escrow account) - when will it end?
and who put the money in the Escrow account to begin with? CCFC did!

James Smith

and who put the money in the Escrow account to begin with? CCFC did!
Are you 100% on that because I seem to recall it being someone else originally though the club may have topped it up.

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

Are you 100% on that because I seem to recall it being someone else.

I thought it was some sort of FA grant. Cant be certain of that, just something I seem to remember OSB saying.

James Smith

no he's saying it was deposited through Mcginnity /Robinson.

Might have been but I can't remember exactly who it was. I'm doing a search now.

James Smith

Might have been but I can't remember exactly who it was. I'm doing a search now.

Mr Ferret - just for clarity the club did not deposit the money into the Escrow account. The money in that account was from an FA/Football Foundation grant whilst the Ricoh complex was being built. It was going to be £1m grant but because by the time it was awarded the stadium was already built and the amount was halved. The stipulation on the money was that it wouldn't be given directly to the football club as the then owners were making such a mess of things fiscally they knew it would simply just disappear down a black hole. The money was then placed into a Debt Guarantee fund which became the Escrow. The actual value of the Escrow is £1m - £500k is from this grant whilst the other £500k is a guarantee from Robinson and McGinnity, although Sir Geoff does tend to forget about his half.

The Escrow was not a piggy bank the club could simply dip into when it felt like it - the money was not technically ever theirs and their legal obligation is to top it back up to £500k. Under the new agreement the Escrow was reduced to £200k.

It would be true to say ACL have received £800k but it is not true to say it is the club have paid £800k rent.

It is all these half truths that the Trust is trying to cut through by putting a set of questions to both sides - ACL have been met and answered with their version, meeting with CCFC (Fisher, Clarke and Labovitch) on Tuesday. Results of questions will be published asap after meeting. We won't be editing or mediating or commenting on answers given simply publishing them and letting people make their own minds up.

Users who are viewing this thread