The morning after the night that wasnt to be. (1 Viewer)

skyblue1991

Gutted more than yesterday going out for a few this afternoon where I know a Leeds fan who was born in Coventry will try and wind me(need to keep my head as can't get barred from my local) but hopefully they go down.
Your Leeds fan mate will be quiet at 18:30 don't worry

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

Feeling okay this morning (hangover aside). Didn’t fancy us if it went to penalties because I didn’t think we had 5 good penalty takers. How wrong was I, amazed it went to six.

Finding it hard to be disappointed TBH. Just wasn’t expecting to be in the final even when we qualified for for the playoffs so I managed my expectations well from the off.

Couldn’t be more pleased and proud of our performance which might sound odd given we wasn’t in the game first half but the way we changed up and stepped up second half was pure class.

Just looking forward to next season now. Clearly we’re about to have one of the biggest summers in our history with you would at least think Vic going and most likely Hamer too so expecting a big rebuild which I find both exciting and nerve racking in equal measures.

Robins and Vivash have built and improved the team season on season so I have that in the back of my mind and the faith in them that they can do that again. Playoffs with games to spare or automatic has got to be the target for next season. Hopefully the latter, don’t think I can take playoffs again.

Onwards and upwards.

torchomatic

In the Wembley Premier Inn this morning there were quite a few fans from Stockport, Carlisle and Sheffield Wednesday. My lad had his top on and a few of their fans offered commiserations. All said we were a great team and Robins a great manager.

Proud of my lad too, disappointed but philosophical.

Sky Blue Harry H

Set your dog on them if they start.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
Looks like a 'sweetie' but if he doesn't like the look of you. Got offered a 'shoulder to cry on' plus a 'virtual' box of tissues by another City fan who I see over the park. now off to see how Leicester are getting on before commiserating with my leicester supporting mate (a surprisingly nice bloke, with only the normal number of fingers and toes!)

pipkin73

In the Wembley Premier Inn this morning there were quite a few fans from Stockport, Carlisle and Sheffield Wednesday. My lad had his top on and a few of their fans offered commiserations. All said we were a great team and Robins a great manager.

Proud of my lad too, disappointed but philosophical.
Wore my City Top with pride today whilst doing my sports deliveries. Was stopped non stop with people saying they wanted us to win, commiserations on the loss and also, fair play to you wearing your top today.
I just said, once City always City and we will be back (let's hope not 22 years) since that dam sign was last shown lol.

alexccfc99

We've had a lot of luck in recent seasons, we've earned it some might say but yesterday our luck ran out.
Luck???

This season alone we were games behind due to matters beyond our control and been crocked with injuries constantly

if that’s our supposed good luck I’d hate to see what our bad luck is like

skyblu3sk

Feeling slightly more positive today after another sleep there have been loads of teams with a similar recruitment style to us that have done well so the players we need are out there. I'd like to get the recruitment done early before whatever fee we get for Gyok is leaked and we get in to silly pricing. I also think an evolution to how we play is coming less focus on a few good players with some of our more average performers/less gifted players dropping to the bench. I'm looking forward to seeing COH and Palmer back on the pitch as I think we missed some of their flare this season and COH could take up some of the ball winning Hamer does if he is off which will be a huge miss. Overall I expect us to move to a slightly less direct style as I can't think of many players with Gyoks ability to hold up a ball and bring other players in to the game.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Wore my City hoodie yesterday and wil be wearing another City hoodie today.

Very proud of my team.

You can come out of the cupboard now Otis. 🥴

Harry

It doesn't feel great but I sort of console myself that Luton did finish ten points ahead of us and Middlesbrough five. Over the season we weren't quite good enough but did bloody well

AJB1983

Yeah I’m really sad, the more it sinks in.

but the fact that we’ll probably lose Viktor and Gus (the two best players to play for us since 2001 in my opinion) exacerbates it for me.
Plus the loanee’s saying goodbye (in particular mcnally, Doyle, JWE and BNC) - they’ve been absolute quality and if there was a way to keep them then I’d be well happy.

just hope it wasn't our only shot at it…
O’Hare coming back will be like a new signing, Palmer fully fit from the off as well, we need either to throw some money at gus and Viktor to try and keep them for one last proper go, or some extremely good recruitment (which should be easier given where we’ve got to this season), and a good start to season.

quinn1971

What we thinking genuine asking prices would be for gykores and hamer, maybe a chance of keeping both unless we get what we wanted for them, prob wishful thinking but you never know,

nunchuckas

The losing on penalties doesn't bother me, it's the Hamer going off injured and 'what if' scenario that tortures me, really felt like we'd go on to win it before he went off.

I already grieved for losing Vik in January and resigned to us selling him for the greater good of getting some serious money to improve the overall squad. Gus would be a big loss, I'd love us to keep him, albeit it's very unlikely. He dragged us into the playoffs and through them right up until he went off injured, he's been a man possessed, and if the last few months are his new standard, would be incredible to keep him. Will break my heart when he leaves, I should have known better than to catch feelings for a player... First time I've idolised someone this strongly since Robbie Keane.... difference was I was 12 then!

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

The losing on penalties doesn't bother me, it's the Hamer going off injured and 'what if' scenario that tortures me, really felt like we'd go on to win it before he went off.

I already grieved for losing Vik in January and resigned to us selling him for the greater good of getting some serious money to improve the overall squad. Gus would be a big loss, I'd love us to keep him, albeit it's very unlikely. He dragged us into the playoffs and through them right up until he went off injured, he's been a man possessed, and if that's his new standard, would be incredible to keep him. Will break my heart when he leaves, I should have known better than to catch feelings for a player... First time I've felt like this since Robbie Keane....I was 12 then though!
Such an unlucky injury too

Mucca Mad Boys

No less than £20m for yok
No less than £10m for Hamer
No point otherwise
Newcastle are watching Gyokeres yesterday… Hoping they’re willing to spend £25-30 million on him.

It does seem most Prem teams have an interest in him, which bodes well for getting a deal on advantageous terms. If we genuinely hold out for £20+ million, it’ll show that this new regime is willing to negotiate harder than the last. Under SISU it did always seem that we could’ve got higher fees.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Newcastle are watching Gyokeres yesterday… Hoping they’re willing to spend £25-30 million on him.

It does seem most Prem teams have an interest in him, which bodes well for getting a deal on advantageous terms. If we genuinely hold out for £20+ million, it’ll show that this new regime is willing to negotiate harder than the last. Under SISU it did always seem that we could’ve got higher fees.
Swap for Wilson.

AJB1983

That's our season all over. 🥴
I think you could probably sum up our season in that one game…. Gave the opposition a head start, looked really good once we’d got our act together, rode our luck at times, and then injuries to key players (Hamer going off, palmer not being fully fit, and then Doyle) probably ultimately did for us, and then it came down to who could hold their nerve….

Also don’t know what anyone else thinks, if we could vote again I’d have the Wembley goal as goal of the season. Almost a perfect Cov goal that.

Users who are viewing this thread