The money in the premier league (1 Viewer)

kg82

Dunno, I've not checked. How many teams at this level have as many empty seats as we do week in week out? If people wanna go but can't afford it, there's enough scope for cheaper tickets when you've got a big empty ground.
Price isn't my personal issue, but it will be for some.
As for saying we'll lose out financially as we won't sell enough to offset the cheaper price. We don't know that, if Mowbray stays and we look like we're interested in having a go, who knows?
If you don't think we would sell enough and its purely about guaranteed incomes, you may as well stick the prices up, the diehards will still pay it.

Pretty much every ground in this league will have empty seats. Doesn't matter about the size of the ground.
Like I say, I agree football is too expensive. But you can't expect your club to break the mould because you want it to unless something drastic happens at the top end of the game.

M&B Stand

Pretty much every ground in this league will have empty seats. Doesn't matter about the size of the ground.
Like I say, I agree football is too expensive. But you can't expect your club to break the mould because you want it to unless something drastic happens at the top end of the game.

I think I does matter, the corners or behind the goal could be cheaper if they're gonna be empty anyway. Money is an issue in an area like Coventry.
Agree about the top end of the game being excessive but I'm not sure how you fight the market when it's supply and demand.

pusbccfc

The prices don't matter for most people. We had tickets for a tenner just before Christmas and there was only 10,000 there.

I reckon we could give tickets away for free and struggle to sell out right now.

stupot07

The attendance for the Crewe game this Saturday will prove that you wont even double the crowd when halving the price.

And that's the problem. If you don't double he crowd you lose money, but fans will still expect more investment in the playing side against a backdrop of falling income.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covcity4life

bullshit. its last game of a terrible season

next year there will be renewed optimism

yeovil drop off was bad but we are in legaue 1. cant expect more than 12-15k imo. and we need to be a winning team too

Users who are viewing this thread