The Missing 20,000 Fans (1 Viewer)

BackRoomRummermill

Will all turn up if we get any of the Top 6 at home in tommorrows draw !

I hope you guys who were there today get your ticket !

I am back in UK at Christmas and will go to all the Cov Games but will miss the FA Cup

ccfcway

i am one of the missing 20k

i wont go if we get Man Utd or anyone else at the ricoh.

muners

So called glory fans will only start coming up if we get to a quarter final or near the heady hights of top ten!!!!

skybluehugh

I am not a glory fan, I have been following the SB's since early 70's, but I will NOT give any of my hard earned cash to the club destroying b*****s that are our so called owners. Not only are they doing their leval best to ruin our club they are now trying to do the same to ACL and blaming them for the state of CCFC.

coundonskyblue

All of us, have had to sit through years of crap. Anyone under the age of 30 have never known any good times, the best I ever seen us do was 11th in the Prem (hardly a glittering achievement for a team that had been there 30 years).

So after years of supporting City through thin and thin, have we not earned the right to pick and choose which games we go to?

kepit 2 yusen

I go to games at home and get to quite a few away. I don't agree with what Sisu have done in the past but they are continuing to fund and they have put their hands in their pockets this season.
I'm NOT going to sit and sulk at home and stay away from my sky blues because I didn't get my own way. All that does is contribute to the clubs hardship. The football is getting better, we have promise and I bet the sunny day supporters will soon be in the ticket queues once we get a glimpse of some success.
Please yourself by staying away but I won't ! To watch the bad times and the improving times makes you appreciate the good times more - PUSB

muners

If we get Chelsea or Manu the ground will have 32000 in it for sure............ I am on planet reality mate where are you ? struggling with an abacus no doubt :D
note the lower number, recalling the average gate this season. not the 26k your looking at. where you been, shef weds week in week out. we struggle each week to reach 20k. like others have said. bad times all round. Five quid in v shef utd is a good offer. the club should be running offers every week.at least to get arses on seats.

BackRoomRummermill

note the lower number, recalling the average gate this season. not the 26k your looking at. where you been, shef weds week in week out. we struggle each week to reach 20k. like others have said. bad times all round. Five quid in v shef utd is a good offer. the club should be running offers every week.at least to get arses on seats.

Mate , you have totally missed the point of this thread, I will give you a clue. How many went to Arsena awayl in the LC midweek ?

Also 31,407 vs Chelsea,
FA Cup, 8 March 2009

There you go mate

SkyBlue_Bear83

All of us, have had to sit through years of crap. Anyone under the age of 30 have never known any good times, the best I ever seen us do was 11th in the Prem (hardly a glittering achievement for a team that had been there 30 years).

So after years of supporting City through thin and thin, have we not earned the right to pick and choose which games we go to?
Spare a though for those who have never seen us in the prem

The best I have seen us do is 8th in the championship

Skyblue4u

Will all turn up if we get any of the Top 6 at home in tommorrows draw !

I hope you guys who were there today get your ticket !

I am back in UK at Christmas and will go to all the Cov Games but will miss the FA Cup

If you think 20k will turn up to watch the likes of Tranmere and Doncaster then clearly you are on the same drugs as sisu :eek:

psgm1

Banned
Considering what crap has been dished up, its amazing cov get around 10k. For its position in leasgue 6k is a good attendance. Playing for just 45 mins or less per game, struggling against the mighty Morecambe, unable to hold on to leads, and most likely going to lose the top scorer in Jan.

Champions league on Tuesday, freezing cold, and poor performances, not a chance of a "big" gate. And what planet is that guy saying SiSU are puttng their hands in their pockets! How many players did cov buy this season? Players were brought in on loan. Indeed I think the total spend was around £250k - considering they sold Keogh for a hefty relative fee, and BIGI, SiSU haven't spent a Penny (not even on rent!)

ACL have no choice but to file for bankruptcy of ARVO, and as that takes a while to process, I suspect SiSU will again "save" the club by paying money to ACL. If cov have been turned round as some claim, then recouping the 10 points will be easily achievable, and admin will finally rid cov of the disease that is SiSU.

1nilandwe...

I hate this 'part-time supporters' tag.
If I have a limited amount of money and a limited amount of time and can only make a certain number of matches a season, do you think I should choose Morecambe and Burton Albion at home? or Arsenal away and (hopefully) a big Prem side at home?
Not everyone can go up every week and nor should they be judged for not doing so.

kepit 2 yusen

Considering what crap has been dished up, its amazing cov get around 10k. For its position in leasgue 6k is a good attendance. Playing for just 45 mins or less per game, struggling against the mighty Morecambe, unable to hold on to leads, and most likely going to lose the top scorer in Jan.<br />
<br />
Champions league on Tuesday, freezing cold, and poor performances, not a chance of a &quot;big&quot; gate. And what planet is that guy saying SiSU are puttng their hands in their pockets! How many players did cov buy this season? Players were brought in on loan. Indeed I think the total spend was around £250k - considering they sold Keogh for a hefty relative fee, and BIGI, SiSU haven't spent a Penny (not even on rent!)<br />
<br />
ACL have no choice but to file for bankruptcy of ARVO, and as that takes a while to process, I suspect SiSU will again &quot;save&quot; the club by paying money to ACL. If cov have been turned round as some claim, then recouping the 10 points will be easily achievable, and admin will finally rid cov of the disease that is SiSU.
<br />
<br />

Yawn !!!
There's just no pleasing some people - best stay away eh ! ;-)
Fully understand the poster who said finances are an issue for attending - I don't think anybody would criticise you for not attending for those reasons. It's great that you show if and when you can.
It's the constant wingers and moaners that flatten my tits, I had one behind me at the game today, did nothing but criticise, rant and rave. He was a fecking pain in the arse and I honestly wondered why he bothered.
His not a fan, he's a distraction and should be made to sit in the away end everytime.

BackRoomRummermill

The facts are this.

If Cov draw a big club 20000 people from Coventry and surrounding area who, never mind this forum or even know who the manager is will be falling over themselves to go to the match . they will finish work early, queue have a small story to tell about how hard it is to get the ticket. They will get the ticket go and support Cov and ask who is number 7 again ?

They will then when quizzed deny ever being a Cov fan and they are a load of shit. It is true I am afraid and they could not give a real shite about Cov, To these 20000 it is like going to watch Micheal Buble at the O2 as they are not going to see Cov as we already know it is about a spectacle to see.

This is the point of the post

You make your own mind up by all means.................

Black6Osprey

The facts are this.

If Cov draw a big club 20000 people from Coventry and surrounding area who, never mind this forum or even know who the manager is will be falling over themselves to go to the match . they will finish work early, queue have a small story to tell about how hard it is to get the ticket. They will get the ticket go and support Cov and ask who is number 7 again ?

They will then when quizzed deny ever being a Cov fan and they are a load of shit. It is true I am afraid and they could not give a real shite about Cov, To these 20000 it is like going to watch Micheal Buble at the O2 as they are not going to see Cov as we already know it is about a spectacle to see.

I agree but it's been this way for a long time. Our core support isn't that large and it hasn't been in over 30 years.

When Man U rolled into town in the 90s and our capacity was 24,000, when they scored 1/3 of the ground started dancing in the aisles.

We are a 15,000 home support club when things are going well, the rest of our crowd is made up with away fans in the main.

A big cup tie at home to one of the big boys will have people queuing up to see them, not us and not really giving a shit if we win or lose as long as the top players are playing they will be happy.

The facts are this.

MB is one of our biggest rivals?

Johnnythespider

They should put the 6000 who were there today in the away end and sell the rest to the away support, then we can pretend it's an away game like the team do with the 4,5,1 formation :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread