the mcg confidence factor (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

its so obvious from interviews that he fills the rest of the team with so much confidence

baker,christie and clarke are jsut a few of the players waxing lyrical about him, they feel with him we can make playoffs

but without him? will we collapse?

so lets say we replace him with a capable scorer,will it be enough? im worried our new found form may falter as existing players will lose their confidence in themselves

or maybe robins has already instilled permanent drive and determination with or without mcgoaldrought(LOVE that stupid name)

what do you guys think?

TommyZoom

I think the winning in general will install extra confidence.

Which then people ask...Can we do it without McGoldrick?

Yes, we can win games, but I don't know if it will be enough to become playoff hopefuls. But we will see what happens, who Robins brings in if McGoldrick departs.

skybluesteve76

We aren't a one man team, far from it in fact!
I think we will do well with or without him.
We are creating a lot more chances and goals are coming from all over the pitch.
Robins has instilled that confidence in the players, not Mcgoldrick!

covcity4life

but mcg helps make those chances too

his 3rd goal vs donny was a move that he contributed to witha delightful backheel lay off, he also assited bartons goal in the build up

cody can score but doesnt help out much

Steve.B50

He will leave lets just agree on that, Shame as he could stay being a hero at a club that is looking forward or sit on the bench at a Championship club.
SISU do not have a clue, if they signed him he would be a massive asset to the club and worth a great deal more than we would pay.

Diehard Si

no i will not agree on that, ruining this forum recently all you posters with your 100% proof hes gone.

While I don't claim to be anyone that's heard anything about Mcgoldrick, just ask yourself to look back over our record in these matters. In light of the worst off the pitch troubles that we've probably ever known, do you really expect this to be the time they change?

The only way to not be disappointed as a Cov fan is to expect disappointment.

torchomatic

The thing is we would probably have had enough goals to win matches even without his goals. However, I think his confidence and plays is infectious. We really need SISU to pull out all the stops on this one.

covcity4life

While I don't claim to be anyone that's heard anything about Mcgoldrick, just ask yourself to look back over our record in these matters. In light of the worst off the pitch troubles that we've probably ever known, do you really expect this to be the time they change?

The only way to not be disappointed as a Cov fan is to expect disappointment.

i understand people being wary and cautious considering our past

but this attitude of NO CHANCE IN HELL(vince macmahon style) is wrong imo

there are plus points to joining cov too like playing all time,continuing form, winning a cup,promotion and an individual scoring award.

there is a chance he will sign with us thats all i am saying

Astute

McG leaving is the next negative to be picked up on. The last one was we could never get anywhere near the playoffs. 14th would be a good finish ;)

A few of us believed we could make it at least to the playoffs. The deluded ones also believe he could also be here for the rest of the season.

I am still deluded. I still believe.

Otis

McG leaving is the next negative to be picked up on. The last one was we could never get anywhere near the playoffs. 14th would be a good finish ;)

A few of us believed we could make it at least to the playoffs. The deluded ones also believe he could also be here for the rest of the season.

I am still deluded.

Good lad. Finally coming round to my thinking.

cloughie

The thing is we would probably have had enough goals to win matches even without his goals. However, I think his confidence and plays is infectious. We really need SISU to pull out all the stops on this one.

I have been saying this on here, yet a certain faction seem to think it's not sisu's problem, the club have to survive within their means etc :thinking about:

Astute

Good lad. Finally coming round to my thinking.

I am astute. I am deluded. I have said there is a chance of the playoffs all season.

Some people don't realise how poor this division is. We just demolished a side away from home that was looking at going top. Just had a wager at 40 for us to win the division. We can do it. We should fear nobody. They sure will fear us now.

covcity4life

Yeh I have also been deluded all season long
I am astute. I am deluded. I have said there is a chance of the playoffs all season.

Some people don't realise how poor this division is. We just demolished a side away from home that was looking at going top. Just had a wager at 40 for us to win the division. We can do it. We should fear nobody. They sure will fear us now.

Mucca Mad Boys

[/B]
I have been saying this on here, yet a certain faction seem to think it's not sisu's problem, the club have to survive within their means etc :thinking about:

Well, the best we can do is offer the best contract and transfer fee we can - if that isn't enough, it isn't enough. Maybe if the rent was reduced or more fans got going to the games, we'd be able to offer a little bit more.

Otis

It's a funny old game though isn't it.

There's the possibility that if were to lose on Saturday against Preston we could be back to being 10 points adrift of 6th place again.

Not saying that is going to happen but things can change very quickly.

My problem all along this season (apart from AT and the possible losing of McGoldrick) is that of us being able to sustain form.

We're doing great at the moment but there's still a long way to go. We have a blip now and we could be further away from the top 6 than we have been for a couple of months.

As I have said before, let's see where we are in January and if we still have DMC and Bailey and how many points we are behind. Let's hope we have replaced DMC and Bailey adequately too should that scenario arise ..... that's if we are allowed to replace them at all. Who knows with this club. Could be a case of stick with what we've got.

Got a funny feeling about Saturday for some reason. Maybe based on the fact that every time we've been here before and we think we are on to something and believe we will win, we fail.

Next 3 games are massive.

georgehudson

thus, by the end of the year, our obdurate and myopic owners will be judged,
forget F & W they will only dance to the tune favoured by joy & associates,
the HUGE opportunity to speculate to accumulate may be lost,
primarily because of an abject refusal to,
'speculate to accumulate',
which actually goes against hedge fund methods,
with all the pro-sisu lobbyists around here,
the critical decisions are theirs,
but, i feel there will be a definitive hardening against them if they don't come to the 'proverbial party'
PUSB

Black6Osprey

It's a funny old game though isn't it.

There's the possibility that if were to lose on Saturday against Preston we could be back to being 10 points adrift of 6th place again.

Not saying that is going to happen but things can change very quickly.

My problem all along this season (apart from AT and the possible losing of McGoldrick) is that of us being able to sustain form.

We're doing great at the moment but there's still a long way to go. We have a blip now and we could be further away from the top 6 than we have been for a couple of months.

As I have said before, let's see where we are in January and if we still have DMC and Bailey and how many points we are behind. Let's hope we have replaced DMC and Bailey adequately too should that scenario arise ..... that's if we are allowed to replace them at all. Who knows with this club. Could be a case of stick with what we've got.

Got a funny feeling about Saturday for some reason. Maybe based on the fact that every time we've been here before and we think we are on to something and believe we will win, we fail.

Next 3 games are massive.

Totally agree. We are edging closer but one or two defeats and we will be further away than we were 10 games ago. Get through December and see what team we have left.

I think all this talk of us not being a one man team and we are scoring from everywhere though is a bit naive. McGoldrick has 15, Baker 6 and then I think we are down to 3 goals after that. Without McGoldrick we would still be scrapping it out near the bottom four. Its also his all round play not just the goals. The thought of going back to Ball up front on his own fills me with dread.

covcity4life

Will Preston be tough? Yes

Will getting to playoffs be tough? Yes

Will life without MCG be hard? Yes

But bottom 4 scrap without him? Behave
Totally agree. We are edging closer but one or two defeats and we will be further away than we were 10 games ago. Get through December and see what team we have left.

I think all this talk of us not being a one man team and we are scoring from everywhere though is a bit naive. McGoldrick has 15, Baker 6 and then I think we are down to 3 goals after that. Without McGoldrick we would still be scrapping it out near the bottom four. Its also his all round play not just the goals. The thought of going back to Ball up front on his own fills me with dread.

Otis

Think he's saying we could have been rather than we will be.

His goals have obviously been a massive, massive contribution to our current success. Without him our potency up front would have practically been zero.

This is why I think some of the optimism flying around at the moment is a bit premature.

Let's see if we still have DMC in Jan. If not, let's cross our fingers and pray that Robins has another gem lined up from somewhere. Without that striker up front we are going to struggle to make any impact on the teams above us.

Goals are coming from elsewhere in the team because of the focus the opposition are having to put on David McGoldrick and the resulting space this has created for the rest of our players.

You can be bound sure that Preston's remit on Saturday will be to stop David McGoldrick. Number one item on their list.

covcity4life

this optimism has been here for longer than some of the bandwagon jumpers will have you think

you wrote the team off,you were wrong and now you are looking for excuses of we are a one man team

without him we may fall back but relegation scap? shame on you.

Users who are viewing this thread