The man behind the iphone, ipod passes away. (1 Viewer)

Cov City Daytrader 87

Steve Jobs the man behind some of apples I-products has saddly passed away last night.

Jobs recently stepped down from CEO of Apple due to poor health.

It's going to be very hard for anyone to step up match his level.

RIP Steve.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Any death is upsetting, but this young lady is not headline news like Jobs. She had her whole life ahead of her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-final-text-girl-dying-father-downstairs.html

Ok, that's a tragic death of a teenager but Steve Jobs is one of the founders of home computing, a genius.

People die every day, many before their time, that's life. This reminds me of one my favourite quotes from Jobs at a graduation ceremony:

Death is the destination we all share, no one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be because death is very likely the single best invention of life. Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure — these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.

For the record, I'm not a big apple fan boy, I used to have an ipod but 3 broke all just outside of the warranty I realised it was a con! But Apple through jobs guidance pushed the electronics industry forward.

LastGarrison

Ironic really and probably fitting that a lot of people probably found out he was dead through the products he produced.....

wingy

Forgive the gallows humour,am sure he was a decent enough guy ,but its a pity his products are'nt durable enough to sustain a decent life span ,or be superceeded every 9 months .For something that has the same gestation period as a human ,it would help if they could last more than a year.the hype around all these technologists and their drip feeding of developement ,making the previous version obsolete confuses me ,if you know somethings going to be useless or worthless within a year ,why pay exhorbitent prices for it.RIP:whistle::whistle::eek:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread