The Long Long Long Game (1 Viewer)

I have mentioned on a number of posts recently that the situation is that we can't get rid of SISU at the moment because what are the doing wrong in the eyes of the Laws?

How about we keep them honest? We can't just boycott because they will just shut down the club and build houses on the training ground to recoup money. If we keep going to games and keep them ticking over until.....sometime in the near future they have to have training facilities in place and a ground to play at, if this can't be achieved then the FA or EFL have to get involved because they will be unfit to own the club!

Maybe we should be lobbying Wasps to make sure they do not negotiate with SISU over ground share/lease. Maybe reverse the roles and force SISU out of Business to buy city at a cheaper cost?

This all may take until the end of next season but this time next year, if no ground is sorted we could then turn the screw on them. Unfortunately this may result in CCFC no longer in exsistance but maybe a MK Dons situation if we can get the golden share.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Kingokings204

Not sure CSB.

Wasps won't negotiate anyway so they don't need any encouragement. Sisu don't care about us or what we do so not really sure what we can do other than keep the pressure on which is clearly getting to them and watch the natural occurrence of fans voting with their feet starting next season.

Death spiral in full motion in afraid. We are bystanders

Nick

Administrator
Lobby wasps so they stop the club from playing there? How is that going to put sisu out of business?

I would say I'd be shocked at our fans wanting to work with wasps to damage ccfc, but sadly I'm not .

Lobby wasps so they stop the club from playing there? How is that going to put sisu out of business?

I would say I'd be shocked at our fans wanting to work with wasps to damage ccfc, but sadly I'm not .
Surely if CCFC have nowhere to play the efl and fa won't let them move to Northampton on false promises of a new stadium again. Not fit to run the club.

Ian1779

Surely if CCFC have nowhere to play the efl and fa won't let them move to Northampton on false promises of a new stadium again. Not fit to run the club.

That's exactly the reason why they WILL be allowed to move. A non-footballing entity obstructing a league club from fulfilling fixtures....

Nick

Administrator

No, if they really are forced from the ricoh they will have more of a chance of being allowed to move.

Still, why will that put sisu out of business?

Let's get our fans behind distressing ccfc, sounds like a great idea.

Anybody would think a decent pr game is being played to make other parties heros for doing exactly that. Only city fans would openly say work with other people to do it.

What they really need is a few accounts that haven't posted for years to get fired up again and push it home...

Last edited:

torchomatic

torchomatic

Preferably get them to buy us, then kill them.

When their back is turned and not looking or stare them straight in the eyes and do it?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The person is obviously a wum if not he's probably in a group of 3 who want this so just ignore him or we'll end up with 30 pages of crap.

Coventry87

KofK is right, we have finally realised we are bystanders. Whilst we are operating at a 'profit' investors will wait patiently for the outcome of JR2, I am sure it will go ahead despite lack of comms re court decisions.
I can't be done with the trust, the scg, the jhw or any other self proclaimed supporters group, none have come even close to getting a decent united front.
We need professional PR help with a credible figurehead to represent fans. Can't see it happening until we have a proper fans battle fund as professional services cost. Hope I'm wrong - wouldn't be a first- but I can only see the current protests creating further division.
Anyway, I'm still going and supporting when I can, Rovers on Monday

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

KofK is right, we have finally realised we are bystanders. Whilst we are operating at a 'profit' investors will wait patiently for the outcome of JR2, I am sure it will go ahead despite lack of comms re court decisions.
I can't be done with the trust, the scg, the jhw or any other self proclaimed supporters group, none have come even close to getting a decent united front.
We need professional PR help with a credible figurehead to represent fans. Can't see it happening until we have a proper fans battle fund as professional services cost. Hope I'm wrong - wouldn't be a first- but I can only see the current protests creating further division.
Anyway, I'm still going and supporting when I can, Rovers on Monday
Great I agree the need so how much are you prepared to put into the battle fund ?

Paxman II

The sentiments right Corwalll but tbh I'd welcome a move to negotiate a new deal with WASP so we had some concrete foundation of where we are playing medium to longer term. I truly believe WASP would rue the day they let the football club slip away with all its potential for large paydays in future rents, 30k+ crowds spending their money every fortnight. It may not look that way now but can you honestly hold up your hand and say we will never return to the Championship or Premier league? If I were WASP I'd get CCFC tied up to a deal with flexible options on future status. i.e. rent now may 100k but in the premier league 1m. Share in income streams commensurate to performance and crowd pull etc etc...even an option to buy in to the Ricoh deal.
There's just one problem...I wouldn't negotiate with SISU on such a deal or even offer it to them. I'd offer a short term deal as we have now and wait for a new owner of CCFC and start from there.
This is why I think new owners would have a clean slate to work from and while not control of he Ricoh, have a very good hand in it and some share of income. Even have a joint training ground with top facilities and then some. When the time comes we build our own stadium so we are no threat to WASP but would add significantly to their earnings. But whatever I'm just thinking out loud.

Coventry87

There's a question! Seriously tho', if I could see a credible plan from a business that wants to help and has expertise in getting us noted on a much wider scale I'd bung in £500. Would love to see it happen, but it needs to galvanize all views and that is a massive challenge.

dongonzalos

Totally agree with staying within the law.
SISU need the business to run at breakeven it seems st all costs.
Which makes only one effective tactic available to the fans as far as I can see

torchomatic

Totally agree with staying within the law.
SISU need the business to run at breakeven it seems st all costs.
Which makes only one effective tactic available to the fans as far as I can see

And what is the upshot of that effective tactic? Administration? Liquidation? Or just relegation?

torchomatic

torchomatic

Maybe to get SISU to publicly put the club up for sale, that would be the start...

Maybe, but we don't want to suffer one of those first, do we? Anyway, I thought "every club was for sale", so it just needs someone serious - not Richard Keys mouthing on Twitter - to make a serious offer. Is there anyone?

skybluebeduff

Maybe, but we don't want to suffer one of those first, do we? Anyway, I thought "every club was for sale", so it just needs someone serious - not Richard Keys mouthing on Twitter - to make a serious offer. Is there anyone?
No doubt yes there is maybe a few, but it would help to get SISU's figure they want for the club.

skybluebeduff

You don't have to be up for sale for someone to try to buy you and I don't see a queue of people interested at the moment...
Are you in direct contact with SISU about any potential buyers? Standing near Ryton waiting for Bentleys to drive past?

This line of "I don't see a queue of people"...

Well clearly not, because it would have to be public first, and the CET would be straight at it just for SBT to be "AGENDA"!!

Nick

Administrator
Are you in direct contact with SISU about any potential buyers? Standing near Ryton waiting for Bentleys to drive past?

Well clearly not, because it would have to be public first, and the CET would be straight at it just for SBT to be "AGENDA"!!
Are you? Or are you just pretty much reeling off Gilbert's lines?

You get a better deal if it's not up for sale publicly anyway ;)

skybluebeduff

Are you? Or are you just pretty much reeling off Gilbert's lines?
Are you?, are you also just reeling on Gilberts lines aswell?
Not me, nor you, nor many others on here have a clue if anyone wants to buy us or not. No point having a debate about potential buyers, unless you sincerely know something others don't?...

Last edited:

Ian1779

Would hope a serious bidder would completely stay out of the media.

Anyone that runs their 'proposal' through the CET is not a credible option.

Users who are viewing this thread