The Last of Us part 2 (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

Mine came today, should give it a first go later. I'm avoiding all details of the game itself but all the reviews I've seen appear universally positive apart from it being a bit too grim for some, which I'm completely fine with myself. The first was like a punch in the gut at times

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Mine came today, should give it a first go later. I'm avoiding all details of the game itself but all the reviews I've seen appear universally positive apart from it being a bit too grim for some, which I'm completely fine with myself. The first was like a punch in the gut at times
I can deal with the grimness, i mean the first one was excellent and the story was mind blowing.

from what I’m reading, the story appears to be all over the place. I’ll wait for more reviews but I think I’ll wait until it hits 2nd hand

Marty

I can deal with the grimness, i mean the first one was excellent and the story was mind blowing.

from what I’m reading, the story appears to be all over the place. I’ll wait for more reviews but I think I’ll wait until it hits 2nd hand

I loved the first game and the 'left behind' DLC, I'm not sure it needed a second, but I have to admit I was really looking forward to this new release, I've saw the odd spoiler and read reviews on it, and seems to have gone all political. Everything needs 'diversity' shoehorned in now a days.

I currently haven't purchased but would still like to play it and infact may pick it up if they have it in stock while I do my food shop later.

Covstu

I liked the first but didn’t get the massive hype over it to be honest. There was some great scenes but didn’t fully grip me as a lot of people say. I didn’t get that feeling like when I played resident evil or silent hill the first time but I guess it’s an individual preference

ajsccfc

I had heard that when someone leaked spoilers there was something that made alt-right dicks wet themselves and boycott it, look forward to seeing what caused such a normal reaction

Covstu

I’m kind of getting to the point where I’m questioning buying PS4 games with PS5 round the corner. I still have a rake road to get through so feels a little like a waste at this point

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I’m kind of getting to the point where I’m questioning buying PS4 games with PS5 round the corner. I still have a rake road to get through so feels a little like a waste at this point
Yeah I’m leaning towards this, I’ve still got Red Dead Redepmption, Spider-Man, Star Wars fallen Jedi to finish, and I’m only at the start of assassins creed odyssey and Uncharted 4.

I’m debating to hold off on the PS5

ajsccfc

One neat thing EA are doing is if you get the next FIFA on PS4, you'll be entitled to download the PS5 version as a free upgrade. Be nice to see more companies doing the same

Liquid Gold

Thought the first one was spectacular, looking forward to this but will wait till. it's cheaper.

Yeah I’m leaning towards this, I’ve still got Red Dead Redepmption, Spider-Man, Star Wars fallen Jedi to finish, and I’m only at the start of assassins creed odyssey and Uncharted 4.

I've been playing Odyssey for about two weeks and only uncovered about 10% of the map, it's huge. Way to big for a casual player like me.

ajsccfc

I tried Odyssey but there was too much of it too soon so I couldn't get into it, had the same with the previous games and Ubisoft titles generally, a map filled with icons is overkill.

Covstu

I tried Odyssey but there was too much of it too soon so I couldn't get into it, had the same with the previous games and Ubisoft titles generally, a map filled with icons is overkill.
It’s one of the best I played, have a proper go, it’s special

Covstu

I was thinking to hold off but I know I’m kidding myself!

skybluegod

Completed Last of us 2 last night, think it was a brilliant game. The user reviews are clearly people who haven't played and were upset by the leads. But i loved the game, couple of irks that i won't spoil on here, but overall lived up to the first one.

Frostie

Fantastic again, Naughty Dog are something else.

I can understand a little criticism over the story as some expected one thing & got another but I enjoyed it, it's deliberately controversial & also harrowing at times.

The first one still edges it for me as the greatest game ever but from a technical standpoint this is as good as it gets.

Cannot wait to see what HBO do with the TV show

Amen to that.

Marty

Managed to pick this up for £36 brand new from eBay, was a little reluctant to pay full whack for it after all the poor reviews, which so far I've found completely unwarranted. The game is excellent, the city is vast and interesting, graphics are amazing and I can imagine it'll be phenomenal on a PS4 Pro and a 4k TV. I find Dina incredibly annoying though, I've been crouched behind items a few times for her to get the same cover and push me out beyond the cover, she was no finesse either, you are practically baby sitting her.

Impressed so far and can't wait to play the rest.

ajsccfc

There are pacing issues and few other bits but on the whole, the poor reviews mostly tended to be orchestrated by people who didn't play it but were angry about some creative choices in a work of fiction. A lot of well-adjusted people out there with their priorities straight

Frostie

I've just replayed through the first one again (remaster), will start Left Behind again this week possibly then might dive back into Part 2 again.
Nothing comes close to this series imo.

ajsccfc

I didn't want a sequel as they'd got everything right with the first. Now I'm hoping we see a third in future

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Managed to pick this up for £36 brand new from eBay, was a little reluctant to pay full whack for it after all the poor reviews, which so far I've found completely unwarranted. The game is excellent, the city is vast and interesting, graphics are amazing and I can imagine it'll be phenomenal on a PS4 Pro and a 4k TV. I find Dina incredibly annoying though, I've been crouched behind items a few times for her to get the same cover and push me out beyond the cover, she was no finesse either, you are practically baby sitting her.

Impressed so far and can't wait to play the rest.
The computer 'help' is anything but helpful most of the time, it's nowhere near as bad as that bellend Lance Dance on GTA Vice City though. Great game overall, some of the encounters were very good. I'm not sure what i'd like to see in a third game, perhaps a prequel set very near the beginnings of the outbreak?

Marty

Game was great, 8/10, Not as good as the first one.

I thought Ellie came across as a bit of a spoilt brat after the play through with Abby, and got what she deserved at the end, would have actually preferred it if Abby killed her, I'm not sure any more of her story needs to be told now, I think the whole vengeance story is played out and nothing draws me into thinking that any further games need to be centered around her.

Hated playing with Abby to start with, but she was a very likable character and honorable, towards the end I wanted her to win against the petulant Ellie, any third game needs to be focused around Abby. the sex scene with Owen was dreadful.

Tommy was a bit of an arsehole, basically tried to be the calm reasonable person, not lets get into a cycle of violence etc, then he goes and see Ellie when shes removed from the whole situation to stir her up into fighting again.

Ellie and Joel had a strained relationship and it felt a bit unnecessary to me, the game does have pacing issues, the cut backs added little to the game and I found some of them boring,

ajsccfc

Tommy was a bit of an arsehole, basically tried to be the calm reasonable person, not lets get into a cycle of violence etc, then he goes and see Ellie when shes removed from the whole situation to stir her up into fighting again.

Couldn't agree more, fuck that guy

Users who are viewing this thread