The last hurrah of a once great club (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

Quite possibly the last time ccfc get national coverage. After this next time we are mentioned might be 'one time premier league perennials fold.' So yes a last hurrah

PUSB

ceetee

Quite possibly the last time ccfc get national coverage. After this next time we are mentioned might be 'one time premier league perennials fold.' So yes a last hurrah

PUSB
I'll correct that for you. ....one time premier league perennial strugglers.....

withnail

Talking of the good old days of perennial struggling, I was looking through the program for Cov v Everton on 23rd December 1995 (we were second bottom at the time) and saw this bit featuring a young McSheff.
mcsheff.jpg

The highlight however was the "Action Replay" section that relived the 5 nil thrashing of champions Blackburn a couple of weeks earlier.
The low-light was another "Action Replay" section that covered the 4-1 defeat to villa.

wingy

What I don't understand is why SISU made the investment in January (and since) then why they didn't make it last summer. If TM had been given funds then it may have been different.
Although it was to little, to late, I blame Slade on how he spent the money. He will claim he was picking up scrapes of out of contract players.
If you're suggesting the wage bill is any higher than it was at the end of September, I think you're mistaken.

ceetee

There's no reason to believe that extra funds have been made available - more likely that funds were underspent in the summer and this left some cash in the kitty for January

logjoe

The more weeks that pass, the more defeats, the closer we get to relegation to League Two the more I genuinely feel that Wembley this year will be our last hurrah. I can see us getting relegated and that being it for our club.

We have owners who don't care, but don't want to sell up, fans who can't agree on anything, ever. Perhaps the worst squad we've ever had, well it must be, this is the worst position we've ever been in.

I'm so massively deflated I can't even begin to describe it, I'm honestly distraught about what's happening to the point that I can't look forward to Wembley, knowing what a sorry state we're in.

I know I'm saying nothing new, and many have felt this way for a long while, but those that know me and watch me post know I'm generally Mr Optomistic. And after years and years of trying to remain upbeat I really am now heartbroken.

Feel like I've been cheated on. Off to the pub to drown my sorrows :(
I couldn't agree more i have said this same thing on other posts i will not be going to Wembley because they will pocket both the money from Wembley and selling Ryton and walking pissing themselves and there will be nothing we can do about it.

Users who are viewing this thread