The lack of consistency (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

I'm praying to the rain and sun gods every night and offering my wife up as a blood sacrifice.

I'm also getting my mum to knit some extra big goalkeeping gloves for Lee Burge. Not sure what else I can do.
Get her to knit some boots for Burge because the ones he wears now don't work

stevefloyd

giphy.gif

Edgey95

6 points from Accrington and and Colchester and everyone's perception of the league will change.
I think 4 points is the bare minimum we need from those 2 league games though, especially before Brighton away.
If we're not in or close to the autos come mid / late march, then panic stations.

Adge

Aye-as long as we don’t disgrace ourselves, say 2-0 or 3-1 etc. Just thinking if we get hammered as Notts County did against Swansea,then that could have an effect on morale.

Londonccfcfan

If we had a graceful exit from the FA Cup then we can concentrate on the league

I actually wouldn't be surprised if we rested a lot of our players for this game. particularly ,

McNulty, Willis, Bayliss, - would definitely get these guys rested for a 10/11 days! for the big push in! wouldn't want anymore fatigue injuries.

Id go with the following, who also some need match practice. and you just never know.

JCH, Biamou
Barrat, Shipley, Kelly, Reid/JMD
Haynes, Hyam, Mcdonald, DKE

Really need to be concentrating on the league! and making sure some use that weekend as week off!

Brighton Sky Blue

I actually wouldn't be surprised if we rested a lot of our players for this game. particularly ,

McNulty, Willis, Bayliss, - would definitely get these guys rested for a 10/11 days! for the big push in! wouldn't want anymore fatigue injuries.

Id go with the following, who also some need match practice. and you just never know.

JCH, Biamou
Barrat, Shipley, Kelly, Reid/JMD
Haynes, Hyam, Mcdonald, DKE

Really need to be concentrating on the league! and making sure some use that weekend as week off!

Yes but humiliation will go too far the other way. Every good result is worth its weight in confidence and goodwill.

Londonccfcfan

Yes but humiliation will go too far the other way. Every good result is worth its weight in confidence and goodwill.

We wont get humiliated. and so what if we do! it has no bearing on the league. Id rather a 2-3 nil defeat than lose McNulty/willis/Bayliss/Doyle in this match! that would be criminal!

Definitely rest these four! other than that full strength, I'm sure there will be positives.

Barrat /Reid/ JMD/JCH need game time and not in the Under 23s!

Brighton Sky Blue

We wont get humiliated. and so what if we do! it has no bearing on the league. Id rather a 2-3 nil defeat than lose McNulty/willis/Bayliss/Doyle in this match! that would be criminal!

Definitely rest these four! other than that full strength, I'm sure there will be positives.

Barrat /Reid/ JMD/JCH need game time and not in the Under 23s!

I don't see 3-0 as a humiliation, but 8-1 definitely is. I'm just saying-bow out respectably.

steve82

6 points from Accrington and and Colchester and everyone's perception of the league will change.
I think 4 points is the bare minimum we need from those 2 league games though, especially before Brighton away.
If we're not in or close to the autos come mid / late march, then panic stations.

On the flip side 2 points or less and it's meltdown part 5... injuries have been cruel this year especially to now possibly lose 3 key defenders.

Londonccfcfan

On the flip side 2 points or less and it's meltdown part 5... injuries have been cruel this year especially to now possibly lose 3 key defenders.

How many injuies we actually got? no more than anyone else has got? Most teams have got 2/3/4/5 players injured. With Suspensions also. (we been quite fortunate with suspensions so far) can only think of one McDonald.

Grimmer - possibly miss 2 league games and be back for Mansfield- that's if its 3 weeks? hopefully wont be more than 4 weeks.
Davies - 6-8 Weeks
Stokes - ?? hopefully he isn't injured but could be missing for 3 weeks like Grimmer so may miss 2 League games.

and the two long term injuries, Jones and Andreu.

that's 4 possibly 5 injured players. if you include long term.

steve82

How many injuies we actually got? no more than anyone else has got? Most teams have got 2/3/4/5 players injured. With Suspensions also. (we been quite fortunate with suspensions so far) can only think of one McDonald.

Grimmer - possibly miss 2 league games and be back for Mansfield- that's if its 3 weeks? hopefully wont be more than 4 weeks.
Davies - 6-8 Weeks
Stokes - ?? hopefully he isn't injured but could be missing for 3 weeks like Grimmer so may miss 2 League games.

and the two long term injuries, Jones and Andreu.

that's 4 possibly 5 injured players. if you include long term.

I accept injuries are part and parcel of the game and all sides get them and are affected in different ways. Always seems our key players pick up the injuries.

My reference was to Davies, Grimmer and Stokes.... we've yet to know the real extent to Grimmer and Stokes but early signs are they will be doubtful for Accrington and Colchester in the first of a big February fixture run.

Davies who will certainly be out will be a big loss for sure and was a rock at the back recently. Mcdonald will slot in but it's Davies old school approach we will miss v Wycombe.

Suspensions so far we've been very good on not even Doyle has picked up a ban yet despite everyone suspecting he would in the summer.

Londonccfcfan

I accept injuries are part and parcel of the game and all sides get them and are affected in different ways. Always seems our key players pick up the injuries.

My reference was to Davies, Grimmer and Stokes.... we've yet to know the real extent to Grimmer and Stokes but early signs are they will be doubtful for Accrington and Colchester in the first of a big February fixture run.

Davies who will certainly be out will be a big loss for sure and was a rock at the back recently. Mcdonald will slot in but it's Davies old school approach we will miss v Wycombe.

Suspensions so far we've been very good on not even Doyle has picked up a ban yet despite everyone suspecting he would in the summer.

Key is hang in there this month tough month. il be happy to still be in touch with play offs and Automatic places. ie don't lose ground.

Then its game on from March on wards in the last 10!

steve82

Key is hang in there this month tough month. il be happy to still be in touch with play offs and Automatic places. ie don't lose ground.

Then its game on from March on wards in the last 10!

This is definitely a month to keep in touch with the pack for sure. Not a easy task but this is CCFC, we don't take the easy route.

Plenty of twists and turns left in this season.

Londonccfcfan

This is definitely a month to keep in touch with the pack for sure. Not a easy task but this is CCFC, we don't take the easy route.

Plenty of twists and turns left in this season.
i have feared the worst on more than one occasion this season. the problems we face right are less than just before the Luton game. it really was meltdown.

We couldn't win at home or away or even score a goal for four games. almost went 5 matches without a goal, after we scored early vs Crewe at home.

Barnet (a) draw 0-0
Accy (a) lose 1-0
FGR (h) lose 1-0
Colchester (h) Draw 0-0

We come through that with a win vs Luton Away 3 -0!!! lol

Londonccfcfan

like i mentioned earier really been impressed how this tem how bounced back from a defeat with a win!

title of next thread if beat Accrington - Bouncbackability this season!

Its been impressive.

After the run i mentioned above we bounced back with unlikely win at Luton!
other results :
Cambridge (a) we beat Exeter (H)
Mansfield (h) we beat Lincoln (a)
Morecambe (a) , we beat Cheltenham (h)
Port Vale (a), We beat Carlisle (a)
Exeter (a), we beat Swindon (h)

Hobo

Put your best fully fit team out, and rest any niggles. If we lose we lose but a good performance can build so much confidence for a promotion push. It can be such a team bonding experience the cup....but the league is our bread and butter and what the team exist for.

Users who are viewing this thread